POLL For SR 52+: Will you play at CL8?

2»

Comments

• macuumbaub
    macuumbaub Posts: 1
    edited October 2016
    A desire for the specific progression rewards are the only reason to go for a lower CL.

Placement rewards are for your rank within your slice, no matter what CL the others in the slice have chosen.

If, by some miracle, a CL1 player ranked no.1 they would win the CL1 top prize even if CL8 players were in the same slice, and vice versa. In reality CL placement prizes for lower CL seem a bit of a con as the rosters needed to get top placement are only available to players who are inevitably in the top CL. No one (bar a lucky sniper) is winning low CL top placement rewards.

EDIT: I stand corrected. How embarrassing.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    macuumbaub wrote:
    A desire for the specific progression rewards are the only reason to go for a lower CL.

Placement rewards are for your rank within your slice, no matter what CL the others in the slice have chosen.

If, by some miracle, a CL1 player ranked no.1 they would win the CL1 top prize even if CL8 players were in the same slice, and vice versa. In reality CL placement prizes for lower CL seem a bit of a con as the rosters needed to get top placement are only available to players who are inevitably in the top CL. No one (bar a lucky sniper) is winning low CL top placement rewards.

Hi-Fi quoted below for clarity. You compete for placement against people in your CL and slice, so those in CL1 only place with others in CL1.

Your MMR isn't affected by your CL, so you'll see others with the same MMR in any CL in your slice.

(Just noticed this macuumbaub has a -50 rep!)
    Hi-Fi wrote:
    Who am I competing against for these rewards?
    When you enter an event you join a leaderboard comprised of other players that have selected the same Clearance Level and End Time that you have (event leaderboards still have the same maximum capacity as before). You will be competing against players in this leaderboard for Placement rewards.

How do Versus Events work with Clearance Levels?
    Clearance Levels in Versus Events act just like any other event in terms of who you are competing against on the leaderboard. As for matchmaking, you will be matched against players in the same End Time to ensure there are enough players to play against. Currently, Clearance Levels do not impact matchmaking.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Waiting to see what the real rewards are for CL8. With the ones posted and removed, I would have probably stayed at CL7. Roster is 4* transitioning, sl 62.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well im like 47 so it's not an option. If the rewards are better yes, because I still haven't seen evidence of use being separated by CL. ( and by better rewards i mean more covers)

if thats the case, why wouldn't someone go into sl6 with a 4/5 star roster utterly dominate and snatch up top5

ALSO, do CL5 and below still require 4 stars?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about yes...but apparently I won't be getting more rewards, because I don't play for placement but only for progressions?

And where is SCL9/10 already? SCL8 needs less levels than a bunch of vets started at on first SCL day!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    How about yes...but apparently I won't be getting more rewards, because I don't play for placement but only for progressions

Apparently based on what? The screenshots from yesterday that were wrong and taken down? We don't know if/how progression will be better from 7 to 8 yet.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I said yes, but it really depends on what the rewards are. It'd be nice if we could see that.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    I'll say this, I'll definitely give CL8 a go. If it turns out it isn't my thing (roster not up to scratch) then I'll settle back in CL7.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup. There's more stuff for me to keep on doing what I do, so I'll keep on doing it. Whee.
  • I usually get top5 or top1 in PvE, and i will stay in CL7, less competition. Only problem i foresee it's gonna be harder to snipe later slices with less people playing.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I joined CL8 for EotS, but I'm not committing to CL8 long-term since the progression rewards aren't materially better. We'll see how I feel after the sub rewards start landing.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I feel if you ranked t10 in cl7 moving up is a no brainer if you ranked like 10-30(maybe up to 50) cl7 you might be able to place top 10 so staying would be better. If you placed higher than that moving up to 8 would be the right choice. So I chose no in the poll but not because of less competition but because I feel like there is a better chance of me getting top 10.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Well. When I went home last night, I discovered I didn't reach level 52 as I believed, but just level 50. So I guess I'm stuck in CL7 for this eente and probably the next.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Of course I will rewards still ARE better than in CL7
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been thinking about it and arrived to the conclusion that as disappointing as the increments can be, there's definitely no reason not to move to SCL8:

Are you planning to play casually, go for the 4* progression reward, maaaaybe go for the last progression reward if you feel like it, but not slaving out to perfect timing and 7 clears every time, so you'll end placing top 100-200? Move to SCL8. Placement rewards for those ranks were /greatly/ improved compared to SCL7.
    Are you planning to slave away for the duration of the event, playing optimally and as fast as humanly possible to get top 10, regardless of Clearance level? Move to SCL8 for a literally free 4* cover plus some extra pocket change iso.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    There's no reason for me to not play at the highest possible clearance level. I'm not going to place high in the event no matter which clearance level I choose and the progression rewards are slightly--very, very slightly--better at CL8.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    I joined CL8 for EotS, but I'm not committing to CL8 long-term since the progression rewards aren't materially better. We'll see how I feel after the sub rewards start landing.

Sub 1 has command points for top 100.

Gentlemen, you had my curiosity; now, you have my attention.

The question now is whether I can continue to place top 100 in CL8. Otherwise, meh? But after my first round of clears I'm #56, so...play on and we'll see what we see.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Sub 1 has command points for top 100.

Gentlemen, you had my curiosity; now, you have my attention.

The question now is whether I can continue to place top 100 in CL8. Otherwise, meh? But after my first round of clears I'm #56, so...play on and we'll see what we see.
    T100 in cl7 also has cp. Every placement in 8 is 500iso more than 7 but that's the only difference on subs (also only seen the first day which is a 2 day sub so might only be 250iso difference)