Emrakul's Corruption brag thread

Options
yunnnn
yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
edited October 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
The secondary quests are borderline sadistic. I mean, they are mutually exclusive! Vamps and Eldrazi? Do they not realize that we can only put 10 unique cards in our decks?!

But with some teamwork, our coalition broke the code! The best part is that these decks are pretty fun to play and it doesn't feel grindy at all. I don't have many of the more popular cards for summoning vamps and werewolves, so we had to be clever while building.

Good luck to the rest of you! icon_lol.gif

(10 rounds, 3 colors, 7 points each)
qy7fbs.png

Comments

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do I still get to brag if my only losses have been to crashes?
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Would you mind telling us this incredible secret you found?
    : P
  • yunnnn
    Options
    Would you mind telling us this incredible secret you found?
    : P

Of course! All decklists will go up after the event ends. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lol OK I didn't know this deserved a brag. Let me join in.

I made my deck in 10 mins and it has completed the objectives quite smoothly.

It's...not really the complicated puzzle you're describing.

My deck:

Behold the beyond
    To the slaughter
    Corrupted grafstone
    Ruinous path
    Ruthless disposal
    Heir of falconrath
    Kalastria nightwatch
    Grave birthing
    Catacombs sifter
    Unholy hunger(obv use grip of desolation if you have it)
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yunnnn wrote:
    The secondary quests are borderline sadistic. I mean, they are mutually exclusive! Vamps and Eldrazi? Do they not realize that we can only put 10 unique cards in our decks?!

But with some teamwork, our coalition broke the code! The best part is that these decks are pretty fun to play and it doesn't feel grindy at all. I don't have many of the more popular cards for summoning vamps and werewolves, so we had to be clever while building.

Good luck to the rest of you!

9u4xnq.png

Post your final score after you are done icon_e_wink.gif
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    Lol OK I didn't know this deserved a brag. Let me join in.

My deck:

Behold the beyond
    To the slaughter
    Corrupted grafstone
    Ruinous path
    Ruthless disposal
    Heir of falconrath
    Kalastria nightwatch
    Grave birthing
    Catacombs sifter
    I prefer the low cmc route excanging grafstone,disposal,heir,sifter and hunger with bone splinter,read the bones,sludge crawler,altar reap and the 1/2 vamp, but yeah this works.
    lost only 40 lp vs a sarkhan with burn the three dragons(not outcast) and dark petition.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tm00 wrote:
    lost only 40 lp vs a sarkhan with burn the three dragons(not outcast) and dark petition.

Do you remember the name of that sarkhan deck
  • Ciotog
    Ciotog Posts: 77 Match Maker
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Well if this is the thread for it, I just ran out of nodes for the event but made it to 185 points, which is good enough for 13th (as of this post) in the platinum group I'm in. I enjoyed these objective actually, the decks were fun, and managed not too feel to **** except when you go up against a nodes of powerhouse deck.

**Well you bums have knocked me back to ~30th now**
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ciotog wrote:
    Well if this is the thread for it, I just ran out of nodes for the event but made it to 185 points, which is good enough for 13th (as of this post) in the platinum group I'm in. I enjoyed these objective actually, the decks were fun, and managed not to feel to **** except when you go up against a nodes of powerhouse deck.

Those are the most exciting games!
  • yunnnn
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:

My deck:
    Behold the beyond
    To the slaughter
    Corrupted grafstone
    Ruinous path
    Ruthless disposal
    Heir of falconrath
    Kalastria nightwatch
    Grave birthing
    Catacombs sifter

My deck reached a perfect score quite comfortably (as have others in the coalition that used the same tech). Because of this, I feel like I've got enough authority to comment on your 10-minute deck:

1. You have too many kill spells and not-enough/too-costly eldrazi spawning, which slows down the deck unnecessarily. Obs does not need 5 kill spells.
    2. You picked the wrong vampires.
    3. Your BTB does not chain well, based on the cards you have; all you will get are free kill spells. Grave birthing is also horrible unless it specifically comes from BTB.
    4. The deck is weak to hexproof.

Of course it's not a puzzle when you build a deck that can only theoretically win; it's simply an exercise of picking 10 cards that can do the job. While your deck can possibly get the achievements, there are various common/uncommons that you've overlooked that are critically better than the selections you've made.
  • jackvett
    jackvett Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2016
    Options
    yunnnn wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:
    Tries to share some content for once
    Slamming that dude's list because this is MY thread

I don't know which I enjoy less, you starting a thread just to state "I have information I'm not sharing, ha-ha" or you "critiquing" my least favorite poster without telling him anything worthwhile. "You picked the wrong vampires" LOL

Your coalition can get a nice circle going in your private slack channel, no need for you guys to do it in everyone's face
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am morally the winner of this first competition.
    I finished my nodes way earlier than the rest of you.
    Got 1 loss to a freeze TOTALLY OUT OF NOWHERE.

No werewolf on field.
    No things killing tokens(even there was a token).

