The Bucky 4* DDQ is just impossible!!!!

Akatosh
Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I think I've tried more 20 times with my 5/3/3 lvl 150 Winter Soldier, and just can't beat BP. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I was able to clear it with a 5/5/3 level 120. Boosted purple/blue, red/yellow, all ap. Kept an eye on BP collecting black and blue, used Precision Shot to deny BP's powers and primarily Detonator to take him down.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    This is one of the more "puzzle-y" DDQs, and is quite fun because of it.

Keep T'Challa away from yellow and black at all costs. Use his purple to drain his yellow or black AP when you need to, in order to prevent an activation.

His blue is irrelevant.

The key to winning is with Bucky's red. Try not to use it until you have a potential red match set up, so keep manipulating the board until you get some red tiles lined up. You're likely to find that the board isn't going to be red heavy after collecting red for it anyway. You can use Bucky's purple to set up the red match if you need to.

There's an element of luck involved, as always with these things. Sometimes the red tiles just don't end up in a good spot for a match. You can set it up and let it count all the way down, but the damage is less, obviously.

I finished it with a 4/3/5 level 110 Bucky doing this. Boost P/Blue and R/Y to give yourself a head start.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Took me about 3 or 4 tries with a 2/2/3 level 118. It's very doable, but it isn't really super easy at that level.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    3/2/3 Level 130 and beat it on second attempt. Boosted +100% Match damage, +2 blue/purple, +2 all ap.

Denied Black and Yellow. Used Purple to reduce yellow twice and one of those times to match away his blue tile while reducing yellow. Fired blue once, he matched away two of the traps then matched away the attack tiles so that was annoying. Mostly killed him with match damage and firing red once at the end.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    I disagree with morpheus in part. The battle is puzzle-y, and yellow/black denial is critical.

But i say focus on ws blue; red is a match ender with more covers, but not strong enough with just 2 covers like i have. If you can get bp to match some traps, then you can put out some 400+ attack tiles, even with just a few blue covers. Bp wont last long when you chip off an extra 1k a turn.

I beat it with a 4/3/2 ws @111. Keep at it op!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was not that hard. Lv 150, 2/4/5. The red took away 11000, it was basically over at that point.
  • Kevin c
    Kevin c Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    WS is 2/2/5 lvl125 and i had little trouble beating BP on my first try boosted r/y+2, b/p+2, all+2 then deny black and yellow at all cost
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got it in my first attempt, no boosts, 3/5/4 level 140.

Collect blue, collect red, use blue, use red. GG. I did use purple once to stop him from casting RoP. He's very strong.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    These strategy threads are always weird/confusing when the characters are nearly fully covered.

I hope they add some alternative soon or make these more frequent because I forgot this dude was in the game until I got 2 covers of him recently.

Didn't even try with 0/2/0
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine's 2/1/1. I tried once. And never again 8D
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Won with 5/2/0 lvl135 +2b/p +50%b/p +50% r/y 4th try

Just spammed pink and blue (pink to make/steal po ink/blue)

I also did a sniper rifle to black to prevent rage. Otherwise very doable
  • Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Thank you all for your responses and all the useful information. I finally beat him. And pulled a icon_blackbolt.pnggreenflag.png
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Beat it with my 3/3/0 at max (147 I think). It's definitley doable with no red. I did boost +2 all ap / +2 b/p / + 100 all damage. Got a 5* icon_hulk.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    5th try with 1/2/1 level 94,
    damage boosts and a really good board.
    Deny yellow and black above all else and use purple to deny those colours too. Try to fire two blue at once and let him match some of them, and only fire red if you have a good chance to match it yourself
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Just won with a 4-2-0 Bucky. Damage boosts and +2 ap

Used purple and tile matches to control the board and blue as my offensive weapon. Was lucky in that the black-steal for purple also triggered a huge cascade which helped.

Only power BP fired was yellow and he was kind enough to match 2/3 of them in one turn.

And was rewarded with icon_blackbolt.png #5
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try, but my Bucky is champed so I guess that how it should be icon_razz.gif
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    I did it with 1/2/3 level 127 so i think it is possible icon_e_smile.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    First try, but my Bucky is champed so I guess that how it should be icon_razz.gif

Also first try, but mine's a 5/3/5, level 73. +50% P/U damage. Hooray for good boards.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    2/5/2 lvl 188, first try no boosts. BP got his yellow off and I used my blue. He matched one trap tile and the attack tile wore him down in a couple moves
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got it first try with a 4/5/4 build at level 110. Lowest level I've managed one of these with a non-invisible character. I did luck out and land a red CD where I could match it, but it's still quite doable regardless.