Do People Enjoy Heroic Events

Leugenesmiff
Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just wondering if anyone enjoys Heroic PVEs? I'd much rather play events with my full roster as an option, but I'm guessing there are those who really like them or else it wouldn't make much sense that they keep coming back.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just wondering if anyone enjoys Heroic PVEs? I'd much rather play events with my full roster as an option, but I'm guessing there are those who really like them or else it wouldn't make much sense that they keep coming back.

I'd much rather play with my full roster too, but scaling limits me to 3 5*s and whatever boosted 4*s happen to be champed.

Heroics are nice if the roster available is good. My scaling is 100 levels lower than it normally is, even though I have 3 champed 4*s available. Also the roster is decent so it's been ok.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think everyone's answer will hover around the same concept: 'depends on the roster'. I used to hate them. Now that my pool of champed characters is more diverse I don't mind them.
  • Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    As said in previous similar topic,it all depends on who is boosted that week.having all four 4 stars champed this week made it a breeze to reach final progression reward.it would not have been the same with the batch coming up.war machine is decent,iw not so much.carnage is a pve nightmare and for most cage is undercovered.i probably would have taken the 3 days off if we had had them for this heroic.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I don't have the best roster for this one, so I just play enough to stay in the top 200 and get the 4* progression.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I'm enjoying this one. Mainly because I have a champed x-force team and when paired with IM40 can make Swiss cheese out of anyone. Scaling is usually the issue that makes me skip these when I can't use my full roster.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    The 1st part was good, the 2nd stage was worse and the 3rd is awful. It's definitely a slow slog and I can't say I'm enjoying it at the moment. Maybe when my roster improves it won't be so bad but as of now yuck.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    TeamStewie wrote:
    The 1st part was good, the 2nd stage was worse and the 3rd is awful. It's definitely a slow slog and I can't say I'm enjoying it at the moment. Maybe when my roster improves it won't be so bad but as of now yuck.

Yeah without a max xpool, x-force, IM40. I look at the carnage nodes in the last sub at 350+ and just say. Nope.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    The rewards for this Heroic is far better than previously.

This time I was able to get the 4* reward on Day 2, with 5x clears of the harder nodes, and finishing off the easy nodes 6x, all WITHOUT getting 4* Blade from the previous event.

That means that Heroic's are now worthwhile for 4*s rewards. Last time, the SCL wasn't done after the new character (Gwenpool).
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    No. tinykitty heroics always and forever.

And the **** Dark Avengers they rode in on. You have my sword.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    It definitely depends on available characters. This time we had 2 available teams with great synergy and I liked it. Plus it felt good to finish fights in reasonable time due to lower scaling.

When they give us lousy available roster then it's a big skip!
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I don't mind the occasional variety - it forces me to learn a couple new characters and teams that I would just ignore even if boosted normally. Once every four weeks or so is often enough though for this 'variety'.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just another voice to the "depends on the roster" crowd. If the selection of characters are actually usable, that is not all the 4* are support, then Heroics are a wonderful return to using someone besides Logan/Phoenix.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Tinykitty NO!!!!! The roster limitation in Heroic events is mind-blowingly stupid!
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I enjoy them more if I happen to have the boosted characters maxed and champed. This one has been cake even with a non champed Peggy. Her stun negates Carnage, her red cuts thru Bullseye's shields. Xforce Wolvie and 4*Deadpool can have a sick countdown for What to Surgical Strike combo that wipes out two full health opponents. Boosted IM40 is the perfect battery. The last few Heroics have felt this way.
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    It is tough but it is nice to find combos I normally may not use.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that I have all but two two Star or higher characters unlocked I'm fine with Heroic events

still need Doc Ock and 5 Star Cap

with 9 two star champions seems odd I've seen so few Ock Tokens (maybe 6) and always felt the need to sell them because of roster space
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like them more if we had more 4*s to use. I spend all my days champing 4*s (since I rarely draw any 5*s), but most of them sit around being wasted, because they're not always that great (cough venom, carnage, iw... well many of them can be fine but aren't nearly as good as rhulk, jg, quake, etc).

But if there were more 4*s available for heroics, then I'd finally have a reason that I should use the lower tier and not the top tier 4*s.

But instead I just use the few I have championed, and then when they get crushed, I give up. Because I'm not going to waste my stockpiled health packs on pve, and heroic pve specifically, ha! icon_redface.gif
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I enjoy the limited roster and finding creative solutions.

I do not enjoy node after node of the same Dark Avengers and goons, and most of all I hate any node with Muscles.

I would not mind redoing these events over and over so much if clear totals were dropped to 3 until reset, 5 for max node rewards. 4/6 makes me want to puke sometimes.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards

I like them because it forces me to use characters that are usually neglected, thus making it more fun to figure out new strategies. Plus, I think it's more fair to the masses because someone with just a handful of high powered characters may not be able to use them.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I wish the boosted PVP roster was different than the Heroic roster. I usually use one team for PVP and my whole roster for pve. That way I wouldn't be forced to use the same roster for both and use healthpacks. But with Xteam healing themselves it hasn't been an issue this time.