NOTHING
    I started my turn, matches 3 gems and the game froze.
    Just that.
    Next time I'll have to try to somehow check closely if the gems are bugged?!?!

The icing on the cake is that I won't even get top five probably.

LakeStone wrote:
    Card bug fixes & changes

Tokens no longer freeze the game intermittently.
    More like "tokens did freeze the game under specific circumstances, now freeze the game totally at random".
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    Morphis wrote:

No werewolf on field.

NOTHING
    Just that.

LakeStone wrote:
    Card bug fixes & changes

More like "tokens did freeze the game under specific circumstances, now freeze the game totally at random".
    /golfclap

It's unfortunate, but we're all dealing with freezing, horrible event matchmaking, and the usual bugs that come from new releases.
  • Morphis
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Feagul wrote:
    Morphis wrote:

No werewolf on field.

NOTHING
    Just that.

LakeStone wrote:
    Card bug fixes & changes

/golfclap

It's unfortunate, but we're all dealing with freezing, horrible event matchmaking, and the usual bugs that come from new releases.
    /golfclap my tinykitty down here

I wrote I finished EARLIER than anyone.
    So even assuming we would end up in a tie for first(adding other players that had crash)I would be almost for sure on top.

Going from 1st to like 6th or worse cause of a random bug(not predictable or avoidable) is not funny.
    Even more in this event that's at the very least exhausting to play.
  • tm00
    Options
    yunnnn wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:

My deck:
    Behold the beyond
    To the slaughter
    Corrupted grafstone
    Ruinous path
    Ruthless disposal
    Heir of falconrath
    Kalastria nightwatch
    Grave birthing
    Catacombs sifter

My deck reached a perfect score quite comfortably (as have others in the coalition that used the same tech). Because of this, I feel like I've got enough authority to comment on your 10-minute deck:

1. You have too many kill spells and not-enough/too-costly eldrazi spawning, which slows down the deck unnecessarily. Obs does not need 5 kill spells.
    2. You picked the wrong vampires.
    3. Your BTB does not chain well, based on the cards you have; all you will get are free kill spells. Grave birthing is also horrible unless it specifically comes from BTB.
    4. The deck is weak to hexproof.

Of course it's not a puzzle when you build a deck that can only theoretically win; it's simply an exercise of picking 10 cards that can do the job. While your deck can possibly get the achievements, there are various common/uncommons that you've overlooked that are critically better than the selections you've made.
    What are the antihexproof commons-uncommons? I didn't open unmaking so I'm curious.
    Only one I can think of is fleshbag marauder, but for 10 mana and set up I think I'll stick to aligned hedron network.

I'd think that grave birthing+ the defender 7 drop vampire+ the flip side of heir should at least buy you enough time against hexproof to finish the game at 5-6 points.

The 5 kill spells probably allows you to never use the -9 to always have 30 loyalty and being able to close the game quickly with the -18 should things go bad like harness the storm looping someexquisite forecrafts.
  • Feagul
    Options
    Morphis wrote:

So even assuming we would end up in a tie for first(adding other players that had crash)I would be almost for sure on top.

Going from 1st to like 6th or worse cause of a random bug(not predictable or avoidable) is not funny.
    /golfclap Morphis' tiny "kitty"

I read what you wrote. I was locked out of the event for more than an hour when it started, so congratulations on feeling like you accomplished something by not being affected by the horrible instability.
  • tm00
    Options
    khurram wrote:
    tm00 wrote:

Do you remember the name of that sarkhan deck
    I have also faced your nissa, so it was probably you.
    I also remember exquisite firecraft,avacyn madness,a mana rock and demolish
  • Morphis
    Options
    Feagul wrote:
    Morphis wrote:

/golfclap Morphis' tiny "kitty"

I read what you wrote. I was locked out of the event for more than an hour when it started, so congratulations on feeling like you accomplished something by not being affected by the horrible instability.
    Oh yes I started right away instead cause my phone overcomes the server deficiencies. :/
    Was more than 1 hours late here too. Like others.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Language!

I finished with a perfect win record.... er... apart from 1 game which admittedly was my fault because I foolishly assumed that an android app could run in the backround for a couple of minutes without crashing, 2 games which admittedly were my fault because I assumed I could play with my powerful cards without them crashing the game, and 1 game which admittedly was my fault because I had to go to the bathroom and wasn't wearing a catheter.
  • Feagul
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    Language!

I finished with a perfect win record.... er... apart from 1 game which admittedly was my fault because I foolishly assumed that an android app could run in the backround for a couple of minutes without crashing, 2 games which admittedly were my fault because I assumed I could play with my powerful cards without them crashing the game, and 1 game which admittedly was my fault because I had to go to the bathroom and wasn't wearing a catheter.
    You're the tiniest tinykitter that ever tinykittied--you tinykitty, you!

shteev → 1c728f09a9bb611ab381c3a1342d903b.jpg
This discussion has been closed.