What did you give the latest survey?

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I gave it a 1 for the current state of play.

I put a low recommendation because they expect too many hours of play for too little reward.

Adjust either of those things and I may recommend it.

Adjust BOTH of those things, and I will advertise it in my game store. Even running IRL placement contests.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    I'm going to paste the same reply the last time this question was posted.

Again, the question stated "Do we recommend the game" not "do we like the game".

I gave it a zero for the following reason. This game is meant for me, i can't recommend this game to anyone at the state this is at. I started this game 2 years ago with about 50 some characters available. We have surpassed 100 now and no end in sight. Someone coming in, will have to do harder work, and spend so much money that they will give up when they find out how difficult it will get later on. most veterans took time and to build the roster when it was doable. DDQ was introduced to make it easier to make the transition easier to complete the 3* and start working on the 4*.

I've spent so much money on this, that now i am wondering why i did it in the first place. Just to keep up with the big boys, impress my friends, make me stare at my roster for 10 minutes knowing i don't have the iso to move not one cover. Its way harder for PVE. I cant play at one sitting (life, kids, 2 jobs etc....) 8hr interval was very manageable for me. The scaling is out of control. my roster cant hardly keep up with the scaling. Here i thought the ultron scaling was ridiculous. I wonder what the Gauntlet is going to bring.

they have attempted to fix some areas of this game, but what they intend to fix, breaks something else. Cycle goes around and around.

No new person will have that kind of patience. I've kept up with this system for this long (day 866), but i think the time is coming where i will hang up my hat soon and say fair winds and following seas.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still giving a 2
    Reasons: the developers are too stingy with rewards, don't listen to player feedback, and custom support is among the worst in the business
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I gave it a 9. Been playing 900 days, and my interest has never faltered. Despite what most people on the forum seem to think, I think the developers have done a great job with improving this game as of late. If we all have our rosters completely maxed, this game would become real boring, real quick. I enjoy climbing the mountain, and hope to for years to come yet.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I gave it a 9. Been playing 900 days, and my interest has never faltered. Despite what most people on the forum seem to think, I think the developers have done a great job with improving this game as of late. If we all have our rosters completely maxed, this game would become real boring, real quick. I enjoy climbing the mountain, and hope to for years to come yet.

You enjoy it, but that's not the question, the question was, "how likely are you to RECOMMEND to a friend?"

And no one's asking for maxed rosters, we want a clear progression path, specifically into the 100% rng 5☆ tier
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker

The core game is one of the most compelling and fun things I've ever gotten my hands on.

It has a fair few gremlins gnawing away on that solid foundation though X_X
  • JohnnyBlood
    fmftint wrote:

You enjoy it, but that's not the question, the question was, "how likely are you to RECOMMEND to a friend?"

And no one's asking for maxed rosters, we want a clear progression path, specifically into the 100% rng 5☆ tier

I've already recommended it to all of my Marvel-enjoying friends. If I meet anyone new and find out they like Marvel, I will recommend this game. If I enjoy it, of course I'd think other people would enjoy it. I'm not that crazy with the things I like...

And 100% rng 5 star.png tier? That'll never happen. I, personally, would very much dislike that. I think 5 star.png s are prevalent enough as is. Then again, I only have 11 champed 4 star.png s, so chasing the 5 star.png s is not my main agenda. Currently, I just take them as they come. However, if all I had left to chase after was 5 star.png s, maybe I'd be singing a different tune...
  • JohnnyBlood
    To the people that put "0", please indulge me: Do you still play? Why do you still play if you're so unhappy?
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Zero, you may have asked me at a bad time.

I just drew Kate's Purple while mine is already 2/1/5. I keep playing hoping that quality improvements will be made to the game.
    While I am thankful for the Clearance levels, what good does it do me when I keep drawing 4*'s that I already have 5 covers of.

I voted zero because I want a wake-up call to the Devs that their player-base may be unhappy with the direction of the game.

