Crash of the titans apology

Roguewookie26
Roguewookie26 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
While it is great that d3 finally figured out that communication is better than silence and apologized for the profx bug in game im not sure i understand their logic in the fix. They are going to rerun the profx crash during the next sweet taco cycle.
Is that an extra crash for that cycle or replacing the crash that was scheduled for it? If its just a replacement then that is not a fix at all. It does nothing to compensate the people who couldnt complete the crash today but normally would be able to, it just costs them the token they would might have won the next time instead.
It would have been much better to swallow your pride d3 and say hey we screwed up and are taking responsibility here let us make it up to you . Its 1 token. Its not gonna kill the game to just give it to us freely, chances are it will be a cover most cant even use like normal anyway, since you still havent addressed the massive issue of not being able to trade in or replace useless covers.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, yeah...why don't they just give out a legendary to anyone who attempted the node?
    Oh hell, just give everyone a legendary. What's the worst that could happen?

You'd get some good will. You'd get some people maybe getting that last cover for a 4* they liked. Hell, maybe some people really wanted 1000 ISO for free.

I do not understand why re-running the node in 5 days is of any kind of benefit. No-one's annoyed because they really, really enjoy playing Professor X vs Elektra and felt cheated their favourite fight was a bit of a bust. They're disappointed because they needed a legendary token and did not get one. Re-running Professor X or doing the next character as scheduled will make little difference with regards to today.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about all the health packs and boosts people used before they realized something was wrong? There are people with limited rosters and killing their health packs and just re running the event seems like a poor choice.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Honestly, I'm just happy that they were so prompt with their communication, and announced there was a stuff-up, with a mea culpa.

I'd like to see more in game communication like this.

A similar, timely communication for Boss Rush would've gone a long way to defusing the anger around it. Something like:

"We acknowledge that the Boss Rush event is proving to be very difficult for a lot of players. This level of difficulty is intended, however, we're monitoring player progress throughout the event. Although it's too late to change the difficulty level for this event, we'll use that data to calibrate an appropriate level of difficulty for the next Boss Rush event."
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    10 days. Not 5. Next sweet cycle.

Giving everyone an LT would be great. Rerunning it is great for those of us who beat it. It also helps those that would normally have won.

But for those who really had no chance, rerunning it just pushes the next match they have a chance to win further away.

Although rerunning it will be beneficial to me, it isn't a decision I support.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Where is the apology/announcement of reschedule?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where is the apology/announcement of reschedule?

Popped up in-game.
  • Roguewookie26
    edited November 2016
    Its an in game news announcement. If you missed got to the settings in the upper left corner of the main screen and click on todays news to cycle through the recent one it should be the third or fourth one.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm glad that we got an in-game message, and that it was prompt. Bonus points for the "fix". Spent health packs and boosts are gone, but everyone gets another EASIER shot at it in the near future. If you managed to succeed this time, that's just icing on the cake.

Also, I don't think it's fair to start accusing them of replacing a future Crash to cheat players out of a reward. There's no reason to assume that would be the case, and if we react to an honest attempt to fix a problem by getting upset at hypothetical situations we're going to ruin any chances of communication from them in the future.

We want MORE of what happened today (in response to the problem), not less.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Huh. I haven't seen it. Maybe I dismissed it without reading it like I do most of the pop-ups! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Roguewookie26
    JHawkInc wrote:

Also, I don't think it's fair to start accusing them of replacing a future Crash to cheat players out of a reward. There's no reason to assume that would be the case, and if we react to an honest attempt to fix a problem by getting upset at hypothetical situations we're going to ruin any chances of communication from them in the future.

