STEAM covers

Options
DrDevilDinosaur
DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Keep Devil Dino as the new cover please.
Also Miles Spider-Man too I guess.
And maybe Gwen? I like both.

Comments

• mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Not just steam, variants on android here

Also cho and 5* ironman
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I like that they're mixing things up a little but I'm only counting 5 covers. Too bad there is not more. I also feel like they missed some other natural choices like Doom, Beast, Banner, Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Peter Parker. I think all of them are scientists.
  • Koorogi_859
    Koorogi_859 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    mikelnoe wrote:

Also cho and 5* ironman

No, STEAM stands for Science, Tech, Engineering, Art, Math. He wasn't saying it's only on steam.

Not steam, STEAM.

Now that doesn't look like a word anymore.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    STEAM!

Devil Dino cover is great. That series has great covers in general.

I like the Champions cover as a Champions cover, not so much as a Cho spotlight.

Miles is good art but again, not great for the game.

Gwen's is great.

Invincible Iron Man #1 looks really good, but.....maybe for a 4* Ironheart? Since she's on the cover and Tony isn't?
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I like that they're mixing things up a little but I'm only counting 5 covers. Too bad there is not more. I also feel like they missed some other natural choices like Doom, Beast, Banner, Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Peter Parker. I think all of them are scientists.

I'm guessing they limited it to 5 to line up with the 5 areas of STEAM:

S - cience... Dino
    T - echnology... Miles
    E - ngineering... Iron Man
    A - rt... Cho
    M - ath... Gwenpool

Albeit the STE are relatively interchangeable
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I very much would buy the Champions number with that cover. Moon Girl and Devil Dino too.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And riri got into the game before Medusa. Not really but still >_<.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    And riri got into the game before Medusa. Not really but still >_<.

I wonder if that's why they never used the new iron man suit as a character. The only member of the ANAD Avengers to not get into the game.

Though I look forward to Iron Man (Infamous)...hopefully they'll make one and make him good.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    DIVERSITY : FTW!!!!

I am SO PROUD of Marvel for these. And my students went crazy, when they saw these variants.

Kudos! :+D
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Proud of what? I must be missing something.
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    mikelnoe wrote:

Also cho and 5* ironman

No, STEAM stands for Science, Tech, Engineering, Art, Math. He wasn't saying it's only on steam.

Not steam, STEAM.

Now that doesn't look like a word anymore.

LOL now don't I feel silly.... thx for the explanation icon_e_smile.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm super confused as to what this is??? Are we getting 5 new variant characters? Or is this just some cross promotion that really adds nothing to the game. The announcement message was very unclear.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll wrote:
    I'm super confused as to what this is??? Are we getting 5 new variant characters? Or is this just some cross promotion that really adds nothing to the game. The announcement message was very unclear.

They do variant covers all the time. Every Women's Month, The cosplay covers, etc..
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll wrote:

It's a weak cross promotion that adds nothing to the game. Every now and then they use some variants from whatever thing Marvel is promoting. Usually it means nothing, though one promo was for Women of Marvel variants and it caused a few covers to get changed. Which sadly lead to the single Kirby cover the game had being replaced.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    broll wrote:

It's a weak cross promotion that adds nothing to the game. Every now and then they use some variants from whatever thing Marvel is promoting. Usually it means nothing, though one promo was for Women of Marvel variants and it caused a few covers to get changed. Which sadly lead to the single Kirby cover the game had being replaced.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm guessing they limited it to 5 to line up with the 5 areas of STEAM:

S - cience... Dino
    T - echnology... Miles
    E - ngineering... Iron Man
    A - rt... Cho
    M - ath... Gwenpool

Albeit the STE are relatively interchangeable

I mean, I'm not an expert, but I'd guess the character with an ability called "See the Math of It" isn't there for the A part of the acronym.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like I am the only player that does not like any of the STEAM covers.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I feel like I am the only player that does not like any of the STEAM covers.

None of them stand out to me, but I think Cho's is terrible.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They purposely chose young heroes to appear on those covers. They want to influence my kids. But I know I can convince them to better take real careers like Homeopathy.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Young characters? What about x23, iceman, jean grey, kate bishop, spider gwen, classic spidey, classic torch, squirrel girl or sam alexander and kamala khan getting their own covers? I just think having less tha 5% of characters with variant covers means there might be players that won't see or notice these if they somehow missed the one time pop up message.

I do realize the last 2 are on Cho's cover.