The Bucky 4* DDQ is just impossible!!!!

2»

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I failed 5x using lv 131 3/1/2. Made it on the 6th.

Boosted Purple and All AP 2x, +50% Red/Yellow damage.

For me, purple was the key. Build enough of that to shoot down Panther's abilities as they get close. They're all pretty expensive, so you have to watch progression.

Wait on red until there are several viable red matches, then detonate immediately if you can.

My blue was weak, but it played a part. I didn't have a strategy, just threw them out when I got the AP. It might be preferable to wait until there's a lot of potential matches to get the attack tiles rather than wait for them to go off, but that's entirely dependent on the board setup at the time.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    It is certainly doable. I beat it it on my second try with a 1/0/3 at like lvl 115? Whatever his max lvl is for that many covers. Got some fortunate cascades and was able to get good spots for my red power which I got off twice. Just use boosts and it shouldn't be that hard if you deny black and yellow as often as possible.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a 1/1/3 at the cap of level 115. If I had more than 2 All Match Damage boosts might have gotten it earlier. Took me somewhere in the 7-9 tries range, and did it with +2 All AP, +2 B/P, and 5 Blue/Purple match damage boosts.

The other trick besides using Precision Shot to deny AP was to save it for when taking out a tile would cause a beneficial cascade for you.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Glad to know I wasn't the only fool who struggled with this. Burned over 30 health packs, leveled him to 182 but I eventually beat panther with my 3-4-3 Bucky. Many many times I lost just one turn shy of victory, it was very infuriating. I think this only highlights the weakness of this character. Expensive powers and when you cast them you still have to wait like two years until they resolve. Damage dealers based on countdowns are ****.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    2/3/1 131 took 4 tries. First three tries were beyond frustrating as I denied yellow on the board but BP kept getting yellow cascades to fall from the top of the board when he would make a useless match below.

Waiting for red clusters to form so you could get the extra damage from his red was important and very trying. On the last go I got a good blue board with some red as well. 100% match damage allowed me to take him down quickly that time.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Beat mine on 3rd try with 3/5/5 Level 70 Bucky. Used full rainbow damage boost, full rainbow AP boost and full blue/purple AP boost. Having the right build is definitely more important than having higher level.

For some reason Panther managed to keep matching away my detonation tile losing me the first 2 matches. On the third he still matched away my tile but I managed to collect enough blue to summon another. This time it resolved and blew up both the new and old trap tiles and killed Panther instantly.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    This was a hard one in my limited experience. I finally prevailed leveling to 120, 5/2/3, full boosts. Part of my problem was seeing initial board after board full of yellow and black. Usually when I had boosted so I didn't want to retreat. icon_neutral.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Used my lvl 150 3/2/4, took 15 tries, used rainbow boosts on the last fight once I got my strategy working pretty good where I was regularly getting him down 3/4 of the way.

I was frustrated as I started trying at 120, then bumped him up to 140, then up to 150... at 150 (and finally understanding what his abilities did... should have read them thoroughly as I had never played him before) he started making progress.

the 14 losses were worth it, pulled the LT and received 5* icon_hulk.png
  • Beat it with my 2/4/1 lvl 140 Winter Soldier, no boosts. I don't know how i was able to actually beat it but it took around 4 tries.