Star-Lord Update Screens

13»

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems pretty reasonable with Ant-Man as well.
  • Fulgren
    Fulgren Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Loving this new build, but I also think the animation for yellow needs to be quicker. Just like Mischief and World Rupture, cant you just make the tile go away with no animation?

Fogey aside -

Back in the old old days, Star Lord's purple used to be classic Magneto's blue, and it cost 5.

That effect is so powerful that I'm happy to pay 8 for it every time.
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Any changes to established characters will always illicit responses both positive and negative and that's ok. My Star Lord was sitting at lvl 160 4/4/5 and I had 3 covers in stock, 1 purple (which had minutes left before expiry) and 2 x yellow (both with 10+ days remaining).

I looked at all the various setup options that people preferred to use and decided that it would be better to use the purple cover instead of getting 1k iso which really isn't too much, so I changed him to 5/4/4.

The they announced his changes........BOOOM.........!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_mad.gificon_eek.gif

Ok so now the real conundrum isn't so much as should I go 3/5/5 or 5/5/3 because at this point in time both are good depending on situations and I won't be championing him anytime soon (Rulk at lvl 250 4/4/5 is next in line), so like She Hulk if running both pvp and pve the most useful build will end up (for me) being 4/5/4.

If I do this of course I'll miss out on some valuable damage from both red and purple, but just like Captain Marvel her passive yellow should always be at 5 to generate the red and black, and so I take the view that I'll have the best of both (for the time being) until I champion him sometime in 2018/19..... icon_e_biggrin.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

I just wish I didn't have to waste the purple cover so quickly and another yellow soon after. It's not as if they come along often, plus I've got 2 x Fury covers (lvl 200) which are going to go the same way, plus my Ant-Man etc etc etc......