5* Dupe Policy

2»

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolarsen wrote:
    First of all, are we talking about an oficial, posted policy, or an impression taken from our own/mates experiences?

Granting it is an oficial policy, and regarding cover swaps exclusively for latest tokens, I see no big aggravation on it; would be like an insurance, you pay more to get extra safety, the origin of the funds you use to pay for it is not relevant imo.
    That's the joke. D3 and Demiurge don't post ANY of their "policies" anywhere. You don't know about them until you email CS for help or you read them elsewhere.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Wolarsen wrote:
    First of all, are we talking about an oficial, posted policy, or an impression taken from our own/mates experiences?

Granting it is an oficial policy, and regarding cover swaps exclusively for latest tokens, I see no big aggravation on it; would be like an insurance, you pay more to get extra safety, the origin of the funds you use to pay for it is not relevant imo.
    That's the joke. D3 and Demiurge don't post ANY of their "policies" anywhere. You don't know about them until you email CS for help or you read them elsewhere.

Also, if you ask for a WRITTEN official policy, you are told that you can't have it.
  • Windreaver
    Windreaver Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    last time someone talked about differences on how CS treat F2P and whales, topic has been locked in less than half hour and deleted in less than 10 sec xD
  • "Also, if you ask for a WRITTEN official policy, you are told that you can't have it."

this is true. i did the same. they said theyre internal policies were legally protected and they didnt have to share them. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

i laughed.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Windreaver wrote:
    last time someone talked about differences on how CS treat F2P and whales, topic has been locked in less than half hour and deleted in less than 10 sec xD

I dont think that's the topic here. The topic is the inconsistent treatment of players with a broken RNG based progression model. As Fight has pointed out, even whales are subject to the CS roulette wheel. Some have been known to get special treatment, and I have no problem with that. Again, the biggest problem is the inconsistent policies that apply to players and the head scratching decision to swap some 5 stars and not others. How much a player does or does not pay is not relevant to that discussion.
  • Cdubb1975
    Cdubb1975 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I recently pulled 2k of cp from classic tokens. I got 18 5*. 6 of them were green bss, I only used 3. 4 of them were black goblin, I used 2. 10 of the 18 were of 2 specific covers. I contacted cs and they switched 1 cover for me.

I think an easy solution to duplicate covers would be to allow us to sell the cover back for the cp we spent on it, or a percentage of the cp.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Ok, no written policy; it sucks icon_razz.gif

But we are mixing two different issues, i think
    1) OP complained about different treatment on covers pulled from latest tokens and classic tokens; i see no discrimination or unfairness there.
    2) Different results from equal tickets, based on whatever reason (whalery?). It would be absolutely wrong and unfair.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolarsen wrote:
    Ok, no written policy; it sucks icon_razz.gif

But we are mixing two different issues, i think
    1) OP complained about different treatment on covers pulled from latest tokens and classic tokens; i see no discrimination or unfairness there.
    2) Different results from equal tickets, based on whatever reason (whalery?). It would be absolutely wrong and unfair.

Great, so I will have to play CS roulette first to see if they want to change the color of my 6th yellow IM, and because he is in classic LTs, if tomorrow I pull my 6th blue Spidey cover I will be screwed, because it was a one time offer and they don't normally exchange those in classic LTs.

It is also quite annoying that they change the color just in new LTs when the chances of pulling 6th+ covers in new LTs is so small (well, basically just super whales pull those, normal users usually don't pull more than 3 covers of any given color for a char that it is featured just in new LTs, when those chars go to classic is when almost all of us pull those 6th covers).

We need a solution for 6th covers for 5s ASAP.