Free the ISO D3!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will say that tue positive feedback loops created by having lots of champs really does start to add up. The starting costs are very high. But now that i have 13 4* champs, 40 3* champs, and 6 2*champs (plus more as i build out the farm), the benefit of getting extra elite and event tokens really noticeable.

More covers means more champ levels, which means more iso/covers/cp/hp. Plus more XP/rank/iso. All of which lets me get more tokens to open.

Building a deep stable of champs is a long, slow path to ultimate mpq victory.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I will say that tue positive feedback loops created by having lots of champs really does start to add up. The starting costs are very high. But now that i have 13 4* champs, 40 3* champs, and 6 2*champs (plus more as i build out the farm), the benefit of getting extra elite and event tokens really noticeable.

More covers means more champ levels, which means more iso/covers/cp/hp. Plus more XP/rank/iso. All of which lets me get more tokens to open.

Building a deep stable of champs is a long, slow path to ultimate mpq victory.

Champing all my 2*s and 3*s didn't take that long. It's the 4*s that will get you, taking around 2+ weeks generally, so only 2 per month; 24 per year.

But yeah at this point, I have 26 four-stars champed, with more coming soon. 5*s take a lot of ISO to level up, but when you get a new champed 5*, that is.. supposed to help you... get further in the game? My highest is lv 420, but I suppose some day I'll get more covers that I need--
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm at rank 49 and have 630k iOS saved up, I have 2, soon to be 3 4* chars at 188, and I'm capping them there until I have at least 4x 4* fully covered and ready to champ. All my other 4* are fully topped up but I still have 8 or 9 top tier lvl 40 3* in my roster waiting to be fully covered and chomped. So that 620k isn't going to last long I don't think. It'll all get waxed in one day and I'll be back to sq1
  • Uber303
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I did the math, and I think you gain around 5000 additional iso per event when you increase from scl 7 to scl 8, so that's not bad. Maybe even more if you account for sub rewards for individual and alliance. It could be as much as an extra 10,000 iso every 3, 4 or 7 days. Every bit counts! And there are SLs as well, for an additional 30,000+ iso every few weeks!

I'm hopeful that this will shave my 4* champing period down from once every 3 weeks to around once every 2.5 weeks. We'll see.

Would you kindly point me to said math?

It's hard to do it until right before an event, when I can shift back and forth between lv 7 and lv 8. Unless someone has them posted somewhere?

Basically I added up the differences in ISO between progression rewards, placement rewards, alliance rewards for the event plus all subs. It all adds up.

I had it all in front of me at one time. Maybe I can do it again Thursday next week, before the Dr. Strange event (if that one has SCL).
    The biggest increase is from placement in each sub and specificly being top 10-20. Being top 100 had a minimal increase. The progression ISO was about 1000 ISO total.
    For placement there is a bigger addition of HP that is more easily won than in CL7. Also if you look at how long the event is you are better off looking at ISO earned per sub event. They really need to take the ISO and more it from placement to nodes in CL. That will reward players for playing in thier correct CL and have them able to earn ISO.

I will also conceded the 30K from XP you can get from leveling up is a very nice bump. The issue that I have with this is I feel like I am cheating the system by farming 2* to do it. I am not always improving my roster or gaining real experience. I farm 2* for the CP and HP so I would do it regardless but I feel the 2* farm is the fastest way to gain XP and level up your shield rank and that does not feel like the correct purpose of the 2* tier

You're complaining about a mechanism that helps you lvl up faster? Xxx
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I farm 2* for the CP and HP so I would do it regardless but I feel the 2* farm is the fastest way to gain XP and level up your shield rank and that does not feel like the correct purpose of the 2* tier

I don't think this is necessarily gaming the system. They changed the sell price of fully champed characters for a reason. The price jumps from level 143 to 144, so they are encouraging you to farm 2 stars.

Personally I finally reached the point where I am not championing a 4 star as soon as its covered, and would love an iso boost. Maybe the iso increases haven't matched the other increases that the clearance levels brought, but reliably being able to champ a 4 star before a cover expires is about where I am at, and that seems fair enough for me

P.S. I think the iso rewards for champ levels could be increased. Make it always more valuable than just selling the cover
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I disagree with the OP here.

