I remember the Captain Falcon fight was going to get tweaked

2»

Comments

• Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Most of these "challenges" are how many covers and how much iso do you have in a character you have no intention of using.

A challenge or puzzle would be handing everyone the same tools and seeing what we do with them, but I guess that'd actually be something fun everyone could participate in weekly for a reward. icon_e_confused.gif
    You wouldn't like this because it would be RIDICULOUSLY hard, and we all know that the only mechanism demi has to create this level of challenge is requiring excessive amounts of luck to complete the "challenge."

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a challenging weekly type of puzzle, but if it isn't roster based then virtually everyone would finish it once the "puzzle" had been solved and posted on the forums. They aren't in the habit of just handing out end-game rewards, so either it would be too hard (luck based), or have **** rewards.e
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Most of these "challenges" are how many covers and how much iso do you have in a character you have no intention of using.

A challenge or puzzle would be handing everyone the same tools and seeing what we do with them, but I guess that'd actually be something fun everyone could participate in weekly for a reward. icon_e_confused.gif
    You wouldn't like this because it would be RIDICULOUSLY hard, and we all know that the only mechanism demi has to create this level of challenge is requiring excessive amounts of luck to complete the "challenge."

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a challenging weekly type of puzzle, but if it isn't roster based then virtually everyone would finish it once the "puzzle" had been solved and posted on the forums. They aren't in the habit of just handing out end-game rewards, so either it would be too hard (luck based), or have **** rewards.e

something that has a 90% chance of being one of the 40 4 stars isn't end game.

it's literally what I could use. Seems more like endgame is saving the 720 cp per cover or something.

Stupidly challenging beats the hell out of "literally impossible without already having a 4 star super well covered", which is also, mainly rng.

It was a poor idea to have 5's linked to rng instead of say champing 4's or something to begin with. At that rate it's a free for all where if you've got the cash you can theoretically skip straight to endgame, without touching the rest.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    mpqr7 wrote:
    You just build up yellow and red until you can do a massive one-shot attack.

Another cool tip: if she casts blackflag.png on you, then keep matching bluetile.png to increase the strike.png she gives you.

If your red isn't at 5 covers, then yeah it will be pretty tough!

Eh, matching blue after her black is dangerous. You start triggering her yellow every match pretty quickly.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    It was a poor idea to have 5's linked to rng instead of say champing 4's or something to begin with. At that rate it's a free for all where if you've got the cash you can theoretically skip straight to endgame, without touching the rest.

I've seen multiple rosters where people have effectively skipped 3*s and 4*s and gone straight to 5* land. You don't even need cash to get a decent foot in the door, just dumb luck and a smile from RNGesus.

It's a **** progression path and should never have happened the way it did. But that's true of many things that happen in this game.

If it wasn't Marvel, none of us would keep playing. Fact.
  • Franklin Bluth
    Franklin Bluth Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    It took a crazy number of tries, but I beat her with a 5/1/1.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    ... Got a blueflag.pngicon_mrfantastic.png from it too. Yay...

Feel your pain, Dragon_Nexus. Got a icon_mrfantastic.pngblackflag.png . Just a depressing payoff for such a brutal Crash.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Finally won on shot 22. 1 turn away from death I managed to hit yellow->red for 7000 damage.

Peggy Red->Champ Level->Legendary Token->5* Natasha Red.

lvl 127, 4/5/4, +2r/y +50%r/y damage
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    mpqr7 wrote:

4 Yellow, 1 Blue, 1 Red here...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    2/2/3, 147 here. I made 4 tries, and only the first try was close, where I got to dive bomb her once but it didn't finish her off. The other 3 tries I was dead or about to die long before I got to 14 red AP.

Bah.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    ... Got a blueflag.pngicon_mrfantastic.png from it too. Yay...

Feel your pain, Dragon_Nexus. Got a icon_mrfantastic.pngblackflag.png . Just a depressing payoff for such a brutal Crash.

If that had happened I'd have broken my desk over my knee.
    I hit 5 black for him ages ago and I get nothing but black from him. Granted it's his most useful ability, but even so I don't need more.
    Coulda really done with a green Ghost Rider cover =/
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    My flaptain = 140 5/3/3.. Couldn't get lucky enough through about 10 tries to down her, she kept getting crazy cascades.

Maybe I will stop getting yellow flaptains (have opened 4 since capping 5 yellow). Ugh.

This one was just a little bit too much.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I had saved up 27 red, I had enough to down her if I could just get one last red... I got the final red I needed just before she hit me with her black to wipe me out.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    mpqr7 wrote:

Another cool tip: if she casts blackflag.png on you, then keep matching bluetile.png to increase the strike.png she gives you.

I find powering up that strike tile to hurt me more than it helps. If it gets boasted to high she'll just generate red every turn. My Captain Falcon sucks anyways so I don't stand a chance in this fight regardless.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I won it on my fifth try with a lvl 160 4/5/4 Flaptain, running +2 y/r AP boost. It took hoarding enough yellow and red, waiting a turn to get more yellows on the board, and then yellow -> red -> red.

There have been a number of DDQ4*s I never won. Such is this game. Nothing's guaranteed. Luck, persistence, and a diversified roster built up over time helps.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    mpqr7 wrote:

Well there is an issue with that. If you're say at a decently advanced level, and you happen to not have a champed FalCap, but do have 5 blueflag.png

Then you better stop matching blue on that Strike tile after the third. because you'll be dealing enough damage that she gets her absorption EVERY turn. And that's even worse if you boost Match Damage. So, be careful trying that.

I find the safest Strat is to turtle, matching Black and Red only, until you have 28+Red. Then hopefully your board is good enough to give you a bunch of protects. Fire the Red Twice and hope she's down. If not. Well, restart. Don't waste any boosts that aren't R/Y+2