EotS CL 8 Progression Problem

2»

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same here. Have done 4 clears plus some on every sub, although I didn't fully clear sub 2. Ordinarily that would be plenty, but I'm over 40k in the hole at the start of the last sub.

Fully butt status.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm coming up WWAAYY! short here, and I'm in the top 50
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Super discouraging to grind all week trying to get CP for Strange only to come up short. I am hoping we get an official statement and CP for people who reached a reasonable total.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    akboyce wrote:
    Super discouraging to grind all week trying to get CP for Strange only to come up short. I am hoping we get an official statement and CP for people who reached a reasonable total.

Official statement? bwaaaahahahahahahahaha... hahahahahaha...

icon_e_confused.gif
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I can confirm this happens also for CL7. I did all required clears (before point drops). Even a couple subs with 5 clears, just because I had nothing to do. For the last sub I already did my 5th clear and still 8k points short of 15CP.

At least I got three 4Cyke covers from EotS. One yellow from progression, another yellow from vault LT, and the one red from the vault. I think I'll just let it be.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Five hours to go in my CL7 slice that was filled half way through the first day and only the leader has reached the 15CP progress reward.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if the Progression points forgot to account for only 2 clears on the wave missions or the loaner nodes not being repeatable after chapter 1. Or both. I'm about 8000 short after clearing at least 4 times on every mission. Glad I only have that much to make up before the event closes. Quicksilver and Triumph should total about 6000 after they refresh. Still, getting there is taking more than it should have.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Given odd progression totals in other events, it seems like the following things appear to confuse the progression target setting... because when all the Subs are a straight 9 node 24hr format, it seems to be correct.

48hr Subs: The fact that you only get 4 full reward clears in the first day, and at best a single full reward clear on the second day means that effectively 8 times the node value is unachievable. While not something that should be problematic to work around, it does seem to throw their calculations out.... am going to be interesting in Deadpool vs MPQ which is 2 48hr subs...

Waves Nodes: Chuck in a wave node and the math seems to go to pieces. The fact that you can only get 2 full reward clears means that things need to be altered when calculating the progression targets.

Non-repeatable nodes: Got to be the easiest issue to handle, but add in a number of unrepeatable nodes and the math once again gets lost.

EOTS struggles because it has all of these to a greater or lesser extent, and having a Wave node on a 48hr Sub is just asking for trouble. icon_e_smile.gif

I would suggest that the following would be reasonable for a progression calculation:

For each 24Hr sub add up the following:
    4 clears of each normal repeatable node
    2 clears of each Wave Node
    1 clear of each non-repeatable Node

For a 48hr Sub add up the following:
    5 clears of each normal repeatable node
    3 clears of each Wave Node
    1 clear of each non-repeatable Node
    (higher numbers to allow for the fact that starting the counter on day 1 and then letting it fully recharge on day 2 seems perfectly reasonable).

Once you have each Sub score, add that up for Max. Progression, and then work out the key milestones within that to distribute the loot.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ground and ground. And missed it by 437 points. 437 points!!! Or 0.32%. The first missed max prog for me since CP were introduced.

Nice job Devs. Way to build goodwill before your big tie in event.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too have spent over 2 hours per day grinding this event, and I'm still not even close to hitting max progression. So incredibly frustrating. I have done 4-6 clears per node.

It's supposed to be 4 clears per reg, 2 clears per wave!! It shouldn't be so endless, with no reward in sight!
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Now that I have opened the last sub, I don't see how I can grind out the necessary points for progression. This beyond frustrating.

Why has there been no comment yet?