Wasted 5* covers

Dekliko1978
Dekliko1978 Posts: 93
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Let me start out with the fact that I’m impressed that a mobile game has kept my attention for almost 3 years now, day 1030 on mobile but also played on Steam before that.
I play this game probably more than I should (especially if you would ask my wife) and have also spend more money on MPQ than on any other game.

Many improvements have been made over the last few months, they have tried (and mostly failed to do it right the first time) to introduce a few new events. But the one thing keep on (purposely?) ignoring is the way players progress into the 5* tier. The covers are distributed by pure chance instead of skill/time invested or anything else really. But on top of that when you are lucky enough to get a 5* cover it can also be one of which you already have 5 from, so it becomes a really juicy 2k ISO. That feeling when you open that token or buy it with your hard earned(bought) CP and it turns into a 5* cover which you have to sell is the most frustrating, infuriating moment in the game.
This has happened to me a few times with OML, SS and Phoenix (maybe 6 covers which I had to sell before I was able to champ them), but this was all back when there were only 3x 5* in the Classic Legends pool. Now with already 7x 5* in the Classic Legends pool it becomes near impossible to get that final cover you need to champ a 5*. In the last 2 weeks alone I managed to pull 3x 5* BSS covers which I can’t use.
What is the point to continue if there is no proper way to improve your roster? Disregarding the silly option of buying the cover for 720cp (that’s € 500 worth if you do it in a buyer club).

And obviously CS denies all requests for help with the statement they will only provide the option to swap a cover for another color from the Latest Legends pool.

I’m not sure how to continue from here on: go the hoarding route for LL’s only, hoarding CP to buy the last cover or maybe sacrifice a goat to the MPQ gods. Anyway my frustration level is over 9000 atm.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm with you. So far, I've had to sell a 6th SS blue, and I will be selling my 6th OML red and 6th OML black within the next few days.

It's pretty bad!!!!

I guess I should at some point start hoarding CP for the next new character launch... but I don't want to wait months or years to get a chance to win more 5*s! Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll max out my IM... who knows....
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Not the first or last topic on this till the issue gets fixed. Hurry up devs, we're losing patience

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53565

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37571

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51709
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have sold like 3 PH covers, and like 2 or 3 from SS. I was on the brink of having to sell an OML cover when I pulled the last one I needed so I could use the other one as a champion level (just one day left!!!)

A couple of weeks ago I pulled my 6th yellow IM46 cover and tired of having to sell 5 covers I contacted CS. They swapped the cover, but they told me repeatedly that this was a one-time exception for being a good customer, and this swaps were just for LLs.

At this point I have 3 different chars with a power with 5 covers, so I am really scared of opening CLs until this is fixed. My GG is almost champed and IM46 is almost usable, so my brain says keep opening CLs, but I don't want to waste covers so maybe the best option for now is go LLs and try to get as many BB and Strange covers as possible.
  • What a wonderful time to be a veteran MPQ player.

Since my OP I have gathered 2 more 5* BSS covers, but of course not the correct color. So now I had to sell 5 x BSS covers.......

First I'm being treated like a whining kid by the CS for asking them to swap the covers, this is a service for which I'm probably not spending enough to provide for me.

But luckily I can see that the developer team is treating me like they should treat a 3 year long customer, by using me as a beta tester ( viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55185 )

I wish I wasn't as addicted to the game, otherwise common sense would dictate to quit the game immediately.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    I have a CRAZY idea.

By now pretty much all vets know that customer service will swap latest legends. There's been a clear trend of many of us switching to latest or hoarding for a latest as a direct result of customer service policy. This puts added pressure bogging down customer service with swap requests. This 'problem' will only get worse with time. If they receive 30 requests a week now it'll likely be 100 requests a week in 3 months.

I know this is completely nuts but rather than have your customer service handle something in game that you clearly deem acceptable...why not make this change official in game.

