Vote in the Combined Arms Obvious Hyperbole Poll!

13»

Comments

• blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    couldn't agree more! i actually enjoyed this event. getting to actually use my entire roster was a nice breath of fresh air from strictly focusing on my champs. it was also fun to run into a variety of teams that people threw out there. i'd be excited to see combined arms run more frequently between seasons or with some of the adjustments you suggested
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess that I would like to see the event more often, but I wouldn't make all characters on those rarities buffed (which as someone else pointed, makes no one buffed). The normal spread of 4-4-2 characters buffed on those rarities would do well and would encourage people to try new and different things. Otherwise, people would just gravitate naturally to [good 4*]/im40/whatever they'd normally run anyway.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Indeed it was fun! What a shame just I noticed it a bit too late and get to play just a few matches icon_cry.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    mckauhu wrote:
    Indeed it was fun! What a shame just I noticed it a bit too late and get to play just a few matches icon_cry.gif

I think three days is a bit more than "a bit" too late. icon_lol.gif But more seriously, I think it's also telling that you enjoyed it despite only having a small opportunity. Combined Arms forever!
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    El Satanno wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:

I think three days is a bit more than "a bit" too late. icon_lol.gif But more seriously, I think it's also telling that you enjoyed it despite only having a small opportunity. Combined Arms forever!

Ok a LOT too late icon_lol.gif My fault, didn't know it is that awesome event and so rare icon_cry.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well It was fun, but as some other have said, it might run old quite fast. The problem of course is that everybody close to 900 or over it was using Iceman+IM or Peggy+IM, so it potentially has the same problem than 5 tier, seeing the exact same team over and over again.

We have to accept that Peggy and Bobby are so much better than all other chars that there is really no reason to use anybody else, specially when teamed up with IM red, blue and green generation. Rhulk is close, but those two are super fast and 100% reliable, both have very good stun, high damage and acceleration (or deceleration of the other team).

I hate nerfs, but maybe those two need an adjustment.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    As I said in another thread, I really enjoyed playing Combined Arms and I was very happy to see it come up in rotation. I played many different teams, playing some people who have NEVER seen action, as they became champed AFTER I had my 5*s playable enough that I'm required to play them in every single PVP in order to stay competitive.

DEVS: Please figure out a way to make more PVPs like Combined Arms. It's OK if we leave the 5*s on the sidelines for a PVP or two a season.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Well It was fun, but as some other have said, it might run old quite fast. The problem of course is that everybody close to 900 or over it was using Iceman+IM or Peggy+IM, so it potentially has the same problem than 5 tier, seeing the exact same team over and over again.

We have to accept that Peggy and Bobby are so much better than all other chars that there is really no reason to use anybody else, specially when teamed up with IM red, blue and green generation. Rhulk is close, but those two are super fast and 100% reliable, both have very good stun, high damage and acceleration (or deceleration of the other team).

I used 26 different 4*s in this event. It was fun. I only wiped once because I didn't bother to heal before going into a match plus cascades. Some of the matches were even against bobby and peggy and rhulk. Can we just stop calling for any good characters to be nerfed? Just buff the bad ones like Starlord and Cho and people will be happy to use them too.

And um, before anyone starts calling for an im40 nerf - I also used hood, sw, 40, cyc, if, thor, qs, loki, carol, beast, mystique...
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Oh, I'd also like to add that I received the most DEFENSIVE wins EVER in this PVP. I must have earned over 100 points in defensive wins alone. Not sure what was going on there but it was refreshing.
  • Polares
    Polares wrote:

I used 26 different 4*s in this event. It was fun. I only wiped once because I didn't bother to heal before going into a match plus cascades. Some of the matches were even against bobby and peggy and rhulk. Can we just stop calling for any good characters to be nerfed? Just buff the bad ones like Starlord and Cho and people will be happy to use them too.

And um, before anyone starts calling for an im40 nerf - I also used hood, sw, 40, cyc, if, thor, qs, loki, carol, beast, mystique...

Did you use this 26 teams when over 900? Did you get to 1200? What teams did you use when over 900? What teams were you facing when over 900? I guess that while climbing, any team was ok, but over 900 things would probably got harder.

I am not saying it will be as bad as the 5 tier is right now, but whenever more people have Iceman and Peggy covered, you won't be able to use most of those teams that you used to go against them, at least not when your score is a bit high (you would be a big target for everybody else).

But who knows, maybe I am wrong, and there will always will be people without those covered, so you will always be able to use more teams.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:

I agree with the majority of your post but this section annoyed me.

I hate nerfs, but maybe those two need an adjustment

We've all seen what Icemans whiteout can do, It's impressive. I hope to one day utilise its full power during PVE or PVP when I eventually champion him.

I think it's shortsighted and selfish to stop others from using this fantastic power. Just because YOU don't like it lets weaken it for others.

Like someone said no more NERFS just concentrate on boosting weaker covers.
    Yes I'm looking at you Loki.
    #justsaying
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:

*snip*

Riddle me this, Caped Crusader: Would it be more or less tired than the current Versus standard? icon_e_geek.gif
  • Polares
    El Satanno wrote:
    Polares wrote:

*snip*

Riddle me this, Caped Crusader: Would it be more or less tired than the current Versus standard? icon_e_geek.gif

The same, and is a good change of pace, so I agree it is nice to have between seasons.

I was thinking that maybe it would be better if no char was buffed, like in sim. Buffing makes 2 almost useless, and makes top tier 4s so much important. Maybe if nobody was buffed we would see more teams compositions. Why is in fact everybody buffed? I don't remember it being like that when it was 1-2-3s.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Did you use this 26 teams when over 900? Did you get to 1200? What teams did you use when over 900? What teams were you facing when over 900? I guess that while climbing, any team was ok, but over 900 things would probably got harder.

I am not saying it will be as bad as the 5 tier is right now, but whenever more people have Iceman and Peggy covered, you won't be able to use most of those teams that you used to go against them, at least not when your score is a bit high (you would be a big target for everybody else).

But who knows, maybe I am wrong, and there will always will be people without those covered, so you will always be able to use more teams.

Well, yes, I used fewer teams after 900, mainly because I didn't have some of the ones I wanted to try champed (buffed to level 23-something). I have the impression I didn't shield until 1200.

I used 4cyc to take out Peggy - one blue leads into red and her passive is busted, or anyone with a stun, or a cheap sting teamup that she can't stop. Moon Knight was fun too - he is a murderous crazy bunny and I love him.

Also tried flaptain with 2* bullseye at one point, maybe 700s?, that was funny. HB/fist - always a good time. I used PunMax in an early match, ticked him off my list of stuff to use, and forgot he was there, but he's also pretty badass.

Bobby is a darling on defense - take out im40 first since he's a squishy 3*, block green, let Bobby take blue and rotate stunned folks around while you build ap for the kill.

Lots of fun and great teams. Peggy is just the latest shiny with a neat health-pack saving passive, but wears down quickly enough anyway when she's tanking most matches teamed with 2+3*s. Bobby's also good for crowd control with his stun, hardly scary.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    no 5's still best part
    worst part, no Cage/Fist/Torch (my 4 Star Cage and 2 Star Torch Both sucked at the time and my 4 Star Cage still does (1/1/1))
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Locking old thread, it's attracting spam for some reason.
This discussion has been closed.