Enemy of the State: SHIELD Base is easy....right?

bbigler
bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Perhaps I've been conditioned to expect super hard PvE events, but this one seems pretty easy to me. I can definitely say that there's less grinding involved in this one. The initial clear to start your timers require 27 wins instead of the normal 36, plus there aren't any 1 mission nodes. I'm not trying to say that it should be harder, but I thought that maybe the devs heard our complaints and lightened up a bit.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stop complaining about things being too easy. Not cool.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    You've probably noticed that the new PvE sub-event is very easy to complete and has less grinding than other events. Either our complaints have been heard (Boss Rush) or the subsequent sub-events will get harder. What do you think?

Easy, why? And less grinding?

My OML is locked so that has made max scaling slightly less (from 430 to 410), and it has survival nodes that only need to be cleared twice before the timer shows. And it is a 48 hour sub, but a part from that I don't see any difference.

Is there some irony / joke here I am not getting?
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    On a node-by-node basis it did not feel any less challenging. I took plenty of damage and even wiped once or twice.

I think it feels like less since there is one less node to play. Usually there are six nodes on the main story path, and three essentials (for nine total)

This sub, the first node is a Join Forces node that starts the clock immediately. Therefore I didn't have to play this node four times, so there were three less plays.

Also the main only has one node.

Definitely a relief.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2016
    bbigler wrote:
    What do you think?

I think you've lost your mind. Why would you post about something being "too easy?"
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Ehm... seriously? You ask this one day after a few of the worst possible nodes in the final sub of Venom Heroic (2xMuscle + Carnage/ Muscle + Lieutenant + Carnage) and the abomination of Wolvie/Gorgon + red feeders that is day 4 of EotS?

I'm already mildly aggravated about the 2 nodes in the first sub that have Wolvie + red feeders to be honest, so while this sub may not be the hardest there is in this event or the game, please just be happy it isn't and count your blessings. In short: NO, this is not too easy. The harder parts are coming up soon enough, if not in this event then in a following one.

Maybe you should check out Dark Souls on a platform of your choice? I hear it's great if you like to get your own buttocks handed to you on a regular basis... icon_e_wink.gif

*disclaimer: if the OP was meant as an attempt at humor it didn't succeed.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I did an entire clear of the first sub, which is more MPQ than I normally play, so sure.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    bbigler wrote:
    What do you think?

I think you've lost your mind. Why would you post about something being "too easy?"
    For the same reason he thinks the AI should be smarter? Masochistic/glutton for punishment?

The game is hard enough as it is. Stahp it.
  • hells kitchen cometh for thee icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I attribute it to being able to use your whole roster. This game is way easier when 3*Falcon isn't your team leader.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    It reached the current state after we complained vehemently about having to beat wave nodes 16 times to clear them.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    bbigler wrote:
    You've probably noticed that the new PvE sub-event is very easy to complete and has less grinding than other events. Either our complaints have been heard (Boss Rush) or the subsequent sub-events will get harder. What do you think?

The designers and testers of Boss Rush are currently reviewing the latest post from bbigler and I hear they are NOT happy.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fspynews.ro%2Fuploads%2Fmodules%2Fnews%2F0%2F2014%2F4%2F9%2F28127%2F1397025778d7473888.jpg&w=300

Oh boy.
    icon_lol.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    bbigler wrote:
    Perhaps I've been conditioned to expect super hard PvE events, but this one seems pretty easy to me. I can definitely say that there's less grinding involved in this one. The initial clear to start your timers require 27 wins instead of the normal 36, plus there aren't any 1 mission nodes. I'm not trying to say that it should be harder, but I thought that maybe the devs heard our complaints and lightened up a bit.

Gorgon commin!
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Eots always starts easy, and always finishes crazy hard. Wait for caltrops, gorgon slashes every other turn... Enjoy while it's easy though, it won't last long...
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kishus suck

I found this no more easy or difficult although Wolverine being the only enemy that can move tiles was a bit weird
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Having a boosted maxxed champed 4cyke helped. Used 3blade, hood, hulk on a rotation along with cyke. For fun I brought in 3Bullseye on wave nodes to spam his contract killer and semi-negate caltrops. The best is when I've laid down multiple Nightstalker countdowns so they are draining AP faster than the ninjas can make it. Teamed with boosted Hood, that AP drain makes it seem like the enemy team is just there for target practice.

