Any chance we can have another clear knocked off Story?

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
We currently have 6 clears, plus priceless clears for points grinding.

4 clears is enough to get progression.

It's VERY grindy though.

Is there any chance another clear will be knocked off?

3 clears for Final progression, and point wastage to kick in.

Leave the difficulty climb to go into the fourth clear (I'm aware I'm begging for a mathematical nightmare here!).

Just kick out a filler prize from the first 3 clears.

PvE currently eats a lot of time. People in general like what it does but it's a time sink!

The system in place already let's people battle to the decimal point for placement, and this change wouldn't change that. BUT it would help people actually join in!

One less clear.

Casual players enjoying personal progression will enjoy the game more.

Competitive players have less of a grind for the fine tuning to kick in, which will help them stop burning out.

TL:DR; Please sirs, can we have some less chores to do :p

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 clears takes an hour. An hour you can spread out over 24h if you are doing nothing else but the 4 clear minimum.

Would you prefer they donate the 25 cp directly in to your account? Takes even less time then. icon_e_wink.gif
  • The Herald
    Daiches wrote:
    4 clears takes an hour. An hour you can spread out over 24h if you are doing nothing else but the 4 clear minimum.

Would you prefer they donate the 25 cp directly in to your account? Takes even less time then. icon_e_wink.gif

I don't remember the last time 4 clears took me an hour <.<

The answer may be "never".

9 nodes, plus unlocking the event, plus single clears IN the day event.

Add disaster boards and the occassional blow out.

It's grindy.

VERY grindy.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2016
    Daiches wrote:

With an almost complete 3* champion roster with no 4* champions (although some are closing in on my 3* level range) and some unlevelled 5*, I can say that I would love it if I could pull four clears in an hour. I'd say it's closer to 2 or 3 hours for four clears, and probably a couple more if I try to do the full six for XP.
  • The Herald
    JackTenrec wrote:
    Daiches wrote:

With an almost complete 3* champion roster with 4* champions (although some are closing in on my 3* level range) and some unlevelled 5*, I can say that I would love it if I could pull four clears in an hour. I'd say it's closer to 2 or 3 hours for four clears, and probably a couple more if I try to do the full six for XP.

THIS.

I'm on trains for an hour a day. walking from trains to other locations another hour plus on top.

I do not get my MPQ done in this time frame, and while I do enjoy it I'm then finding Puzzle Quest time on top icon_neutral.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    JackTenrec wrote:
    Daiches wrote:

With an almost complete 3* champion roster with no 4* champions (although some are closing in on my 3* level range) and some unlevelled 5*, I can say that I would love it if I could pull four clears in an hour. I'd say it's closer to 2 or 3 hours for four clears, and probably a couple more if I try to do the full six for XP.

QFT

As a 3* player nearing 4* transition it still takes me 2 hours on a good day to get 4 clears in and that's if health packs aren't an issue, but they often are. Maybe the is still negative effects of 5* scaling and I just never knew to expect less, but I've never come close to 4 clears in an hour of a PvE event.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah it definitely takes me 2-3 hours to x4 clear a given sub, and I'm in that same "nearly all 3* championed" boat.

That said, I don't mind x4 clears as long as I know I'll get progression. The grindiness is only necessary if I'm trying to finish top 50 or top 100 for a particular cover. Otherwise, meh, I'm getting two 3* and a 4* from progression and 25 CP along the way.

And it's an excuse to play.

I'm fine with that.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    With all champed 3*, and some champed 4*, it takes me about 1.5 hours to get the 4 passes done.

Florida sub in the Hunt took me 2 hours (I started that sub with 1 health pack, so I had to hop around and stretch time and health and use various teams until my A-Team recovered a bit or a health pack refreshed).

1/3 of those nodes are trivial... so that's only 6 nodes that have variable difficulty.

9 nodes x 4 clears = 36 fights. 3 minutes a fight average, 1.5/1.75 hours roughly. Since scaling theoretically matches your roster, the lower level rosters should be able to clear as fast if not faster. Higher scaling means higher health, longer matches.

If health packs are an issue, then break it up throughout the day. Hit the first node, unlock the essentials. Hit the 4* essential 4 times for the CP. Then go through the normal patch unlocking all the nodes until you get to the last node and hit it 4 times for the CP. Take a break... let health packs refresh. Come back and hit the other 2 essentials 4 times each. If health pack stock is still good, start from the 2nd to last and work backwards. Stop when you run out of health packs... or switch to a different team and hit your Trivial nodes 3 more times each.

This is the beauty of the first 4 passes not having timers. If you only want to hit progression, you only have to clear the 4 times. Those 4 times can be done anytime during the sub without costing you points. You cannot ask for a more conforming method of PVE. If you cannot do 4 clears on one sub because of time constraints, you can sometimes make up for it by getting green checks on the next sub.