You could even take it a step further and make 5* covers colorless for classic pulls as well.

A little bit of work now will save a LOT of work for your other team down the line.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    While feel the empathy for the situation, at least you guys are getting enough 5 stars to achieve maxed colors. While not a day one vet, I've been opening LTS since day one and never hoarded a single LT or CP once it got to 20. Currently I sit with one 5 at 8 covers and the eight more with 4 to 1 covers. So I would love to be in you guys situations of having nearly maxed 5s and complaining about pulling a 6th power color fwiw.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    As the game stands, there is a point where you have no choice but to hoard.

The devs have stated they do not like hoarding.

Here's hoping they one day rework the game to stop pushing players into hoarding icon_neutral.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    While feel the empathy for the situation, at least you guys are getting enough 5 stars to achieve maxed colors. While not a day one vet, I've been opening LTS since day one and never hoarded a single LT or CP once it got to 20. Currently I sit with one 5 at 8 covers and the eight more with 4 to 1 covers. So I would love to be in you guys situations of having nearly maxed 5s and complaining about pulling a 6th power color fwiw.

You say that you would love to be in that position... but when it happens to you, you will not love it.

You'll see that sitting on the same leveled character for endless months starts to feel quite pointless.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I'm trying to figure out how someone pulls 5 BSS covers in one month. That just blows my mind. In my last 30 days of pulls I have one 5* Cap and one Green Goblin.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    I'm trying to figure out how someone pulls 5 BSS covers in one month. That just blows my mind. In my last 30 days of pulls I have one 5* Cap and one Green Goblin.

They probably have twice as many pull opportunities as you do. Once you've built out your 2/3/4* tiers the cp comes at a fairly steady and predictable rate. Yes only the oldest and deepest rosters have that luxury, but once your established, the roster maintenance is relatively straightforward. That said you can never get off the treadmill, even a 3 month break will put you 3 to 4 and 2M iso behind.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hear you dek. you know my plan. could always join me icon_e_smile.gif . currently 134 LL pulls (50 tokens at ~2100 cp) on my way to 300. hopefully there will be 3 worth targeting at the time.

I've sold 6 so far. 4 surfer and 2 oml. and I still don't have any at 13. ss at 11 and oml at 10. the last 1K cp I used yielded nothing that made any difference. made some 1 and 2 cover guys go to 3 covers. yippee. that's when I made the decision. wish you the best, teammate.
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Hola! I'm here to ask you to please upvote that op. And to share my experience.

I'm the proud (not) owner of a champed ss. My pull rates are horrible, if you consider nearly everyone. Apart from ss (already sold a spare cover before pulling my last one to champ him), I have only a single color of a single character that I won't benefit from a 5* pull. That is oml red. And ofc, I have 5 duplicate red covers for him (fyi, never ever pulled a black, that 1 in my lvl 405 is from daily resupply). Feel free to check my roster if you don't believe me. All spare covers were rostered in order to provide proof when needed, cause cs won't just treat you like a 3 year old, but one that lies as well.

Ofc cs didn't do anything to my begging to swap either one of them so I can use it.
    Now, flirting with forum ban, I will say that many have reported successes swapping classic covers for a single time exception. Just not all are allowed to.

Frankly at this point, I don't care. But I'll try to green op's post so that devs read.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    smkspy wrote:

You say that you would love to be in that position... but when it happens to you, you will not love it.

You'll see that sitting on the same leveled character for endless months starts to feel quite pointless.

You mean like sitting on the same 2-4 cover 5 stars that really only useful for easy nodes. At least you're same leveled 5 star that is nearly champed isn't worthless beyond 3-4 pve nodes.

