Vault of Horrors

Dekliko1978
Dekliko1978 Posts: 93
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
The Vault of Horrors has just been added to the game, but it seems to be lacking a Reset Vault option. This would imply that it's a 1 time deal. I'm now wondering if it would make sense to buy tokens. I might want to because the contents are nice, but I haven't been able to find how many tokens can be earned before the Vault disappears. Or is it possible to redeem the excess tokens even after you bought the complete vault?

Not sure if everyones Vault is the same but for me it totals:

Red 4* Blade
Black 4* Ghost Rider
6 x 3*
3 x Heroic Token
5 x Elite Token
18500 ISO
15 x 2*

Comments

• The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    41 token vault designed to cost 4 10-packs plus you get a single freebie.

3800 Hero Points for a couple 4* (one new, both in PvP events) plus a pile of resources.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you do like I did once and buy a 40-pack, then buy a single token, and then receive a free token. No worries, the extra token doesn't disappear. It will be gone during the course of the event, but then it will show up afterward as a stockpiled token.
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Picked up blade red first attempt. Happy days icon_e_smile.gif
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bought the lot as most was extremely useful. I'm comfortable with that sort of price for everything.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Bought the 40 pack too....
    I missed that red Blade for 43points during The Hunt icon_mad.gif
    Other than the covers displayed, I got from elite tokens three 3 star.png and a purple spiderwoman so it has been a not so bad deal icon_lol.gif
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I impulse bought the cap 75th vault as it was like this but it had all covers I wanted or could use. This one doesn't have anything I covet. Maybe my imagination but it seems like it has less covers as well.
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I had a lot of HP left over from the consolation prize they gave at NYCC if you didn't win the raffle. This was a good investment for it.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    deadtaco wrote:
    I impulse bought the cap 75th vault as it was like this but it had all covers I wanted or could use. This one doesn't have anything I covet. Maybe my imagination but it seems like it has less covers as well.

It did. The Cap vault was 21 items.

1x Peggy
    3x 3★ Cap
    6x 2★ Cap
    1x 2500 ISO
    1x 1000 ISO
    1x 500 ISO
    8x 2★ random

So, fewer chances the RNG would mess with you if you were determined to get the new 4* on the block.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    These vaults are usually among the best deals if you have a token buying impulse and HP to burn. Also why they're almost always a 1-time deal. Can't have too much excess value floating around.

In the olden days, a 4* cover cost 2500hp, so getting 2 for 3750 (or maybe less if you wanna test your luck 10 at a time) is a good deal. The 15 2*, 6 3* covers, 8 tokens, and 18.5k iso is gravy.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got 1000 ISO with the free token. Don't plan on doing anything else. Meh
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    These vaults are usually among the best deals if you have a token buying impulse and HP to burn. Also why they're almost always a 1-time deal. Can't have too much excess value floating around.

In the olden days, a 4* cover cost 2500hp, so getting 2 for 3750 (or maybe less if you wanna test your luck 10 at a time) is a good deal. The 15 2*, 6 3* covers, 8 tokens, and 18.5k iso is gravy.

Yes, but they also didn't reward 4 stars as progression awards in PvE or for 900 in PvP. 4 stars are not that hard to get now. I wouldn't spend more than 500 HP per 4 star at this point in time. I am also saving HP for next special event they have when they normally have special vaults. They aren't always good, but sometimes they are. I am guessing the Dr. Strange event will have a good vault, plus a chance to get the new 3 star Dr. Strange.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got the icon_blade.pngredflag.png with my free token, so thanks D3!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a 3* Blade with my free token.

So that means for 3750 HP I can get...

4* Blade
    4* Ghost Rider
    2 3* Blade covers
    3 Hood covers
    3 Heroic tokens
    5 Elite tokens
    18,500 ISO
    15 random 2*s

Yeah, no thanks. A couple of more 4*s or even a Legendary and I would have thought about it.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a decent amount of HP - about 15k. I was thinking of buying a 10-pack for Blade's PVP, which has about a 50/50 chance for 1 4* Blade. It occurred to me for the same price I had a guaranteed red, another 4* (Ghost Rider in this case, whom I have champed,) 6 3* covers (Blade and the Hood for me - same for everyone else?) and a bunch of other stuff.

I went for it. I definitely don't regret it - it's pretty cheap for what you get, which is a ton of resources. I had decent pulls out of the tokens too.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    My Ghost Rider has 8 covers; 5 of them are black. RNG icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Ghost Rider is 4/3/5. Gimme a red or a green and that black cover would be a champion level and I might be induced to chase it.

My free token was 1000 ISO, though. I won't complain; free ISO is always good. I won't be buying tokens, though.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    spent free token and another 20 draws, 4* Blade cover is still up there, taunting me. RnG, you win again
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Vault treated me pretty kindly- I bought one of the surprisingly reasonably priced 10-packs, and in conjunction with the free token I picked up the red 4* Blade cover (my first one), 3000 ISO-8, one 3* Blade, one 3* Hood, a heroic token, an elite token, and a few 2* covers. I consider that 950 HP well spent.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I am so excited.... my free token pulled me..........

2* black widow

Detect sarcasm at will
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Generally speaking, most high level players increase resources like hp/cp/iso though applying champ levels. Initially the amount you get from a newly champed hero is pretty small compared to when they are on the top 1/2 of the champ ladder. We've had champions for a long time now and alot of rosters are on the 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through the 3* and 4* ladders. For those really deep rosters i.e. all 3*, and 90% of the 4* champed, these vaults yield way more value vs what you put in.

Even for the 3* chars, the last 10 covers are basically alternating between (4*cover,CP,LT,hP)/ 1000+iso every other cover.

So these vault buys are the surest way to get multiple copies of a 3* cover outside of finishing top 10 in an event.

Put another way. 6 of the same 3* covers is like finishing in the top 10 of SCL7 pvp two times in a row.