The Hunt, harder to get T100?

2»

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Any time there is a new character release it seems to me like placing is more difficult. Everyone wants the new toy.

Not me. I bagged my Ice man and quit and took it easy. My enjoyment of the game has gone up exponentially since I dropped the rediculos gotta have all the pokemon mentality that was driving me to madness. Now I choose which prizes I want to fight hard for and when I want to blow this game off to play Xbox or something else. Blade seems pretty mediocre anyway. Certainly not worth playing The Hunt of all miserable events for. Bobby was certainly worth it and I'm glad he was mid level progression. My 12th cover for him!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ended 112 :*( This is the first new character I failed to get on launch in at least 4-5. Hopefully, this isn't a trend and this is just bad luck as people said. Oh well. **** happens. Well I only had 770 HP anyway so I don't need to be tempted to buy any.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Thanks all for the helpful responses. I went with im40/ice/oml rest of the way and tried the 3dp/im40/ice too for essential and was not disappointed for speed. However, competition really tough. Actually ground to 1 point with 15 minutes left, and ended up in 18th place. Not bad. I was 1539 pts behind 1st.
    658 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Finished with 64k and ended up 110th. I cleared every single reward, with close to optimal timing. I don't play past the rewards and iirc this is the first time I have come up short on a new character pve. It's been getting noticeably tighter the last few months, and I was in the 90s a couple times.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished 54th. I'm okay with that! Knew I wasn't gonna get top 20, and grinding for top 50 would only have made a difference of 250 ISO. what might have mattered is if I had gotten top 50 in the final sub. Oh well.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't grind sub 1 down to 1 (real life got in the way), I did grind subs 2 and 3, but perhaps not quite as late as I should.

11th. By 33 points.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Results may vary.
    I got lucky with my bracket I think. Totally half hearted on sub one, ended up in top 100 for sub. Did first 4 clears over 8 hours for sub 2, hit a clear 24 hours later then took the green ticks plus one more clear in the morning as time permitted then did the 4 clears for sub 3 over 6 hours then cleared to green ticks and a wee bit more over breakfast, 4 hours before event end. This was good enough for top 20, lots of xp, iso and a Bobby Champ level. Result.
    I intentionally chose a finish time that I couldn't finish optimally in to stop me getting dragged into madness!
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    broll wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:
    New release PVE is always more competitive that 'normal' pve - there are a load of PVP players who normally avoid PVE like the boring time suck it is but will come across for a new release to grab the covers they need for the new character.

Maybe an event that would have been worth dropping to SCL6 if you wanted to easier ride on a new release - big PVP rosters will drop into SCL7 most of the time for the ISO/4* covers

Agreed, but I had no problems with any of the recent ones, Luke Cage 4*, Gwenpool, etc. Even compared to those this seems tougher to me.
    mpqr7 wrote:
    As long as you do 6 full clears per sub (more on the 2-day subs, around 9 or more total), you should be able to get top 100 pretty easily. If you don't do that many clears (say you want to enjoy the weekend and not play the game), then you might not get it.

6-9 full clears is not easy in general so no...

The Hunt middle sub being 48 hours means the points 'lost' vs optimal play is far higher so comparing it to events that just have 24 hour subs is the first obvious problem
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like I've been optimal clearing down to 1 point for all nodes and I'm only in 16th place with the final clear left to go tonight before 11PM est. The difference between my score and top 10 was only a couple hundred. The main difference is because I'm slower to clear my nodes than my competition. Using 4* deadpool / Xforce wolvie / iceman who are all champed and boosted in this event and just collecting purple and black to power up Countdown for What and surgical striking after to take out the big targets. I guess I could use boosts to get it going quicker

Do you not havd IM40?
    Because him mixed with Xpool should have sped things up a lot. Two yellow matches, one red and one green means after recharge has hit you have XPool's read ready, Iceman's green ready and then you just mop up what's left.

Slowly building up to 11 black and 7 purple is a lot more arduous.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Blade looks very bland but the competition was absurd. 69.3 got me 18th place and it crushed my soul getting to that.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    Finished 54th. I'm okay with that! Knew I wasn't gonna get top 20, and grinding for top 50 would only have made a difference of 250 ISO. what might have mattered is if I had gotten top 50 in the final sub. Oh well.

I also finished 54th!! That must be the ranking for the cool kids. And I also knew I wouldn't make top 20, so I was happy just to be top 100.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

I also finished 54th!! That must be the ranking for the cool kids. And I also knew I wouldn't make top 20, so I was happy just to be top 100.
    I ranked 42... very significant!

954.jpg
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Half assed it liked usual and my results were the same. I figured there would be more competition with SCL, but that was not the case for me. 6 clears, 6 clears, and 4 clears with no attention to timer got me rank 40 something. SCL 7.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I feel like I've been optimal clearing down to 1 point for all nodes and I'm only in 16th place with the final clear left to go tonight before 11PM est. The difference between my score and top 10 was only a couple hundred. The main difference is because I'm slower to clear my nodes than my competition. Using 4* deadpool / Xforce wolvie / iceman who are all champed and boosted in this event and just collecting purple and black to power up Countdown for What and surgical striking after to take out the big targets. I guess I could use boosts to get it going quicker

Do you not havd IM40?
    Because him mixed with Xpool should have sped things up a lot. Two yellow matches, one red and one green means after recharge has hit you have XPool's read ready, Iceman's green ready and then you just mop up what's left.

Slowly building up to 11 black and 7 purple is a lot more arduous.

Yes I've got him and thanks to the posts here, I dug him up and used him for the final sub clear. He did speed things up considerably but I had made my bed at that point. I'm cool with 16th for the effort. and 2 new Blade covers. I honestly forgot all about IM40 in PVE. I was using him paired with Thoress in PVP so maybe I was let him take a breather...team breakdown much appreciated