We've had a TON of SIGNIFICANT ISO buffs to the game of late.
    - 2000 ISO a day for being in an alliance
    - PvE placement rewards over 5000 for casual levels of play in SCL8
    - Shield Rank ISO gains are huge and happen pretty regularly
    - Champion cover ISO rewards gradually increase over time
    - PvE sub and alliance sub rewards are significant ISO gains

Remember when DDQ felt like a huge daily ISO boost?

With all of the above changes it really doesn't feel like a big deal anymore. All of the above changes happened within the last 6 months give or take as well. You ask D3 to free the ISO when that's exactly what they've been doing.

Do all of the above changes mean that everyone can easily champion all 120+ characters on their roster while staying ahead of all new releases? No.

Only the truly hardcore daily grinders will be able to get ahead. But it's also clear that you don't NEED to level everyone right away. These changes do a lot to reduce the discouraging grind of leveling a new character and as your roster expands the flow of incoming ISO does too...so the above changes do a good job at getting more ISO to people who are leveling 4*s or 5*'s when they reach that stage.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babinro wrote:
    But it's also clear that you don't NEED to level everyone right away.

I agree with this. I have already champed over 25 four-stars. I don't feel like I need to champ mr. f or falcap any time soon, although they are actually current the next two ones that I will do (after I re-champ 2*s cap marv and ht).

Going from 25 champed four-stars to 30 champed four-stars won't make a significant difference, but it's more just something nice to do while I wait for more oml yellowflag.png s, ss redflag.png s and ph greenflag.png s, as well as you know 5-10 five star covers of other characters...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babinro wrote:

With all of the above changes it really doesn't feel like a big deal anymore. All of the above changes happened within the last 6 months give or take as well. You ask D3 to free the ISO when that's exactly what they've been doing.

Do all of the above changes mean that everyone can easily champion all 120+ characters on their roster while staying ahead of all new releases? No.

Only the truly hardcore daily grinders will be able to get ahead. But it's also clear that you don't NEED to level everyone right away. These changes do a lot to reduce the discouraging grind of leveling a new character and as your roster expands the flow of incoming ISO does too...so the above changes do a good job at getting more ISO to people who are leveling 4*s or 5*'s when they reach that stage.
    I really respect your opinion in what you brought up. I have 1 counterpoint and maybe a calmer clarification about FREE THE ISO.
    First the one area I disagree with you is the ISO for champion covers. The cost to champion any character negates out any ISO earned from champion levels. Champion levels repay most of the ISO and give HP, CP, tokens, and covers. It is more of a pay now receive more in different ways later.? Champion characters is actually negative to neutral ISO at each level.

For the clarification about Free the ISO I truly believe that the ISO rewarded should be in the nodes played based on CL rather than being tied to placemet. Right now in order to gain the extra ISO you place well. The difference between top 20 in CL 7 and CL8 is 1000 ISO. In progression CL 8 is a little over 1k more ISO. If you fall out of top 50 the ISO reward was the same as CL7. If you take the 5k ISO you feel we get that is 1.3% of a 4* ISO not including champion levels. If you look back on anniversary week and think about the double ISO we received it gave a lot more ISO because we earned on the individual nodes not just placement.
    I hope this clarifies my point and when I have looked at CL 8 I don't see 5000+ ISO for casual players. When the next event shows up I will look again, but when I looked at the rewards it did not look like 5K per event for a casual player. I also consider a casual player top 150 PVE player.

Any calculations would be appreciated.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    babinro wrote:

I really respect your opinion in what you brought up. I have 1 counterpoint and maybe a calmer clarification about FREE THE ISO.
    First the one area I disagree with you is the ISO for champion covers. The cost to champion any character negates out any ISO earned from champion levels. Champion levels repay most of the ISO and give HP, CP, tokens, and covers. It is more of a pay now receive more in different ways later.? Champion characters is actually negative to neutral ISO at each level.

For the clarification about Free the ISO I truly believe that the ISO rewarded should be in the nodes played based on CL rather than being tied to placemet. Right now in order to gain the extra ISO you place well. The difference between top 20 in CL 7 and CL8 is 1000 ISO. In progression CL 8 is a little over 1k more ISO. If you fall out of top 50 the ISO reward was the same as CL7. If you take the 5k ISO you feel we get that is 1.3% of a 4* ISO not including champion levels. If you look back on anniversary week and think about the double ISO we received it gave a lot more ISO because we earned on the individual nodes not just placement.
    I hope this clarifies my point and when I have looked at CL 8 I don't see 5000+ ISO for casual players. When the next event shows up I will look again, but when I looked at the rewards it did not look like 5K per event for a casual player. I also consider a casual player top 150 PVE player.

