Star-Lord Update Screens

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Star-Lord fans!

Here's a trio of screenshots to go along with the previously mentioned info on planned changes to the Legendary Outlaw.

*Please note that anything listed or shown below is subject to change before final release.

Star-Lord Update

With the upcoming Power Gem Season, we will be updating the powers to Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw). We've given his powers some more utility while keeping his Countdown tile-based kit, helping him be a better teammate to his fellow Guardians (or anyone else you'd like to pair him with!)

Here's a breakdown of his reworked powers:

Sleight of Hand - 10 AP
Turns 1-3 selected non-Countdown tiles into 3-turn Countdown tiles which deal damage to the target.
Upgrades include targeting Countdown tiles as well as dealing team damage when the Countdowns expire.

Everyone With Me - Passive
Whenever an enemy fires a power, place a Countdown tile that gains AP in a random color. While at least one of these tiles is on the board, friendly powers have their AP costs reduced.
Upgrades include more AP colors, More AP returned, and higher AP-cost reduction.
There can only be 4 of these friendly Countdown tiles at any one point.

Oldest Trick in the Book - 8 AP
Deals damage plus additional damage for every friendly Countdown tile.
Up to 6 Countdown Tiles.

Level 270 Preview Screenshots

Star-Lord_Sleight_Of_Hand_MPQ_2016.jpg
*Update (10/21/16): The Sleight of Hand power will now turn selected tiles into Countdown tiles rather than Purple Countdown tiles. Please refer to this thread: R111 Hot Fixes

Star-Lord_Everyone_With_Me_MPQ_2016.jpg

Star-Lord_Oldest_Trick_In_The_Book_MPQ_2016.jpg

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Haha...what am I missing here? Aside from slightly more board control and a slightly better yellow power, how is this not a huge nerf? He does like NO damage now...
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Haha...what am I missing here? Aside from slightly Moreno board control and a slightly better yellow power, how is this not a huge nerf? He does like NO damage now...

The damage numbers are very underwhelming. His yellow has the potential to be an AP machine, though, especially versus goons and feeder nodes.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    ...is this a mistake? 2k and 1k damage for a CHAMPED version with 5 covers per color? What's going on?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Needs too many CD tiles on board
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Remember that the purple cds can overwrite special tiles, including other cds. 3 at a time is really powerful and 4.5k to target + 1.5k to team is a good bonus for only 10 ap. Red can deal almost 10k for 8 (6 with his yellow passive triggered) is actually awesome.
    fmftint wrote:
    Needs too many CD tiles on board

If an opponent casts an ability, you get one, (and if they cast more, you get more) then get three more from 8 purple. That's at least 4 just there, which if you cash right away is 7k+ for 6 Ap.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Surely someone's screwed up here and these are for level 70. I'm looking forward to selling him for bulk ISO and HP.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    I was expecting more damage not less. I understand he is a support character but it looks disappointing, especially when you consider how difficult his Crash of the Titans 1v1 was before, now it could be even harder.

Also his yellow yields every color BUT black.. why? Fellow GoTG member, Gamoras best ability is black.

I wish you guys posted the Before stats and the New stats. I hate this new screen shot approach. Show us the changes.

Edit: I see a lot of players also expressing positivity about SL's rebalance so I will give him a try since my LT "luck" has blessed me with a 5/3/4 SL. I'll try to be optimistic.. worse case is I still do not use him.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    At 6 tiles out, red would do 1613 damage per AP. That's not bad at all.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish you guys posted the Before stats and the New stats. I hate this new screen shot approach. Show us the changes.

Before, his red dealt 7k damage IFFFFFFF the tile survived for 3 turns.... which happened like a third of times? After, his red can deal up to 9.5k damage, immediately.

Before, his purple dealt 5k damage to the target and 1.4k to the team, overwriting a tile. After, he deals up to 4.5k to the target and 1.5k to the team, overwriting 3 tiles.

Won't even bother describing how his yellow is better now than before.

It's an improvement in every sense.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Everyone With Me - Passive
    Whenever an enemy fires a power, place a Countdown tile that gains AP in a random color. While at least one of these tiles is on the board, friendly powers have their AP costs reduced.
    Upgrades include more AP colors, More AP returned, and higher AP-cost reduction.

Question, David. Does this include passive abilities, or only active abilities?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    morph3us wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Everyone With Me - Passive

Question, David. Does this include passive abilities, or only active abilities?

I highly doubt it will include passives.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    He'll be great with Sentry! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    DuckyV wrote:

Yeah, WD just pointed out to me that if it did, Starlord vs Starlord would result in an infinite loop. Damn, was hoping he'd be useful against the bosses in Boss Rush.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess this answers at least in part the "what if you pair Peggy with Star-Lord when fighting Galactus" question, what with his red no longer increasing enemy ability costs. That sucks. And hopefully doesn't foreshadow a change to Peggy.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    morph3us wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:

Yeah, WD just pointed out to me that if it did, Starlord vs Starlord would result in an infinite loop. Damn, was hoping he'd be useful against the bosses in Boss Rush.
    It wouldn't be infinite. "Up to 4 tiles". Bright side, doesn't fight Kingpin for yellow. Max yellow on Kingpin, let Pete's passive activate, put out 7 more CD tiles for 8 yellow, and sucker punch for 6 red. Popping the CD's for 4 black each would have been nice, but this'll do. And remember, boosted, that 9K for 6 red turns into about 18K.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those damage numbers are per tile, so they arent as bad as they look at first glance.

Purple costs the same and has more utility now. Yellow is much better. Red is probably worse. Overall a decent revision. Look forward to seeing it in action.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Run with switch. When that CD tile gives you enough purple and at least one enemy ability fires you now have 5 tiles (if you wait a turn) and his red will cost 6. Throw in cho for shenanigans now you have 6 tiles. This is a definite improvement.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    his yellow and purple will be great against goons and with how many CD he will have out his red can do good damage. Even in PVp he can be trollish on D. You fire a power then the enemy's cost on abilities goes down by 2AP and suddenly you are getting hit by nukes. Other then Peggy I don't think there is a scary Defensive 4*, but I can see people losing to him as well.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    It does say everything listed is subject to change so maybe, just maybe, he'll be even slightly before his release.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's actually better now.

3/5/5 even without seeing the other powers seems like a decent buid

It's moderate damage for a 4 star, but not bad compared to where he was.

It sounds weird but him even with just a goblin with a few yellow is already loki level ap generation, and since goblin king is a passive but also an active that can reduce count down tiles, doesn't seem horrible choice for some pve ****.

Not every character is going to spit out damage.

Wish yellow had targeted colors like iron mans yellow, but I don't regret keeping the very few covers i have of him.

He should be adjusted damage wise for power creep along with all future changes though to prevent nerfs and angry players.

Moon Knight does 12K to a random enemy and a controlled 8K

Venom 6595 for 9 yellow.

I could go on but...