POLL For SR 52+: Will you play at CL8?

ErikPeter
ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Clearance Level 8 will be released soon, and compared to CL7, the rewards are a little better for the top players!

If everyone jumps to CL8, those left in CL7 will have an easier time collecting placement rewards, and vice versa. It's an experiment in game theory. What's your plan? (So the rest of us can try to game the system the other way).

Dev post about CL8: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=53851
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    I'm rank 56, of course I'll bump up to the higher level. My placement aims are top 100, not top 10 regardless of CL. I'll take the better prog and placement rewards all day in the higher CL.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still only 1 4* prog cover, so mostly just more iso/hp (though eots is a weeklong event. Will the iso prizes be lower for shorter events?).

I will probably default to cl8 for iso/hp. But i may drop down to cl7 if i really want the placement covers
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course. Better progression and placement rewards trump a possibly worse placement.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Progression rewards are almost identical, so considering I normally finish top 100, getting guaranteed 3 star covers, more HP, and more ISO? No doubt about it I'll move to CL8.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I'm assuming it's worth it, as someone who will not be making top 10.

But that's more leap of faith than proof of purpose right now O.o
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    both? depends? will be trying both out and seeing what I prefer. progression doesn't overwhelm me as significantly better. depends on how placement vs. rewards shake out. I'm almost never t10 in pve, so only substantial diff is the placement iso. need to see pvp rewards.
  • DanBenZvi
    DanBenZvi Posts: 82 Match Maker
    ErikPeter wrote:
    Clearance Level 8 will be released soon, and compared to CL7, the rewards are a little better for the top players!

If everyone jumps to CL8, those left in CL7 will have an easier time collecting placement rewards, and vice versa. It's an experiment in game theory. What's your plan? (So the rest of us can try to game the system the other way).

Dev post about CL8: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=53851

At this point, I'm focusing mainly on using placement rewards to boost up my existing roster. And now that we've seen that 4 star prizes will be progress rewards in the following PvE? Yeah, I'm going up to CL8.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    PVP, I'll go as high as they take it.

PVE... I'll stay a level or two below max.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVE, most definitely, as I never go for placement anyway.

PVP, doubtful, as I would like a potentially easier trip to 900.

Will see how it all pans out.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVE, most definitely, as I never go for placement anyway.

PVP, doubtful, as I would like a potentially easier trip to 900.

Will see how it all pans out.

Clearance Level supposedly has no bearing on your MMR. So getting to 900 would be equally likely in CL1 as CL8.

Of course in CL1 you'd be #1 and in CL8 you might make top 100.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Orion wrote:

Is this actually a thing you can do?! Cuz I'm not above stealing a purple moon knight or purple winter soldier from some noobs, lesser prog rewards be darned...they've been stuck at 5/2/5 and 2/5/5 forever, while I've watched at least a half dozen covers expire in my q waiting for the "right" cover so I can champ them...
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Clearance Level supposedly has no bearing on your MMR. So getting to 900 would be equally likely in CL1 as CL8.

Yeah, but you get bundled in with everyone else in the CL right? So if more of the big boys go to 8, there'll be comparable rosters to mine left in 7.

Like I said, will see how it pans out.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    More CL more ISO. Why else do you play PVE??? At CL 72 if I get all the ISO and progression rewards why kill yourself for top 10?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Orion wrote:

Is this actually a thing you can do?! Cuz I'm not above stealing a purple moon knight or purple winter soldier from some noobs, lesser prog rewards be darned...they've been stuck at 5/2/5 and 2/5/5 forever, while I've watched at least a half dozen covers expire in my q waiting for the "right" cover so I can champ them...
    You can only go down to CL6, CL5 awards 3 star.png only
  • Just reached l52..it depends on the rewards, obviously
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not answering until I see reward sare a LOT better than SCL7.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    It will depend on the final rewards.

I guess, as someone else has said, for PvP always max SCL, there is no reason to not chose the max level, then for PvE we need to see how SCL8 really looks like.

I am a bit disappointed though that Devs are still releasing just SCL8 (Rank52). My rank is 73, I am playing to win 5s, and still nothing new in that regard (at least it looks like CP wise SCL8 is like SCL7). I guess there is already some people in Rank100 (this is why they are releasing 25 more ranks), and we still just have SCL for rank 52 :S :S :S :S

Why not release SCL8 and SCL9 at the same time? They released 7 SCLs in one go, I don't see why they can't release at least SCL8 and SCL9 together. Plenty of people already in Rank 70+

PS: Another big problem is that rank is not really a good indicator of how strong is your roster. I have the best roster in my alliance by far, but there are at least two people with almost the same rank as me just because they buy more tokens than I do. Devs would have never EVER decided to add xp by opening tokens and also by adding champion levels the 2th, 3th, or 4th time to the same char (this is great for getting iso, but really bad to show the strength of your roster, which I thought was Rank was about). I think this will be a big problem when they release rank 9 and 10
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm exactly rank 52. I wasn't expecting to be able to get into SCL 8 and was hoping to enjoy some less competition down in SCL 7. However, that being said, it depends on what the rewards end up being. If progression covers end up being 1 3* and 2 4* then I will strongly consider it, but even then it will likely depend on which 3* and 4* they are. 3* Ock and 4* Iceman, yes I'll play 8, 3* Iron Fist and 4* Starlord, I'll probably stick with 7.
  • Fratriarch
    Fratriarch Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    I'm rank 51, so the choice was already made for me.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Just reached 52 last night. I go for progression in PVE, so I have no reason to play a lower level. For PVP, I will think about it.