Still, I'll admit it's a slow team for clearing even though I'm saving on health. Anyone want to chime in with a speed team, I'm glad to hear about it
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    It'll be a lot harder by the end of the event
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smudge wrote:
    The game is hard enough as it is. Stahp it.

Hard, really?? (not speaking to you directly smudge, forum in general) Boss modes excluded. Regular pve\PvP matches people are saying mpq is a hard game? LOL!!

Everyone be honest...of all the PvP\pve matches you play how many times do you wipe? 10%? 5%? 2%?

Venom Bomb I wiped once...so less than 1%. Caveat didn't grind that carnage node to 1 so let's say I woulda wiped a second time if I did so, 2 wipes.

KK PvP, I climbed from 350 to 1075 wiping once against an im40\champed Peggy (hate peggy!). Had to fight many champed 5* teams didn't wipe once. Then two match hop and a single match at the end. That PvP event I wiped once. So again less than 1%.

So winning over 98% of matches doesn't make mpq hard! I'll give ya the crazy health pools make the game unfun and teadious....but hard? Nah.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Scaling is individual, Aces, and not everybody has your roster. So to imply somebody is whining unjustly or being a crybaby is really not fair. Not everybody has OML or a champed Rhulk or a champed Iceman. They may not even have whoever you are using much less have them well covered and leveled. Plus, wiping isn't the the only metric on whether something is hard. You scrape through a 3rd clear of the final node but you are out of health packs and two out of three of your A-Team is dead, the third has less than a thousand health left and you have to wait 36minsx3 for packs to regenerate to try at the 4th clear to get your cp, see if can bag it if you use the last of your boosts for one final shot at it. Does that sound like winning? Sounds pretty damn overly hard to me. I've been there several times. The only reason I'm plowing through this like a white hot knife through soft butter is my champed 4clops. How many players have a champed 4clops? You can't judge everything like everybody has been playing this game for 3 years.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    snlf25 wrote:
    Scaling is individual, Aces, and not everybody has your roster. So to imply somebody is whining unjustly or being a crybaby is really not fair. Not everybody has OML or a champed Rhulk or a champed Iceman. They may not even have whoever you are using much less have them well covered and leveled. Plus, wiping isn't the the only metric on whether something is hard. You scrape through a 3rd clear of the final node but you are out of health packs and two out of three of your A-Team is dead, the third has less than a thousand health left and you have to wait 36minsx3 for packs to regenerate to try at the 4th clear to get your cp, see if can bag it if you use the last of your boosts for one final shot at it. Does that sound like winning? Sounds pretty damn overly hard to me. I've been there several times. The only reason I'm plowing through this like a white hot knife through soft butter is my champed 4clops. How many players have a champed 4clops? You can't judge everything like everybody has been playing this game for 3 years.
    Yep. I'm not saying the game is hard because I lose an inordinate number of matches. I don't know that I even wipe 2% of the time honestly. Slogging through 15-20k x3 hit point pools with a mostly 3* roster is doable without losing most of the time.

The fact that it takes 2 hours to do my initial 4 clears of PvE (used to be 1-1.5 hours until they "fixed" the trivial nodes icon_mad.gif )and that I come out the other side with just a health pack, maybe none, means that I count it as difficult. When even 1-2* opponents (DAs) are doing 400+ match damage on the harder nodes, it's not necessarily "easy" my my definition of the word. Even the "trivial" nodes end up with 5-8k health pools by the time they scale up.

I can't play both PvE and PvP hard because of time limitations, but if I could, I still wouldn't have the roster to handle it with health pack considerations if I want to do well at both. I have 6 champed 4*s now, and most of them are mid-tier (Fury, Star-Lord, Ant-Man, and XFW mid, IMHB and Thor mid-high tier). If they're not boosted, they're still helpful, but it means more liberal use of health packs because my PvE opponents are considerably more powerful, and heaven forbid the AI get a decent cascade in a PvP match. I'm lucky to make it through single matches without needing a health pack for someone if my 4*s aren't boosted sometimes.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    How you finding Avengers Tower Bbigler,
    Still easy ?