I think asking for MAX progression to be 3 clears out of 7 is asking for a lot.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given how lousy my placement would be if I stopped after 4 clears in most events, it seems like most people aren't having much difficulty getting 4+ clears in.

For reference, I'm using championed 4s most of the time and it takes me around an hour and a half to do 4 clears.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:

4 clears is a mininum if 36 matches (most pves add 1-5 additional matches, some even more like florida).

It only takes an hour if you can average less than 2 minute per match. . .

And i love the idea that advocating for anything less than the current norm = entitled whining. Way to encourage discussion! icon_e_wink.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    To me, it feels grindy. But, I think a lot of the disagreement on that issue is that the repetition can compound small differences into wildly different totals.

For progression, you need 9*4 clears + any nonstandard one off nodes. So, a minimum of 36 matches. If an average match takes you 90 seconds, that's a 54 minute clear. If, however, it takes you 2 minutes on a match, you've gone up to a 72 minute total. Even a somewhat unassuming 3 minute game totals out at an hour and 48 minutes.

Every additional 30 seconds you take in your average match time increases your total by nearly 20 minutes. That clearly will hit some players harder than others.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Daiches wrote:

It definitely does not, for me. I would say 3 hours is much closer. If it took an hour per day, I might actually bother doing it.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I totally agree...less missions per node, 6+ is grinding my life away. With a 3* Champed Army, it takes me about 2-3 hrs to clear 4 missions of each node. PvP is frustrating to play and PvE is tiring to play. Please, help us out! DDQ is the funnest part of my day.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    To me, it feels grindy. But, I think a lot of the disagreement on that issue is that the repetition can compound small differences into wildly different totals.

For progression, you need 9*4 clears + any nonstandard one off nodes. So, a minimum of 36 matches. If an average match takes you 90 seconds, that's a 54 minute clear. If, however, it takes you 2 minutes on a match, you've gone up to a 72 minute total. Even a somewhat unassuming 3 minute game totals out at an hour and 48 minutes.

Every additional 30 seconds you take in your average match time increases your total by nearly 20 minutes. That clearly will hit some players harder than others.

Your match times are way off. Levels <100 take about 2-3 minutes each. Levels 100-200 take about 4-6 minutes each. Levels 200+ take about 7-10 minutes each. When you add it up, most players are spending 2-3 hrs to complete the first 4 missions.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

Your match times are way off. Levels <100 take about 2-3 minutes each. Levels 100-200 take about 4-6 minutes each. Levels 200+ take about 7-10 minutes each. When you add it up, most players are spending 2-3 hrs to complete the first 4 missions.

Again, this is highly subjective. That's my point. For me, I just tested the lvl 70 pyro, soldier, demolitionist combo, and that took me about 50 seconds. The 279 Loki, Moonstone, Pyro node took just around two minutes. I was using a 367 Xpool, 264 Xforce wolverine, and 274 IM40.

I don't disagree that your times aren't your times though. Just like PvP, the game places a big emphasis on using quick heavy hitters. More puzzley charterers that, while perfectly able to win matches, but just do so slowly, end up not being worth it.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:

4 clears DOES NOT take 1 hour.

I have a 3 star roster with pretty much all the 3 stars worth talking about champed.

1 hour is hyperbole, gamer bravado talk.

I know the 4 star tier and above have some combos that can knock em out the park but even winfinite isn't even clearing nodes in less than 3-4 minutes per clear at 5 nodes (which nearly never happens) once they hit higher scaling,
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm very in favor of 3 clears being max prog. 4 clears is burnout and makes me realize that I'm starting to not even like playing this game very much because, why level a roster just to ram my face into nodes 6 times or any given new character.

At least 3 or maybe even 3.5 would allow more freedom in grinding or deciding to give a shot to the Sisyphean task of pvp.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Last night I was fighting level 453 Moonstones with 73k health. That's not a quick fight.

...Furthermore, even if it CAN be done quickly, it isn't always fun to do it as quickly as possible. I would rather try some different teams, and have a little fun

Most of the people flying through PVE are in a soft-capped sweet spot and riding Winfinite through all the hard nodes. That sounds so boring to me.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:

I don't know what your roster looks like, but I can assure you that four clears does not take me an hour.

It's a tedious grind of the same fights over and over to have access to one of the only progression paths I have available to me as a 4* transitioner.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    I think asking for MAX progression to be 3 clears out of 7 is asking for a lot.

Why? How long do the devs actually want us to play their game for? There's DDQ and PVP on top of that, which most people also engage in.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Reducing the number of clears by another one would be the biggest single quality of life improvement they could do right now. Even if you are super duper amazing and can do the initial four clears in an hour, you're going to be doing back to back rounds on top of that. So add another hour of continuous playing, at the least.