But yeah, even in 4 star land, it does suck. Just pulled my 6 thing cover in two weeks that I'll have to sell unless I somehow pull 3 human torch covers to get him to 183 so I can get that yellow cover.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    the developers don't care. The game is specifically designed to require more time than is sane to get top rewards, then they make those rewards rewards rng to stifle progression to make the worK to reward ratio ridiculous. Again, it's design, not accident

The game is catered to the casual player. Those players get the greatest rewards when you take into account how little time they play.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Phumade wrote:
    They probably have twice as many pull opportunities as you do. Once you've built out your 2/3/4* tiers the cp comes at a fairly steady and predictable rate. Yes only the oldest and deepest rosters have that luxury, but once your established, the roster maintenance is relatively straightforward. That said you can never get off the treadmill, even a 3 month break will put you 3 to 4 and 2M iso behind.

I earned 275 Command Points in the last 14 days. Are people pulling in that much in one week?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    Phumade wrote:

I earned 275 Command Points in the last 14 days. Are people pulling in that much in one week?

I started hoarding again right around the time divine champs started so in too events I'm back up to 121 cp, 28 std,8 elite, 22 heroic, 1LT, and the associated event tokens.

to demonstrate the importance of champ levels, I'll open up my stds, elites, and heroics.

So before I open:
    226,286 iso, 21125hp, 121 cp

opened 28 std, 8 elite, 22 heroics
    end result

238,236isi, 21,225hp, 129 cp plus 1 heroic (that I'll start the new hoard), 11 2* that I'm gonna hold for a few days, and a extra MK cover that has to wait until I champ him.

and those were just the elites and heroics that came from 5 events (I think 2 pvp, and 2 pve events)
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards

The game is catered to the casual player. Those players get the greatest rewards when you take into account how little time they play.

I don't agree at all, people just get bent out of shape when they can't have a 5* covered right now. Sometimes it's like a forum of veruca salts. RNG bites us all, I don't think there should be colourless covers. You take your chance like everyone else, I don't like that they even adjust latest LT's. Yeah a few newer players have got lucky but I don't see that many 3* players with a great 5* and if they have I bet the MMR is absolutely smashing them.

If they had colourless 5* before you know it everyone has well covered 5* and the game has to move onto 6* and the same whinging starts again. The only way I'd welcome 5* colourless is with a reduced draw rate. If you have gone through a 3 and 4 star transition and this bothers you, then you really must question why you play the game at all. The rarity and hope you will get the right colour is some of the fun.
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    While RNG stinks, it is a big part of the game. However, the daily resupply is not random and could be changed to allow players to choose the color of their choice which would be a great improvement. The worst example is a repeat of OML black before giving out the other two colors which goes against how colors are rotated in every other instance of the game.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    The problem is if you are in 4* land and trying to build up a 5* roster it can take a long time to get a 5* cover and if it's a dupe when you need a bunch more to max then it really sucks. I had a 1/5/2 OML for about 4 months then finally got a cover for him. I was so happy because he was my only decent 5* that I could use and now can level him up more. Yellow cover that I sold. Within the next few months I managed to get a black and a red so now 2/5/3. I asked CSS if they could swap my extra yellow but they said they couldn't. I will certainly get more dupe OML covers before he is maxed and by that time he might be nerfed even.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I recently pulled a blue SS having him already at 5,4,2. Contacted CS and got the same response so I also made sure to post I am not satisfied with my CS. The way I am looking at it is if enough people post through customer service that they are not satisfied and explain why the CS team will also put pressure on the Devs to change their policy. CS gets rated on turn time and satisfaction of their customers. If we keep saying we are not satisfied it will ring more attention to the policy the Devs have in place.

Here is the reality. The 5* are the hardest covers to get, and the most valuable in the game. The fact that it takes so much time to get a cover and so much luck is involved hey really need to help players more who pull 5* they cannot use. 5* should be colorless, or a swapped for a usable cover. Having 2 policies for classic and latest is pandering to the highest paying customer and ignoring the masses, ignoring the VIP customers, and ignoring the customer who drops $20 on the game every couple of months and ignoring the FTP players. Please fix this D3 you are better than this current policy.