A new low

13»

Comments

• kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Omega Red wrote:
    It's not THAT hard but it's certainly infuriating. It's a "tinykitty you buy some health packs" money grab kind of node.

Also, no idea of what you guys are talking about IM 40. Muscles cover all yellow tiles, he's useless unless you get a good board.

That's one reason why people are recommending a combo with Peggy. If you have that many Threatens already, well, good luck.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    kobu wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:
    It's not THAT hard but it's certainly infuriating. It's a "tinykitty you buy some health packs" money grab kind of node.

Also, no idea of what you guys are talking about IM 40. Muscles cover all yellow tiles, he's useless unless you get a good board.

That's one reason why people are recommending a combo with Peggy. If you have that many Threatens already, well, good luck.

Good point. I forgot Peggy's yellow.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omega Red wrote:

Definitely infuriating yeah. I played it once last night and went 'eh, I'll wait til tomorrow when my health packs are refreshed to play for the Command Point.'

Just now did that, used Squirrel Girl and IM40 with Blade. I mean, you still eat lots of damage, but Squirrel Girl's purple gets stronger with enemy special tiles on the board, and her green is decently punchy, too.

IM40 feeds her both pink and green but also powers up his own red and blue, if you can get two quick yellow matches and throw recharge out there before the muscles take all the yellows.

Once that happens, you're in good shape to take out the muscles and leave only Carnage's spammy self to deal with.

I ate a bunch of damage, but I didn't lose anybody. Stupid node, stupid character, I wish Carnage would die in a fire, but it wasn't an impossible node either. Just, as you pointed out, infuriating.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    This sub event sucks in general. Most of the nodes consisted of freaking Carnage.. it sucks versus in him with a limited roster. The 3* recruit was Colosuss.. seriously.. what is he gonna do except sit there taking damage?

Carnage is the 4* version of Sentry. He sucks to fight against and he sucks to fight with because he is specifically designed to defecate all over both teams and to make you use health packs. Yes there are counter measures but you still aren't going to have a good time.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I hit that node 3 times and gave up trying in the end as it was clearly a waste of time and effort I also found the second to last node was harder than the final fight against venom and carnage and another

They should revise the carnage power to only creating one tile each time that a countdown tile is placed

Thankfully it's over for another month or so, always hate the events that only let you use certain characters

Iceman and scarlet witch would easily defeat carnage but of course we aren't allowed to use them
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    The only saving grace is that there is a sweet sweet mystery boost as the 6th reward or it might not be worth it.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know about "a new low," but this node definitely sucked ****. I cleared it with IM40 + Peggy, but I boosted 2 yellow every time. Still wiped a couple times, and barely squeaked through a few more times. Like a lot of the "hard" nodes in this game, it's often all-or-nothing: You either win handily or get wiped. This node pretty much can be summed up in one phrase: If a Threaten CD resolves, retreat. :/
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    They don't care, so stop banging your heads against the wall, trying to communicate with them.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Maggia goons were sort of nerfed. The strength of their powers didn't get reduced; the cost of them did, as did the number of free AP they generate each turn. This was done to reduce their value as blue/yellow feeders to the likes of the Hood and Magneto in .. Thick of Thieves, I think.

However, it had the counter-effect of making them all the more dangerous when they are paired with board movers who have no use for the yellow or blue, like Yelena, because their abilities are now so cheap that one cascade can fuel them spawning CD tiles turn after turn after turn.

They've never bothered to figure out any real solution for the "goon free AP" + "board mover" problem, and here we are in EOTS where "overscaled 2* Wolvie + red feeders" run amok.

They clearly don't view it as a problem in principle. Only in specific cases (yellow to Hood, blue to Magneto, red/green to Carnage). Else they'd make some kind of real fix.

Gotta make the hamsters keep running on the wheel, after all...
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Goon feeders are one of the biggest problems in this game. A number of people have voiced this repeatedly over the years, so it's not a new problem or one that hasn't gone unnoticed.

It has been this way for far too long, and it does not appear the devs are taking this into consideration, since there are numerous events and numerous nodes where goon feeders create this unfair situation.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    one solution might be to create two versions of the goons:

- a Standard version of the goon that is considered to be a weaker version. the Standard version does not generate AP.
    - an Elite version (or lazy/gold version) of the goon, who CAN create AP.

code in the Standard version when they appear with two board movers. with one board mover, code in one Standard goon and one Elite goon. in goon-only nodes, code in at least two Elites (this number could vary depending on the intended difficulty of the node).

other variations to this might include making the Elite goon more powerful in different ways: their abilities could be cheaper, or allowing them to generate more AP. or even having a Legendary version of the goon who has these more powerful abilities. these variations could allow for more complexity and create more of a puzzle-game while maintaining fairness.