• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Feagul wrote:
    It's unfortunate, but we're all dealing with freezing, horrible event matchmaking, and the usual bugs that come from new releases.

Not all of us to the same degree, it appears. Are you Android or iOS?

Re: Devs - tabbing apps = PQ shutdown

by Hibernum_JC » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:36 am
    We've identified the problem and are working on a solution. I'll keep you guys posted.

As an FYI, the issue only happens on Android, and it is not due to the OS killing the app while it is in the background prematurely.
  • voodoo_gremlin
    voodoo_gremlin Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    This is not a report for errors in the event's programming I have a few constructive criticisms in general I would like to make. The reason I'm not putting them on the D3 website I wanted to...I registered...I clicked activate my account on the email...and apparently I'm not registered. But that's a whole other issue. On to the matter at hand.
    1) How many white vampires are there? According to decktester there are 3. They cost 17, 17 and 16. How are you supposed to cast six of them and still not killed your opponent.
    2) 24 hours? Only 24 hours! That's not enough time to clear everything. I work I got home at 6:00pm. I lost twice and had 56 points and have two games left. I don't have enough time to recharge my nodes and play to get to the end. ****? How many people can get 150 points with 20 games? Every other event is 48 hours why not this one.
    3) The bonus banners are too hard to reach! As you can see above I've gotten 1 extra banner in 11 wins. I'm trying to get them but the threshold is simply too high. Also, playing in platinum, I can't wait around to cast six of anything. I'll get run over.
    4) Why not make this a five prong node event?
    This is so frustrating. I like this game. I really do. I play an hour or two a day. Why is this event so flawed?
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tm00 wrote:
    yunnnn wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:
    I made my deck in 10 mins and it has completed the objectives quite smoothly.

It's...not really the complicated puzzle you're describing.

My deck:
    Behold the beyond
    To the slaughter
    Corrupted grafstone
    Ruinous path
    Ruthless disposal
    Heir of falconrath
    Kalastria nightwatch
    Grave birthing
    Catacombs sifter
    Unholy hunger(obv use grip of desolation if you have it)

My deck reached a perfect score quite comfortably (as have others in the coalition that used the same tech). Because of this, I feel like I've got enough authority to comment on your 10-minute deck:

1. You have too many kill spells and not-enough/too-costly eldrazi spawning, which slows down the deck unnecessarily. Obs does not need 5 kill spells.
    2. You picked the wrong vampires.
    3. Your BTB does not chain well, based on the cards you have; all you will get are free kill spells. Grave birthing is also horrible unless it specifically comes from BTB.
    4. The deck is weak to hexproof.

Of course it's not a puzzle when you build a deck that can only theoretically win; it's simply an exercise of picking 10 cards that can do the job. While your deck can possibly get the achievements, there are various common/uncommons that you've overlooked that are critically better than the selections you've made.
    What are the antihexproof commons-uncommons? I didn't open unmaking so I'm curious.
    Only one I can think of is fleshbag marauder, but for 10 mana and set up I think I'll stick to aligned hedron network.

I'd think that grave birthing+ the defender 7 drop vampire+ the flip side of heir should at least buy you enough time against hexproof to finish the game at 5-6 points.

The 5 kill spells probably allows you to never use the -9 to always have 30 loyalty and being able to close the game quickly with the -18 should things go bad like harness the storm looping someexquisite forecrafts.

That is exactly the point of the kill spells and heavy defender creatures.

I'll add that I'm perfect in platinum currently except for one due to freeze, so people looking for ideas should feel comfortable getting inspiration from that list. I feel pretty authoritative about it myself.
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    Feagul wrote:
    It's unfortunate, but we're all dealing with freezing, horrible event matchmaking, and the usual bugs that come from new releases.

Re: Devs - tabbing apps = PQ shutdown

by Hibernum_JC » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:36 am
    We've identified the problem and are working on a solution. I'll keep you guys posted.

As an FYI, the issue only happens on Android, and it is not due to the OS killing the app while it is in the background prematurely.
    iOS. I encountered two completely new (to me, at least) freezes in this event! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • shteev
    Options
    Feagul wrote:
    shteev wrote:
    iOS. I encountered two completely new (to me, at least) freezes in this event! icon_e_biggrin.gif

I got really nervous when my opponent started playing Meld creatures... you never know...
  • yunnnn
    yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jackvett wrote:
    you starting a thread just to state "I have information I'm not sharing, ha-ha" or you "critiquing" my least favorite poster without telling him anything worthwhile. "You picked the wrong vampires" LOL

Your coalition can get a nice circle going in your private slack channel, no need for you guys to do it in everyone's face

I shared plenty of information. There's only so many vampires in this game; my alluding to BTB comboing poorly should indicate precisely which vampires that I use in my deck. I'm sorry you didn't pick up on it.

I posted this thread to indicate that chasing all the ribbons is not only possible, but also reasonably enjoyable. The point was to encourage deck builders to actually try and get both sets of ribbons rather than give up. While I have indicated this, you on the other hand, are the one who has provided nothing worthwhile in this thread. icon_lol.gif
  • jackvett
    jackvett Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    yunnnn wrote:

I shared plenty of information. There's only so many vampires in this game; my alluding to BTB comboing poorly should indicate precisely which vampires that I use in my deck. I'm sorry you didn't pick up on it.

I posted this thread to indicate that chasing all the ribbons is not only possible, but also reasonably enjoyable. The point was to encourage deck builders to actually try and get both sets of ribbons rather than give up. While I have indicated this, you on the other hand, are the one who has provided nothing worthwhile in this thread. icon_lol.gif

holy tiny kitty you are a fun dude.

i'll just stop talking now since i can apparently only incite four year old anger...

guys, the big secret 20 people uncovered was that BTB plays well with madness. WATCH OUT!
  • yunnnn
    yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jackvett wrote:
    i'll just stop talking now since i can apparently only incite four year old anger...

guys, the big secret 20 people uncovered was that BTB plays well with madness. WATCH OUT!

I'm not sure what part of this seems angry to you, besides your name-calling.

Also, I played no madness cards. Self discard in Obs from BTB is win-more and difficult to pull off.

(Oh look, look at this useful information I've provided ^) icon_mrgreen.gif

I should reveal all my combo decks through the medium of the fruitless conversation we are having.
  • shteev
    Options
    jackvett wrote:

The big secret is simpler than that, and also not much of a secret. It's this: BTB is OP.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Name-calling, insults and circumventing the language filter are not allowed. Locking the thread as it's attracting too much aggro.
This discussion has been closed.