EotS CL 8 Progression Problem

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm in CL8 for EotS.

My formula for node clearing is:

Sub 1 (48hr) Join S1 (7:00 am est) a little late, usually around noon. Do my 4-clear. It went pretty quick. One more clear the next morning around 8:00 a.m. the next morning. I waited until about 10:00 pm to do the sixth clear. Not exactly optimal, but I fully planned on sleeping on a Saturday morning.
Sub 2 (24hr) Do my 4 clear around 8:30 a.m. Wait until 10:00 pm, do one more clear. I believe I may have done my sixth clear at 5:00 the next morning (wasn't feeling well and couldn't sleep. Pretty groggy though so I may have left one or two behind)
Sub 3 (24hr) Do my 4 clear around 8:30 a.m. Wait until 10:00 pm, do one more clear. One more clear the following morning at 5:20am.
Sub 4 (24hr) Do my 4 clear around 8:30 a.m. Wait until 10:00 pm, do one more clear. One more clear the following morning at 5:20am.
Sub 5 (24hr) Do my 4 clear around 8:30 a.m. Wait until 10:00 pm, do one more clear. One more clear the following morning at 5:20am. I left the top node with only five clears (It was worth 900 points). Not enough time.
Sub 6 (24hr) Do my 4 clear around 8:30 a.m.

I haven't done any other play throughs.
Re: Wave nodes. They are done twice instead of 4. Then the clears follow as normal.

However... I'm 903 points short of progression (which just happens to be the amount I missed this morning).

Now, I had thought that doing the 4-clear was supposed to be enough to get you to final progression. This is clearly not the case. I've used this formula before in CL7 and easily hit final progression + 20%.

Is this is CL8 thing? Or was there a horrible error somewhere?

I will hit progression, but not everybody is as diligent as I am, especially the casuals.

Why was progression so high this time?

Comments

• fruinjuice
    fruinjuice Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Any chance that you hit the wave nodes four times instead of two when you did your clears? In that case you ground them to zero and then they would have only had a portion of the points regen over 24 hours.

Normal nodes are 4 clears before point values drop.
    Wave nodes are 2 clears before point values drop.
  • pheregas
    fruinjuice wrote:
    Any chance that you hit the wave nodes four times instead of two when you did your clears? In that case you ground them to zero and then they would have only had a portion of the points regen over 24 hours.

Normal nodes are 4 clears before point values drop.
    Wave nodes are 2 clears before point values drop.

Edited OP for clarity. Only did wave nodes twice at the onset, once more in the evening, then the final time near the end.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The progression targets for EOTS this time around are crazy high. I've been hitting every node four times, including survival fights, and the only way that's going to get me anywhere close to the 15 CP is if the Nick Fury Rescue sub is back to the insane point totals it had in the first run of the event (and by "insane" I mean "survival nodes worth five-digit points").
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Same for me. I've done the 4 clears (2 for wave) method, which has worked for PVEs previously. After the end of today's sun I'll be at maybe 85k and only have the last sub left.
  • pheregas
    Fury rescue 2x waves, 4 x the rest = 24,400 points if that helps planning.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Same. I'm wondering if they screwed up and left it that you needed 4 clears of every node, including waves.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been doing 4 clears for wave nodes, 6 for easy nodes, and 4 for the rest and I will get to final progression, bust just barely.

My current score is 104k, 34k points shy of max progression. I still have some hours for sub4 (with 4+2 clears the score is 19k) and then sub5. Sub5 will probably be 25% more than sub4 ( so 24k with 4+2 clears for last sub?) so I will get there, but people just doing 4 clears plus 2 for wave nodes won't get there.

I think they might have used the value of all wave nodes with 4 completions at max score, which is not how it works for wave nodes, and they might have also miscalculated that there was a 2 day sub.

They always have problems with EotS. They should start giving the same scores to all subs in all events, there is no reason anymore for later subs to be worth more points (why people starting one day late should have better chances than people starting on the first day but who can not play on the last day?)
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    This thread sealed my decision to stop at the Cyclops cover. I'll play the final sub for tokens and CP only.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Point requirements are the same regardless of CL.

Here is what I posted inthe Bug thread (I suggest everyone who thinks they will be short, post in this thread. The more they see the more attention it should get)

Here is an image of my scoring spreadsheet up to the current sub. As you can see I have done more than just the required "full point clears" (4 for normal nodes, 2 for waves) and still need 47638 points for progression. I don't think the last sub will provide that.

Here is an image where I filled in the remaining sub with full point clears. The node points colored purple might be off, they are from previous runs. The yellow boxes at the bottom are actual point values for each sub that I have gotten so far - except of course the last sub.

According to all this, I will still be more than 23K away from progression even though I have done what the devs said was required. Please let us know what is going on.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    pheregas wrote:
    Fury rescue 2x waves, 4 x the rest = 24,400 points if that helps planning.

Thank you...

Suggests that I wont get progression as I am going to need 10,000 points from restarting the counter...
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    yeah I got the Cyclops progression this morning and that's it for me, not that it's hard but that Hand grind after 5 days is super boring.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Jexman wrote:
    yeah I got the Cyclops progression this morning and that's it for me, not that it's hard but that Hand grind after 5 days is super boring.

Exactly this. I might play thru the last sub just to pick up the extra vault tokens, but that's a pretty big might...this event is just too long and too time intensive to be enjoyable even with Nuka-Clops boosted...
  • pheregas
    As for me, I have been playing it all in, am up to 113K before end grind of next to last sub, and I have to say, the last several progressions seem to be miles and miles apart icon_lol.gif

Yup. Nothing quite so dis-insentivizing as going a whole sub between progression prizes.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    the 4 clear system sucks,

I hit the 4 star and stop.

And in this case I'm not even incentivized to hit the 4 star because i got the cover out of the EOTS vault.
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    CL7 has high progression too. I've cleared 4 times in every sub and I'm still at least 50k away from prog
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I diligently slaughtered ninjas every day and I'm 40k away from full progression going into the last day. Seriously? This event has by far the worst reward for effort ratio (next to Boss Rush of course) for any event since I've started playing. Those who decided to take a vacation for the event were again the smart ones.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    kobu wrote:
    This event has by far the worst reward for effort ratio (next to Boss Rush of course) for any event since I've started playing. Those who decided to take a vacation for the event were again the smart ones.

I propose when the CL gets high enough, that the max progression for a 7 day event should reward a guranteed 5 star cover. It justufies the extra time spent, and they only run like 1 per month, so that's still only 12 5 star covers per year, which isn't game breaking at the right tier of play.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    We are all experiencing this problem.
  • apmonte
    apmonte Posts: 72
    edited November 2016
    Add another voice to the choir. I've been doing 4+ clears on every mission and 2+ clears on every wave. I'm going to have to hope that the waves refresh enough points by morning to make the CP progression. I guess I'll be adding this event to the "do not play" list going forward.

Edit: Finished the normal clears for the last page and still 15k short of final progression.