There is every reason to think that is what they are doing. The way the "fix" is worded. The loooooong amount of past experience we have of d3 doing things like this.
    The apology wasnt them getting better but an attempt by them to stop the massive flood of tickets their lackluster support dept was recieving. While i am glad they did respond promptly if you think it is anything else you are seriously deluding yourself.
    I beat the crash today finally, i almost always do now. But most people couldnt. And instead of just giving everyone an lt for their screwup they just took the one they would have earned today away. Why?
    I agree that we need the responses like this one, however we also need them to actually have a logical "fix" to go along with it, otherwise it just becomes a talking head. If questioning the answer they came up with challenges them to the point they stop communicating then really they werent doing it to start with.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh. I haven't seen it. Maybe I dismissed it without reading it like I do most of the pop-ups! icon_e_biggrin.gif

If you want to see it go into settings and click "Today's News"
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i beat it on my third try. without using invisibility. but ok, i guess it was difficult...
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    Why not just run it again tomorrow? Fix it and redo. How hard is that?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    i beat it on my third try. without using invisibility. but ok, i guess it was difficult...

I love these responses. I beat it too, doesn't take away from the fact the event was still broken. But hey, we beat it. F every else that couldn't because the event was broken, amirite.
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    What he doesn't say was how he had a friendly board that left him with 4+ match 5s and the enemy couldn't find red or black AP at all.

Meanwhile my elektra is drowning in red and black AP
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is every reason to think that is what they are doing. The way the "fix" is worded. The loooooong amount of past experience we have of d3 doing things like this.
    The apology wasnt them getting better but an attempt by them to stop the massive flood of tickets their lackluster support dept was recieving. While i am glad they did respond promptly if you think it is anything else you are seriously deluding yourself.
    I beat the crash today finally, i almost always do now. But most people couldnt. And instead of just giving everyone an lt for their screwup they just took the one they would have earned today away. Why?
    I agree that we need the responses like this one, however we also need them to actually have a logical "fix" to go along with it, otherwise it just becomes a talking head. If questioning the answer they came up with challenges them to the point they stop communicating then really they werent doing it to start with.

No part of the wording says they're skipping a Crash. It doesn't even say if/how they're changing the lineup. Simply that the next Sweet will feature Prof X again to make up for the problems this time around. It doesn't say "The character meant to be featured that week will be banished from Crash of the Titans forever! Bwa ha ha!" And there's no benefit to anyone here in reading it that way.

Giving people an LT for the screwup is silly. Do you seriously think giving a free LT, to the people that completed it and got one already, the people who didn't stand a chance even if there hadn't been a problem, the people who don't have Prof X, the people who would have forgotten to play today and would have missed their chance, is worth giving away for free to try and compensate a much smaller group that didn't win, but maybe should have?

Their proposed solution is better. People who can beat the next Crash will get theirs, fair and square. If you can beat it, you get it, like you're supposed to. People that beat this harder one get the added bonus of getting to beat it twice, and the second run being easier by comparison. The reward and compensation is based on merit, and nobody gets charity or free handouts. It's better for everyone all around.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Insert25c wrote:
    What he doesn't say was how he had a friendly board that left him with 4+ match 5s and the enemy couldn't find red or black AP at all.

Meanwhile my elektra is drowning in red and black AP

only one match 5.

denied red/black.

worked out.

you can win any node in this game with a friendly board. and lose any when the ai gets one. your response was supposed to be scathing/insulting? when all you did was proclaim the basic fact of playing this game. no i didn't say i got a friendly board cause it went without saying. took me three tries. maybe next time i'm sitting here at this point in the day still trying to beat it for lack of a 'friendly board'...
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I beat it. Barely. With a 13 cover PC and full boosts. After a half dozen attempts.

The correct solution, as many people posted, was to give everyone who tried it a LT. This is a nonsolution.
  • ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    A free Legendary token?! D3 caring about their player base and showing good will?! Keep dreaming. This game has the most bugs of any mobile game I've played and their customer service gives put the least compensation. When the player base stops spending money then you might see a change but until then it's business as usual.
  • I tried this today with my lil 1 2 1 prof x and I would have made it had it not been for the red and black damage while invisible. Obviously used boosts but they were wasted. Do feel like some sort of compensation is in order whether it's an LT or not. Hero points would be nice icon_e_wink.gif