Profx invisibility not working vs Ballet of Death[Merged]

Comments

• evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    This is the third run of the professors crash. And there's no way that any of elekras a moves were hitting while invisible in the past.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:
    I'm software developer as well and I cannot imagine how they processes look like.
    No?
    Let me help you.

"Does the new patch prevent the game from starting up? If no, it goes live."
    In fact I remember two times when new patch did prevent my game from start up and the patch was live icon_razz.gif
    The first time I couldn't play for a month until they fixed the problem (game didn't start for many users and it wasn't top priority?).
    The second time I had to buy new phone, because the previous one "wasn't supported anymore" icon_razz.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    smoq84 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:
    I'm software developer as well and I cannot imagine how they processes look like.
    No?
    Let me help you.

"Does the new patch prevent the game from starting up? If no, it goes live."
    In fact I remember two times when new patch did prevent my game from start up and the patch was live icon_razz.gif
    The first time I couldn't play for a month until they fixed the problem (game didn't start for many users and it wasn't top priority?).
    The second time I had to buy new phone, because the previous one "wasn't supported anymore" icon_razz.gif
    Lol, fair enough.

"Does the new patch prevent the game from starting up for half the player base or KDN? If no, it goes live."
    icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle wrote:
    "Does the new patch prevent the game from starting up for the whales, especially KDN? If no, it goes live."
    icon_e_biggrin.gif

Fixed
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 wrote:
    This is the third run of the professors crash. And there's no way that any of elekras a moves were hitting while invisible in the past.

Before the changes to Carnage's red, it was Carnage the enemy of ProfX. They changed it last time, because now he can hit Invis chars, so this is just the second time. But it worked ok on the first time.

Man this is really annoying. Knowing that Invis is broken but letting this go live is.... well I don't know what to say.

Send an LT to everybody and let's all forget this happened.
  • 11rileyj
    11rileyj Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Polares wrote:
    evade420 wrote:

Before the changes to Carnage's red, it was Carnage the enemy of ProfX. They changed it last time, because now he can hit Invis chars, so this is just the second time. But it worked ok on the first time.

Man this is really annoying. Knowing that Invis is broken but letting this go live is.... well I don't know what to say.

Send an LT to everybody and let's all forget this happened.

Yeah if they KNEW invisibility wasn't working as intended they should absolutely have rearranged the Clashes until they fixed it.

Apparently quality control is a bridge too far.
  • It is not just Crash. I tested with Prof and a couple low level 2*s in SHIELD Sim and he took damage from non AOE attacks through invisibility.

Anyone want to try with another invisible character and see if it's a general problem or specific to the Professor?
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Same issue here. Everyone I've talked to is having the same problem. All of her ability hit when prof X is invisible.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champ PX took 3 attempts to win and then still only survived with 150 health
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep. I knew invisibility powers were one of the things broken by the latest patch, but I didn't realize it was this bad. Crash is virtually unwinnable like this.

Also, new sig!
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    My Prof X started the match with 3 match 5 on the board. She died before making a move, didn't realize it was bugged lol.
  • bbf2
    bbf2 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I shouldn't have to explain why. But trust me, you need to forget whatever else you're doing and fix the glitch where invisible characters can get hit by AP powers. Fix it before the Professor X Clash of the Titans ends. (WELL before, at least several hours before) If you don't, people are going to get furious and you're going to get a million tickets. All the good work you put into the new Strange event will be mostly overlooked if you don't fix this simple error that's going to screw over so many of your players.

Alternatively, if you can't, make sure to give a free LT to everyone who owns Professor X on their roster.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    I'm angry this crash is one of the very few I could accomplish, but due to invisibility issue, I doubt that this time...
  • CrookedKnight
    I managed to win by the skin of my teeth by denying red like crazy and tanking through Shadow Step until I could finally do match damage, but that doesn't change the fact that it was insane to have this match go up as planned with invisibility broken.
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    ****? Prof's invisibility is literally his only hope of winning that fight. It was the whole reason his opponent was moved to Elektra after Carnage's powers were made to hit the team. Patch it or start passing out legendary tokens. Or both.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    This makes perfect sense...

All powers trigger Quake's passive.
    No powers trigger Thing's passive.
    All powers hit through invisibility.

Don't you see? The game is treating every power as if it were an AOE now.
  • CrookedKnight
    It explains everything!

Well, except Megawhales not working, but it's also not unthinkable that a patch would have two major bugs.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Makes perfect sense. That's got to be the root cause.

As much as I liked having Quake negate all power damage - it made EOTS much less painful - I'd much rather have the game working as expected.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:
    Makes perfect sense. That's got to be the root cause.

As much as I liked having Quake negate all power damage - it made EOTS much less painful - I'd much rather have the game working as expected.

Indeed, with the sheer volume of caltrops in that event you would still take quake along anyway, but without invisibility PX is screwed unless you get a stupidly lucky board.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Same... i hope they will fix this or give everyone a LT... without invisibility, prof X is useless.