Dear d3, thank you

Tromb2ch2
Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This is an honest post, thank your for this new event. I'm actually enjoying this event! It's an interesting concept with new story and that makes me excited to play more of this event. Also the variation of goons by subs will make it so I'm not fighting the same guys over and over which is also good.

There are some things that can be improved (see other threads this is a positive thread) but thank you. Keep on making more events please!

Also if you want to comment on this thread please only positive comments, leave the negativity in other threads. We need to show d3 that we are happy when they do good things.

Comments

• Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    I really appreciate the fact we get new PVE content. "Choose your own adventure" format is also a great feature (even if it boils down to doing all the nodes anyway). Mindless Ones and Kaecilius are tough, but beatable - for me it's the right amout of challenge. They require tactics a bit different than usual "hit as fast and as hard as you can" (bigger emphasis on board control - certainly feels more like a puzzle). Best new event since Webbed Wonder in my opinion.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually like the Mindless Ones. I can't remember the last time I said that about new goon introduction. I mean, it's always possible I'll have a change of heart, but the Sentries and Ninjas infuriated me (and I still don't really care for either one). The Mindless Ones, though, I don't currently feel negatively about.

So thanks for that.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the idea is nice but once again the scaling is not letting me have fun.

Kaecillius level 513 is not fun.

Ultron minions at 410 with 100k+ hitpoints, match damage comparable to 5s, and putting criticals tiles in the board that do 8k damage every other turn is NOT FUN
  • Tromb2ch2
    Polares wrote:

Ultron minions at 410 with 100k+ hitpoints, match damage comparable to 5s, and putting criticals tiles in the board that do 8k damage every other turn is NOT FUN
    And I said please leave this stuff off this thread. This thread is supposed to be positive. There are plenty other threads you can put that in.
  • Polares
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    Polares wrote:

And I said please leave this stuff off this thread. This thread is supposed to be positive. There are plenty other threads you can put that in.

Sorry but one thing is what you want and another completely different is reality. You might be enjoying the event, and as I said, I think it is a good idea, but I can't because the scaling doesn't let me. So yeah, I would also love to have fun as you, so I am going to flood the forum until I get a fix from the Devs (or I get banned icon_razz.gif).

Why do you think some users should have fun while others are crushed by the difficulty?
  • Tromb2ch2
    Polares wrote:
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Sorry but one thing is what you want and another completely different is reality. You might be enjoying the event, and as I said, I think it is a good idea, but I can't because the scaling doesn't let me. So yeah, I would also love to have fun as you, so I am going to flood the forum until I get a fix from the Devs (or I get banned icon_razz.gif).

Why do you think some users should have fun while others are crushed by the difficulty?
    I think the better question is why are all of your posts negative. And i never said I didn't have problems with this event. Go cry elsewhere.
  • Polares
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    I think the better question is why are all of your posts negative. And i never said I didn't have problems with this event. Go cry elsewhere.

Well, looks like your level of empathy is really nice. I will show you the same respect and I will cry wherever I want to icon_e_biggrin.gif

Fix the Scaling!!!!
  • Tromb2ch2
    Polares wrote:
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:

Well, looks like your level of empathy is really nice. I will show you the same respect and I will cry wherever I want to icon_e_biggrin.gif

Fix the Scaling!!!!
    I empathize with your scaling concerns but there are already multiple threads about it which you and I already have commented on. Why spread it to this thread as well?
  • I love the fact that the boss needs some strategy and thought to defeat, rather than relying on infinite combos or massive damage dealers.
    Also like the new goons. Change is as good as a rest.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Nice, a positive thread where the OP just wants to spread the love!
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    Go cry elsewhere.

Never mind.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't care for this. You get to chose your sub, but there appears to be no meaning from that choice, so why? I would prefer it if the subs had different point values like typical subs do. That way if you know you're going to be too busy to devote time to the game on the last day you could play the highest point sub first. Alternatively, give some kind of power bonus each time you clear a sub so there's strategy to it. Right now the choice seems pointless.

Worse than that the boss is not fun. It seems like they sat down in a room and were like "Well Boss Rush went over great, how can we make sure people have that level of fun or higher for our new boss?" Then they got ideas like, make him invincible, over scale him, give him tons of bonus damage tiles so if you don't kill him in a few rounds you're toast. And they just took all those ideas and shoved them together in a barely functional mess.

I put a post on my alliance wall that I don't care for this event and got nothing but people saying they felt the same.

I do like the artwork, the concept, and the new goons, but beyond that this is pretty terrible.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I think the event has the potential to be fun, but once again it's overtuned.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    The new goons are nice. I also enjoy having new story lines. And no Dark Avengers. Yay!!
  • Halleck
    Halleck Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    So far I'm enjoying the new story too. The Mindless Ones are interesting. Kaecilius emphasizes board control in a way not seen before. Choosing the order of subs is nice even if it's not impactful. It's all a breath of fresh air.

Sub choice might be more than just mildly-interesting for future runs or events; if someone's game-time is minimal one day of an event, someone can play their least favorite sub then and play their favorites when they have more time. Increased player choice and control is always appreciated.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Um, I like the minions...

I can sunshine pump too!
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    There's a lot to like in the idea of this event, I'll give you that. That's all I can be positive about though--the idea behind it.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    I actually like the Mindless Ones. I can't remember the last time I said that about new goon introduction. I mean, it's always possible I'll have a change of heart, but the Sentries and Ninjas infuriated me (and I still don't really care for either one). The Mindless Ones, though, I don't currently feel negatively about.

So thanks for that.

I agree! They strike the right balance and seem character-appropriate: Their attacks can really hurt, but they're dig, dumb (can't move the board) and slow, so you can work within their limitations to avoid their strengths. These goons work.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:

Fix the Scaling!!!!
    I empathize with your scaling concerns but there are already multiple threads about it which you and I already have commented on. Why spread it to this thread as well?

Polares is trying to be positive but the scaling is alittle crazy for this event. Regardless, you're not doing yourself any favors by responding back to him. Fighting back with him is turning this post from positive to negative and could potentially be locked by the Mods. Ignore and move on icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you for turning God Mode on, I mean boosting Red Hulk for this event. Makes it even better!
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:

So thanks for that.

I agree! They strike the right balance and seem character-appropriate: Their attacks can really hurt, but they're dig, dumb (can't move the board) and slow, so you can work within their limitations to avoid their strengths. These goons work.

Maybe I'm in that sweet spot where they're tough because I don't have a super-strong or super-weak roster, but I find it hard to think they're fun to fight when they immediately drop a protect tile that negates all of my match damage or an attack tile that ends up doing 1,000+ damage a turn once one or two of their purples go off. They also have a lot of health compared to most goons, meaning it takes me a while to chip away at them, especially if one of their blasted protect tiles are out and I can't match it away. I don't like it when victory practically hinges on getting a friendly board.