Progression in EotS

2»

Comments

• The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Any word anywhere yet if this was a bug, or if they have moved the goal posts back to the game being for only 1% of players again?
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they're moving the bar.

I tapped out in EotS after reaching the Cyclops cover. I feel like I've been doing that a lot, lately.

A proper game does have tiers of play. Not everyone is entitled to the best prizes. It's nice for the players if they have a reachable target, but maybe they've decided to gate the rewards differently. Casuals need not apply - take your 3* and buzz off. Only the truly devoted can get that last 15 CP.

That's how I read it, and I'm out. I'm still playing, but I recognize when I can't reach a goal. That last 1/4 requires far more effort than I'm willing to put in.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Would really love a red comment on this. Can we expect comp or should we all send cs tickets?
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I did 4x clears + a few more here and there. I'm 38k short halfway through last sub. No point in continuing. 7 day events suck.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ended up hitting it, but had to full clear most nodes in final sub.

If this is intentional and the new bar it's another 2 steps back. So it's probably intentional. Coming soon impossible max progression 'you're supposed to lose'
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta wrote:
    Can we get an official response?

qIKR0Qt.gif
    Meander wrote:
    Would really love a red comment on this. Can we expect comp?

gKqNY.gif
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't finished the event yet, but I have enough points in my nodes to reach the 138,000 reward of 15 CP. Was it easy? Heck no, but still doable. Should the rewards be better? Of course! I don't think the High Point Threshold was a bug, per se, but an oversight. I'm sure they have those reward thresholds calculate by some software function that doesn't take into account the wave nodes which have 2 less missions. I believe the simple difference in having 2 less missions for the wave nodes made the 15 CP reward so difficult.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I'm a little disappointed that I don't think I'll be able to make it. I got green checks on the first two subs, but only got CP plus green checks on essentials and trivial nodes on the next two. Last night it was clear that no amount of grinding was going to get me there so I peaced out to watch game 7 instead. Usually I can take a sub off (or two on these 7-day events) and still hit final progression, but not this time. If that's the intention, fine - I'll adjust my play accordingly, but I'd really like to know so that I can plan ahead in the future.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    I won't hit final progression cause of the insanity that was Game 7 of the World Series last night. I couldn't hit my last full clear of all nodes in the 2nd to last sub. I think Game 5 or 6 cost me a solid final clear as well.
    I'm only at about 117K, even after the 4/6 clears in the final sub. It's definitely way higher than it should be, but I thought EotS was run since the big PVE refactor? Perhaps not since Clearance Levels though.

But since the Cubs won the World Series, I'm somewhat okay with it.
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Calnexin wrote:
    Maybe they're moving the bar.

I tapped out in EotS after reaching the Cyclops cover. I feel like I've been doing that a lot, lately.

A proper game does have tiers of play. Not everyone is entitled to the best prizes. It's nice for the players if they have a reachable target, but maybe they've decided to gate the rewards differently. Casuals need not apply - take your 3* and buzz off. Only the truly devoted can get that last 15 CP.

That's how I read it, and I'm out. I'm still playing, but I recognize when I can't reach a goal. That last 1/4 requires far more effort than I'm willing to put in.

I've been doing this as well. Play to the 4* cover and then stop. The big gap in required points from that to the next reward just kills my desire to grind it out.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had to slack off slightly on the first 2 subs due to other factors; was hoping I might be able to catch-up on the last 2. I think I will go for the last progression event token and Top 300 the sub and call it a day, since I won't be able to hit the 15 CP.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Due to forgetting about DST and also having work, I didn't push this one as hard as normal.
    That said, I did 4 clears of each normal node, two clears of the survival nodes every day with the exception of the yellow loaner node on the main event page. I would also do the survival nodes down to 1 point every day and then maybe a singular node once or twice as time allowed.

I was about 2000 points short of the final progression. That's not happened before. Even on events where I do the bare minimum and just do 4 clears and maybe a clear before work as the event closes I've always hit progression.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did the initial 4/2 clears, then made sure I got all the XP before the end of each sub. I got the final progression reward just before completing the initial 4/2 clears on the last sub.

So, if you get all the XP, you'll easily get progression. If you don't, you probably won't.

At least it's "only" 15 CP, not 25.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I did the initial 4/2 clears, then made sure I got all the XP before the end of each sub. I got the final progression reward just before completing the initial 4/2 clears on the last sub.

So, if you get all the XP, you'll easily get progression. If you don't, you probably won't.

At least it's "only" 15 CP, not 25.

So max prog now requires grinding all nodes to green checkmarks in a somewhat-close to optimal schedule? **** that. 54+ PVE matches each day is unreasonable for the rewards on offer.
  • sza
    sza Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I played the way I usually play pve to get to progession, that is, clear the node 4-5 times and I was about 10k short of progression. Really sucks especially cos this is week long slog as well. I think D3 should do a 'clean up' release - forget all the new characters and features, just make sure the basics are working again.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    sza wrote:
    I played the way I usually play pve to get to progession, that is, clear the node 4-5 times and I was about 10k short of progression. Really sucks especially cos this is week long slog as well. I think D3 should do a 'clean up' release - forget all the new characters and features, just make sure the basics are working again.

I'm in the same boat. I normally do 4-6 clears, depending on time. I missed some on Halloween, due to other commitments, but that should balance out. I'm also looking at being about 10,000 points short though, even if I do six clears of the final zone.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I made full progression, but just barely. It took clearing the final node on my final grind (excluding the final wave mission and three required missions) before I reached it. I finished with 142,734, not even 5,000 points over full progression.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I put in a ticket the other day but have yet to hear anything, not even the usual robo-email that repeats everything incorrectly.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    deadtaco wrote:
    I put in a ticket the other day but have yet to hear anything, not even the usual robo-email that repeats everything incorrectly.
    I submitted a ticket about it... they closed it as resolved with the following message:
    D3 Go! Customer Support (RK) (D3 Go!)

Nov 3, 14:14 PDT

Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

Upon our review, it seems that the problem you are experiencing within the game is a known issue. The developers are working hard in order to resolve the issue you are experiencing, and a fix for the issue should be released soon. We ask for your patience until the issue can be resolved.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (RBK)

Followed by:
    Hello [JVReal],

We'd love to hear what you think of our customer service. Please take a moment to answer one simple question by clicking either link below:

How would you rate the support you received?