Admittedly I'll have to see what SCL8 looks like in a single day sub to have a better idea but as is the placement for those in top 200 is still over 5000 ISO on the event...it's pretty sweet!

I do agree with you though as I'd love to see bonus ISO on individual node clears and in progression since those things are available to everyone. That double ISO anniversary week was fantastic and I'd gladly see placement rewards take a major hit if it meant we all benefited for just grinding through the event.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babinro wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    babinro wrote:

Admittedly I'll have to see what SCL8 looks like in a single day sub to have a better idea but as is the placement for those in top 200 is still over 5000 ISO on the event...it's pretty sweet!

I do agree with you though as I'd love to see bonus ISO on individual node clears and in progression since those things are available to everyone. That double ISO anniversary week was fantastic and I'd gladly see placement rewards take a major hit if it meant we all benefited for just grinding through the event.
    One thing and I will double check next event is that SCL7 gave 5k ISO for top 200. The big bump in top 200 was more HP in SCL8. I would rather see more ISO in the higher CL as a ISO shortage is much more of an issue in higher CL then HP. I actually feel there is a ton of HP in the game and not much value to use it except for the special 40 card vaults (shields and roster slots not withstanding).
  • Uber303
    Options
    There's a shortage of any resource depending on where you are in the game, and how you play. I'm still rostering 3* and my 2* farm has soaked up a lot of my hp, so for where I am there's a hp drought and Is making things a little awkward if I don't have all the essentials I need, which is only a temporary problem as 9/10 I have everything I need in my recruit list, but it can still be a set back if I want to rank well.

So the point is, not everyone is in the same situation regardless of their clearance level and the devs have to find a balance to please everyone.

The devs have injected a massive amount of iso Into the game over the last 6 months and tbh I'm quite happy with the iso situation atm. But for someone (like me) still building a roster, the hp shortage is a bigger problem. I don't want to have to delete chars but I do, and that's simply because I don't have the resources to keep them.
  • MiguelD
    MiguelD Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Fellas, you guys are not getting it, you have to ask yourselves, where is the money they get to make by giving us more ISO....and the answer is, they're isn't any. Not with so many spending a small fortune daily on this game. Adding SCLs is an illusion, a sleight of hand, per say, of course they know the game would be great if they did all that, bit that's just it, there's no money in it. They want you to lose you're patience and spend that money...there are people that have played this game for years, which is astonishing...your posts will fall on deaf ears.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The first time I champed a 4* I realized what all the ISO fuss was about. The second time I was not really looking forward to collecting all that ISO again. The third time was psychologically worse than the 2nd, and so on and so on... you kind of hope the game gets more fun as you progress (vs. being more work).

It's not all doom and gloom, the 4* stars are really fun to play... a lot more fun than looking at them fully covered but under leveled in my roster.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Uber303 wrote:
    The devs have injected a massive amount of iso Into the game over the last 6 months and tbh I'm quite happy with the iso situation atm. But for someone (like me) still building a roster, the hp shortage is a bigger problem. I don't want to have to delete chars but I do, and that's simply because I don't have the resources to keep them.

This is a bigger problem than most people realize. I'm a day 880 vet and when I joined, I only had a backlog of 2* and 15 3* to catch up on.

A new player today would need to roster over 110+ chars before you even discuss what rate of resources keeps you even with the the pace of new char intros.

The 3* tier alone has over 500+ unique covers!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's only a iso shortage if you're trying to max every character. On my roster I have 13 champ 4☆s, 18 full covered 4☆s, all 3☆s championed, and all 2☆s farming. When I look at my stock pile of 1.5m iso I ask myself, will leveling X beyond what is required to beat DDQ crash provide any additional benefit? Usually the answer is no. Don't let an extra cover or two dictate your iso expenditures
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally I'm actually feeling like the balance is ok now.

Do we have either equal to or greater than the iso requirement? No.

I don't think it should meet our needs it should fall just below it.