Do People Enjoy Heroic Events

2»

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do enjoy them, but only every once so often. Not every third or fourth PvE. I do like them because they reward players who have a diversified roster vs. a only a few top heavy characters in a tier and you normally see less players in them so placement is generally easier.

I don't think they are bad, the devs just have them appear far too often. This game needs NEW PvE content. New stories, challenges, new goons/villains, etc. That way they don't have to recycle events so often and wouldn't have to do heroics as often.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    I enjoy them for the most part as they add some variety and a new set of challenges
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    give me some tools to work with and yes. give me a thumbtack and scissors and I'm not gonna build a house with it. most heroics are simply endured or skipped. this one has been fun. thank you im40, xpool and 4pun.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I hate the restricted roster. However I am trying to be positive so here goes...
    I love that it is restricted roster because now it doesn't affect my pvp as much. Since the rosters used for pve is not the same roster I use for pvp.
    Yah, more iso in pvp for me!
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    I usually hate them, but IM40/Peggy with either 4Pun or Xpool has been really a lot of fun.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just T1'd Venom, so yes, with boosted champed Peggy / Punisher / IM40 I like them.

That's only thanks to an awesome weekly boosted list, though.

I don't want to imagine playing this with a 5 cover Blade, Craptain, Baglady and Baglord.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I just T1'd Venom, so yes, with boosted champed Peggy / Punisher / IM40 I like them.

That's only thanks to an awesome weekly boosted list, though.

I don't want to imagine playing this with a 5 cover Blade, Craptain, Baglady and Baglord.
    To be honest starlord wouldn't be too bad with baglady. None of their colors overlap. Starlord would have so many yellow cds out. Then just use red to kill them all at 7ap? Craptain would be pretty much useless though and would actually make starlord weaker. Haha if they boosted bagman and starlord, it would be a pretty good combo too.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    loved using pumped

iron man
    daredevil and torch

torch ate people alive
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like them better than 7 day events with Kishu fights.
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    No.

But I'm pretty jaded from all the events really, where you are constantly just fighting Bullseye, Daken, Ares over and over again. I am so sick of the Adamantium Bones, Pheromone Rage and Chemical Reaction animations. I swear those animations alone take up half of the play time.
    I think I need to quit but can't bring myself to do it...
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Nope. Not me.
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    firethorne wrote:
    I like them better than 7 day events with Kishu fights.

Kishu fights don't phase me anymore. Quake takes care of that problem.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think there are special wards for people who like Heroics.

Day three (of Venom: Heroic) reminds me of the worst part of Heroics: Carnage plus Muscle minus counter (or any time really effective counters are absent). I suppose Squirrel Girl could be considered a kind of counter, but you're better off with stuns and cleanse abilities than the damage boosted by enemy tile spam. When your roster is already limited, the attrition and cheap AOE of dealing with Carnage is just cruel. If it weren't for the sustain offered by XF Wolverine and Deadpool, things would have been even worse.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    I love grinding a Carnage/Muscle/Muscle essential node six times with only a limited roster. (note the sarcasm there)

The only saving grace is that there is a sweet sweet mystery boost as a reward for the 6th reward or it might not be worth it.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Another voice to add to the 'depends on the roster' chorus. I also note that I prefer Heroic which don't make the newest character the required character because who wants a 1 or 2 cover 4* being the required character? No one, that's who
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    What I'm hearing most is that it depends on the characters, but even if the characters are good does that make it better than a regular event with it's buffed characters and full choices otherwise?
    If not, I guess I don't see the reason in having Heroics only some will enjoy instead of a regular PvE or maybe even some other new format?