Progression in EotS

alphabeta
alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
In one of the recent puzzlewarriors pod casts one of the developers said that 4 clears on each node would get progression and clears beyond are for those competing for placement.

Can we get an official response as to why a developer is saying that to the playing community and yet EotS final progression has been set way way beyond that?

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Methinks they didn't balance it for wave nodes, and since EotS has a plethora of them it would explain the imbalance.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    I agree that's likely the cause but if I made as basic an error in my job as that I wouldn't do well and if it impacted my customers I'd have to rectify it as it was my mistake not theirs.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Here is what I posted inthe Bug thread (I suggest everyone who thinks they will be short, post in this thread. The more they see the more attention it should get)

Here is an image of my scoring spreadsheet up to the current sub. As you can see I have done more than just the required "full point clears" (4 for normal nodes, 2 for waves) and still need 47638 points for progression. I don't think the last sub will provide that.

Here is an image where I filled in the remaining sub with full point clears. The node points colored purple might be off, they are from previous runs. The yellow boxes at the bottom are actual point values for each sub that I have gotten so far - except of course the last sub.

According to all this, I will still be more than 23K away from progression even though I have done what the devs said was required. Please let us know what is going on.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I've done more than 4 clears (probably averaging around 4.5 - 5 mainly the lower ones). I'm still over 40000 short too. One more sub left and I'm gonna be annoyed if after suffering through a long week of slogging I don't get the 15 CP
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I gave up on playing it pretty early on apart from the occassional token grab, making me the true winner and meaning I don't have to deal with this latest idiocy :p
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    How do they continue to mess up something that should run like clock work at this point. After doing the required leg work for the last sub of four clears for singles and two for waves, I'm sitting at 131694. So about 6500 shy of progression. Here's the thing, I've hit every wave node (except one) for 4 clears each sub, even working many of them down to 1 (so 5 or 6 clears for wave nodes). I've hit the majority of single nodes 6-7 times themselves (only did four times for the hardest nodes of Hell's Kitchen). By any standard PVE, I should have been long pass progression and would be playing strictly for placement at this point.

Between SCL8 rewards being a joke both in progression and placement, individual node rewards still being terrible, and event tokens pumping out 2 stars (especially those conveniently not rostered), the game is a mockery and insult towards its paying customers.

Boss Rush sucked, but I find what is being pulled here to far more insulting.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished my 4 clears on final sub. Still 10k short.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    alphabeta wrote:
    In one of the recent puzzlewarriors pod casts one of the developers said that 4 clears on each node would get progression and clears beyond are for those competing for placement.

Can we get an official response as to why a developer is saying that to the playing community and yet EotS final progression has been set way way beyond that?

It's rigged!
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've done what should be more than enough and I'm 15000 short
    methinks Demiurge miscalculated since i'm radically short and have a pretty good ranking
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    this is the only thing I expect from D3

sweep%2520under%2520rug.gif
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    This!

I've done all 4 clears, for all subs including the last one. Still 15k short of 15 CP.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing this. I've cleared every node five times, most of them six, a few even more than that. Got my first four clears in the final sub out of the way and I'm still about 10K short. In my slice and bracket, only the top four have reached progression.

I think I'll manage to hit it, but it might not be until my final grind.

EDIT: I should also add that I didn't have 4* Cyclops going into this event and didn't get him through progression until my final grind of the (I think) third sub. If i would have had him from the start, I probably would be a lot closer to max progression, if not over it.

But in my opinion you should be able to hit max progression without the required nodes as long as you clear every other node six times. I think in this event, there's no way that would have been possible. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll make it having hit every node (including required nodes, except for Cyke's the first few subs) at least five times, most of them six.

I hate leaving points and XP on the table, but life got in the way on a few of these subs and I couldn't fully clear a few nodes. Seems missing max progression would be kind of **** for missing clearing a handful of nodes.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    What weird baby brackets are you all in?

In mine the top 13 (as low as I can see, probably a lot more than that) are over 149K.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:

In mine the top 13 (as low as I can see, probably a lot more than that) are over 149K.

They are in normal brackets. They are just trying to do as little as possible to get max progression, even if it means leaving XP and rewards on the table! Slackers 4 Life icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

They are in normal brackets. They are just trying to do as little as possible to get max progression, even if it means leaving XP and rewards on the table! Slackers 4 Life icon_e_wink.gif
    I know what the people in here are doing.
    What I want to know is why _I_ never get a bracket where only 4 people clear max prog.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Daiches wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

I know what the people in here are doing.
    What I want to know is why _I_ never get a bracket where only 4 people clear max prog.

If this was posted before their last sub started, this would be normal. Because even with near-perfect grind you only get max prog during initial clear of last sub.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Progression score was wrong in one of the wave nodes in sub.. 5? 6?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    mckauhu wrote:
    Progression score was wrong in one of the wave nodes in sub.. 5? 6?

likely the third node in last sub...seemed a bit low for the amount of waves
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I cleared 6 clears on all subs except the 2nd to last one (where I only got 4 clears on most, and 6 on a few). I'm at 4 clears on my last sub and I'm 5k+ short with 132,581K. I'll make progression on my end-of-sub clear but I usually have it going INTO the last sub (or shortly into the last sub). The Top 10 in my bracket have 149K+.

They definitely have not taken the wave nodes into account.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did 6 clears for most nodes, which should have put me well above max progression. Yet in the end, I won't hit it. Very frustrating.

First, they took away the ability to hit 1200 in pvp, now they're taking away the ability to hit max prog in pve.

I guess they really don't want us to be able to hit 15 cps! Why even bother to play the game if the only reward that matters is out of reach? This scl 8 rollout has been a major let down. Yay, we give you some more iso and hp! But then we make the cp particularly hard to reach. I don't think it's "lazy" to grind a pve event for 2+ hours per day, 7 days a week (over 15 hours, ie around 2 whole workdays!!!) and feel that should be enough to reach 15 cp.