Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Peggy Carter

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
The good news is I have 7 covers. The bad news is I probably have them in the worst configuration for a solo match. She's 2/1/4.

Is her blue going to do any damage? I've never used her in a battle yet.

No previous runs.

Comments

• JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    From the looks of things, no, blue will not do any damage, and because it is a 1v1 scenario, her blue will not stun anyone ... it stuns all enemies but the target. It looks like only her red and yellow powers will come in to play for her CoT.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JangoLore wrote:
    From the looks of things, no, blue will not do any damage, and because it is a 1v1 scenario, her blue will not stun anyone ... it stuns all enemies but the target. It looks like only her red and yellow powers will come in to play for her CoT.
    Agreed that red and yellow will be more important in a 1v1 battle. But her blue can still do damage. You'll just want to wait until the board is favorable and the countdowns are less likely to be matched away.

Can't wait to see who they match her up against.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Agreed, even without the stun, her blue is an amazing damage dealer. My 3/5/5 lvl 168 Peggy is doing 4303 per countdown tile. In the current PVE where she’s boosted, its ending a lot of fights. (I’d imagine the same in PVP but I’ve been skipping teams with her.) Don’t underestimate it.

I figure whoever she fights, they’ll have at least one passive, to get around Peggy’s yellow. I’m guessing maybe a defense tile power too? To make you work for that red? Would fit the puzzle aspect they put into some of these fights. Maybe 2* Bullseye in that case? Though there’s no color overlap, which doesn’t fit the pattern of these. Maybe Flaptain?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cmags has perfect color overlap, spams protects which she could ignore and his skills aren't completely overcosted to the point of absurdity like Flaptains would be by her passive. He seems like the perfect candidate as an opponent.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cmags has perfect color overlap, spams protects which she could ignore and his skills aren't completely overcosted to the point of absurdity like Flaptains would be by her passive. He seems like the perfect candidate as an opponent.

Flavor seems to rule the day recently, so I doubt it will be Magneto. Very likely that it will be some Peggy/Captain America related enemy. Too bad Red Skull isn't an enemy in game, would be perfect to have her punching him out.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm thinking SL for her opponent, his yellow, while not 1:1, off sets hers.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    Her blue is very powerful. However only in a team dynamic, not by herself. In heroic, she is a beast and use her all the time, however one on one, she is crippled. The blue puts down a cd per ally. So it's one blue CD each time instead of 3 when she is in a team. It's gonna be a hard fight. Mine is at 3-4. So only about 3000-4000 damage per blue power. It's gonna be one long fight.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Grr, didn’t realize that about her blue being tied to the number of allies. Still good damage (kinda) but my 3/5/5 may have more trouble than I thought (Champing her is not an option this week).
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We were wondering in my alliance whether Peggy's blue would do anything in a 1v1 scenario. I haven't really used her, but my understanding is that her blue creates three CD tiles if all your allies are alive, so that would mean Peggy counts as one ally? Can someone who's used Peggy confirm that? If so, at least we might get one damage CD out of her blue.

My Peggy is 4/1/5 but sitting at 70. I'm willing to pump some ISO into her, but I'm going to wait and see who the fight is against and if it's reasonably winnable first.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1v1 she'll create 1 CD tile. My guess on who she'll face is Jessica Drew. That would be a hard matchup for her.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Like others have mentioned, very good point about the blue countdowns matching your number of people in the fight. I totally forgot. That's a huge deal.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 4/2/4 level 110 took out wasp on the first go without boosts. Denied blue then black, gathered red. I got one blue out then punched my way with red to victory!
    blackflag.pngicon_punisher.png to take him to 3/3/3
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After the struggle with Flaptain this crash was fairly easy! My 5/3/5 level 271 Peggy has made it on first attempt without using boosts. I didn't care about Wasp abilities (her black has dealt only 1.4k damage) and finished the fight with a red and blue combo.

RNGesus rewarded me with GwenpoolIcon.PNGpurpleflag.png bringing her to 2/2/2. Neat!
  • ESN91
    ESN91 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Did it with my 3/4/3 Peggy (level 100)
    Cascades helped me a lot.

The LT gave me token_legendary.pngicon_hulk.png
  • Curiosity
    Curiosity Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3/5/5 Peggy, around L220. First time with no boosts. Was close but I just matched random tiles and hit red when possible. Got a Black Drax, making him 2/1/2.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3/0/2 lvl 127 Peggy here got beat 10 times. One battle used +2 red/yellow, +2 all, and +50% red/yellow damage got Wasp to under 300 HP before losing. Skip that. Not wasting anymore effort into it
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    L141 4/2/5 Peggy managed on 3rd go. +2 all, +50% R/Y damage.

Not too difficult, but super annoying when Wasp get's her blue off.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beat this second try with L111 4/1/5 Peggy. +2 R/Y, +50% R/Y, +100% all. Strategy: Deny black/blue, collect red.

First attempt, denied black well, but she cascaded into blues and that got annoying quick. Second try, had a relatively neutral board, was able to deny black and blue well, was able to fire red twice for 3k a pop and match damage did the rest.

Reward: purpleflag.pngicon_katebishop.png now 4/0/5, because RNGesus.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Level 168, 3/3/4. Took three tries and won with boosted red. Tried to deny black first. All three games I started strong but it ended with the board locked to only purple and team up matches, but giving Wasp a good match nearly every time. Got a green Cho putting that up to 5. I'll be ready for his match-up at least.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Peggy is 1/0/2, level 90. I'm not gonna try icon_mrgreen.gif.