What are the scariest 4* defensive teams?

Options
2»

Comments

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not really scary but people might tend to avoid it.
    Medusa, Carnage and mr f.
    I fought and defeated this team once but I swore to myself that I would never do that again!
    Carnage spams special tiles, medusa can spam special tiles.
    Mr f heals the team when a friendly tile gets matched. Medusa heals the team when a friendly tile gets matched.
    Medusa produces AP when enemy tiles gets matched.

It's just... so... ANNOYING!
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think the other thread already stated this already but...

Medusa, Carnage, and either Peggy or 4* Captain Marvel are hard to deal with.  I can't even overpower them with a 375 Thanos sometimes.

Generally if Medusa' countdown gets matched early, she puts down enough of the powerful attack tiles that it's hard to recover from.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Skrofa said:
    Not really scary but people might tend to avoid it.
    Medusa, Carnage and mr f.
    I fought and defeated this team once but I swore to myself that I would never do that again!
    Carnage spams special tiles, medusa can spam special tiles.
    Mr f heals the team when a friendly tile gets matched. Medusa heals the team when a friendly tile gets matched.
    Medusa produces AP when enemy tiles gets matched.

It's just... so... ANNOYING!
    Exactly!  I also recently played against this team and it is really annoying.  Mr. Fantastic appears super lame, until he heals everyone or stuns you.  I tried fighting fire with fire and used my Medusa, Carnage, Hawkguy team thinking I would have an advantage.  Well, the match took forever, and during 1 unlucky cascade, Mr Fantastic healed everyone 50% of their max health.  My last several turns of progress were erased.  I eventually won, but vowed not to do that again. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since the PVP meta has changed a lot in the past 7 months, here's my 2 cents:

Shield Simulator:
    Carnage, Medusa, Mr. Fantastic - it's scary because of the auto-damage and long battles.
    Carnage, Medusa, Carol - probably just as bad as the above team
    Carnage, Medusa, 4*Rocket - this will kill you or use lots of health packs, stay away
    Star Lord, Medusa, 4*Rocket - this may not kill you, but it will definitely require health packs
    Peggy, Carol, Medusa - simply annoying passives to deal with.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Peggy is still really good, but all she does is slow things down, so not as scary as before
    Medusa has significant auto-damage, so I try to avoid her
    Carnage without Medusa is not too scary
    Carol is similar to Peggy, not terribly dangerous, but slows you down.
    4*Rocket is not seen yet, but when he does, watch out!
    Wasp has good cheap powers, but she's not as bad as the above
    Powerman is just annoying, not too dangerous
    Star Lord isn't too dangerous, unless you ignore him
    Prof X isn't too dangerous, unless you ignore him
    Rhulk is not as bad as the top 5 above
    Iceman's blue power is my only concern
    Jean can be dealt with just like Carol
    Nova has cheap powers, but there's lots of ways to deal with strike tiles
    Punisher is not a concern
    Blade is useless when you just match red tiles away
    Thing is not dangerous, just don't ignore him

• finlanderboy
    finlanderboy Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I would agree peggy, carol, medusa is the best defense right now in 4 star land.  Peggy is a giant stall that can hurt you badly if she get red.  Carol slows you down and can hurt you with black if she pops an easy yellow on it.  Medusa will hurt you, it is almost impossible to avoid.  Just mitigate.

With two stall characters that have the potential to hurt you, and one that will keep hurting you over time.  The cost in a health pack or more is the best defense you can get.  Plus they have a decent rainbow of colors.