Have you ever quit and come back?

2»

Comments

• rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Last year, I ended up in the hospital for 2 months, and for the most part I didn't play at all then. Worst part was it was when Hulkbuster was released. Other than that though, I've never actually quit the game. I've been tempted, but alliance loyalty more than anything kept/keeps me playing.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I have tried quitting several times but right when I'm on the brink, it seems that I gain a ton of covers that put me right back in the mix again. I did stop competitive play in pvp during the summer since my job is busiest during that time.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Started playing not long after launch but quit about 9 months later for reasons I can't actually remember, I think I was just bored of the grind (which fundamentally hasn't changed tbh). Came back with the first anniversary which, as everyone who experienced it can attest to, was easily the most fun the game has ever been. Dem Lightning Rounds *wistful sigh*

I've had many moments since where I've only played DDQ for extended periods, mostly because I'm a pretty casual player who has been stuck in the 4* transition for longer than seems at all reasonable. It's only with the advent of SCLs that I've actually started playing like I did in the early days again. But even now I only get up to the 4* progression in PVE and 10CP in PVP and then call it quits in an event.

Max progression and decent placement is still too much like hard work.