It's a lovely game concept at its core, but all I can do is echo the bad of what has been repeated so many times on this forum.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    980 days in and I just don't know, so I gave a 5. The game has changed so much in 3 years that I have no idea what it would feel like for someone at day 1. Surely it wouldn't take another 980 days for someone to achieve a similar roster? I like the game from the point I'm at, but I'm also not in dire need of anything besides 5's beyond oml/ph/ss. I guess you could say I'm past the hard part. I suppose a large part of the enjoyment comes from the Line community as well, something to consider when recommending mpq.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    until colourless covers are introduced, i would not recommend this game to anyone.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the same reason as others, 0 i can't recommend a game where someone has to progress so slowly.

Even slower then i already am, and I'm already behind.

What's funny is that it wouldn't matter how far others were if the largest majority of this game wasn't competitive.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't plan on answering this survey.

They've chosen to ignore the feedback the user base has been (quite loudly) giving them for the last two weeks. Why would I waste my time giving them any additional?

Also of the last three players I recommended MPQ to, one already quit and the other has a love/hate affair with it, so...par for the course, I guess?
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I gave it a 5 because any new player coming in is going to be 3 years behind now and progression is so slow that there is no way to "catch up". In such a social game with such rich strategy to it I just feel like they will feel bad about how little they can really do.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted 5. I think I did last time, too. Can't recall.

Anyway, I've recommended this game to a couple people. The game itself is really, really fun. I've never been shy about stating proudly that I actually love playing the game. However I wouldn't give it a full-throated recommendation. In fact, in the last year and change I've always couched my recommendations thus:

It's really fun at the start, then you hit a very specific point (the 3* transition) and it slows down considerably. You have to play a hell of a lot to get anywhere past there, and the very top end is a horrible, frustrating mess. Play it, have fun, but don't get sucked into it.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668

I cannot............
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted lower than I normally do on these types of surveys, and specifically pointed out that it was because of the lack of communication from/with the devs.

Though honestly, I'm more interested in what people answered for the last question, and what exactly we'll get out of it.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I put a 6.
    Reasons:
    1. I already have recommended the game to someone and don't regret that.
    2. The game is fun and if I know someone who would play with me and make it more fun, I would recommend it to them.
    3. With that being said my opinion of the game has dipped recently with Boss Rush and SCL 8 being pretty big disappointments. I'm less likely to recommend it right now due to those factors.

I specifically listed lack of communication and the repeating of old mistakes (Anniversary 2 Boss > Anniversary 3 Boss) to be reason I put 6.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    I voted 5. I think I did last time, too. Can't recall.

Anyway, I've recommended this game to a couple people. The game itself is really, really fun. I've never been shy about stating proudly that I actually love playing the game. However I wouldn't give it a full-throated recommendation. In fact, in the last year and change I've always couched my recommendations thus:

It's really fun at the start, then you hit a very specific point (the 3* transition) and it slows down considerably. You have to play a hell of a lot to get anywhere past there, and the very top end is a horrible, frustrating mess. Play it, have fun, but don't get sucked into it.

I agree with you, but this time around I voted 6, because SCL might help a lot in this particular point that you mention. If new users use SCL now they are going to receive many more useful covers for their current level than before. starting players used to be flooded with A LOT of covers for 3s and 4s too early, that forced them to spend a lot of money or sell characters much more useful at their current level. But as I say, I think this might have improved, so this is why now I am a bit more inclined to recommend the game.

In general they game has improved in the 1->4 transition quite a bit, I hate that Devs still do very silly things like the Boss Rush fiasco, and we still don't have a viable 4-5 transition, but the game is in much better form than it used to be. Communication also needs to be improved.
  • 0 due to the lack of response or acknowledgement from the devs. Boss rush being a prime example of 'We dont care about your complaints, we just want your money' kind of attitude.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I gave it a 7. I still enjoy the game overall but it is hard for someone to join at this point. Other’s I’ve recommended the game to in the past year, all quit in the 2-3 * transition because it just seems overwhelming.

But then again there are players in my alliance who are the same level and going strong with it. All depends on the people you play with sometimes. That’s what keeps me coming back when I get burnt out.

And I voted for werewolves, because this guy rules:

11278-2584-12500-1-werewolf-by-night.jpg