5* Dupe Policy

Ducky
Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
The current policy of customer service is that they will only swap out covers if you pull a duplicate from Latest Legendary Tokens and not Classic Legendary Tokens. My only question is why?

Why are you so blatantly catering to the mega whales? Why is it so hard to swap out duplicates for Classic as well?

You do realize that by alienating the people who are not mega whales, you are losing customers and players, right? And that with out the rest of us the mega whales have no one to play with and will move on as a result.

I would just like to have someone, anyone, justify this policy. Either swap out covers from both sets of tokens or don't swap out any. The amount of preferential treatment customer service shows to particular people is beginning to get out of hand, if it wasn't already.

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I wasn't aware you could swap out any 5* covers as an option for dealing with "dupes" (assuming you mean covers in excess of 5 of the same color before you have a full 13 covers) Is this yet another practice reserved for an elite few in the know or in the right alliances?
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wasn't aware you could swap out any 5* covers as an option for dealing with "dupes" (assuming you mean covers in excess of 5 of the same color before you have a full 13 covers) Is this yet another practice reserved for an elite few in the know or in the right alliances?

You can ask CS for anything... they can say yes or no.
  • mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    I swear there was some post a month or two back about how they were working on a new system for covers and how they wouldn't QUITE be colorless but would solve this problem. I can't seem to find it though, but I also thought the article said to email CS until then. Maybe I was drunk?
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    The posts were in line, where majority of the whales communicate (OOGC--God forbid). I had to sell off 6 phoenixes and 3 surfers before i was able to max them. I asked for a replacement back then and was told no, eventhough there were others that got the special treatment of swapping characters. I understand that your highest paying customers are more important, so you give them 1 for 1 swap, but give the rest something like 2 or 3 to 1 swap. If CS continues to alienate everyone but the super whales, the rest will stop spending completely.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know multiple players who've been offered "a one time exemption" to the Latest Legends policy. You need to be persistent and keep asking
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just pulled my 6th IM yellow cover so this post interests me plenty (my 2/2/5 IM pulled another yellow, stupid RNG).

In the past, I rostered a second PH when I got 6th covers and I got a 2/-/1 PH before I could max the main PH. When I finally champed her, I contacted CS to separate the covers, but they didn't want to do it (they told me the typical **** that their policy is to never do that, etc).

It would be really cool if they would convert this yellow cover into any of the other colors, the game should have an option to do it inside the game. I don't care about 4s, but when I pull 6th covers of 5s is really ANNOYING, it is already too difficult to pull them to waste their covers.

PS: Talking about sticky RNG, I recently pulled 2 IW yellow and then two IM46 yellow covers in a row (IW yellow, IW yellow, IM yellow, IM yellow), what are the chances?!?!?!?!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can ask CS for anything... they can say yes or no.
    I have very little experience with this concept of "yes" you speak of...
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    CS needs to make their policies equal and fair for EVERYONE regardless of how much they spend or who they are. They're instituting a class system where some players are more important than others, or perceived to be, and class systems rarely end well for those in power. You don't build something that lasts by forcing the majority of your customers out.
  • fmftint wrote:
    I know multiple players who've been offered "a one time exemption" to the Latest Legends policy. You need to be persistent and keep asking

i was one of those and am no means a whale. just over 700 days. they swapped my green phoenix number 6 for what was my 5/3/4 phoenix after a bit of pleading.

in fact i had sworn to spend no more money on the game but bought vip solely because they provided this gesture. $10 bucks is $10 bucks, right? icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

they did say it was a one time only thing though.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:

IF you're lucky. I got a dupe phoenix and requested 5 times for the same treatment that others have gotten. I even referenced an alliance mate's ticket number where they did it and they responded that they 'couldn't discuss other users tickets'. This prompted this post- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51709&p=573591&hilit=biggest+problem#p573116

As I pointed out in that post, this problem will continue to fester, especially as the game moves to haves/have nots even more with the power disparity of 5s. This needs to be addressed, NOW.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    CS needs to make their policies equal and fair for EVERYONE regardless of how much they spend or who they are. They're instituting a class system where some players are more important than others, or perceived to be, and class systems rarely end well for those in power. You don't build something that lasts by forcing the majority of your customers out.
    I can see it both ways. On one hand, I agree with you... but, honestly, IRL I am more willing to do something extra for one of my customers that spends $500k or $1M with me than one who spends $15k. Granted, that's different, because there's a personal relationship there, there's no set "policy" to refer to, and it's not a system where they compete directly with one another... but I can totally see how someone would make exceptions for their best customers.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    jobob wrote:
    I can see it both ways. On one hand, I agree with you... but, honestly, IRL I am more willing to do something extra for one of my customers that spends $500k or $1M with me than one who spends $15k. Granted, that's different, because there's a personal relationship there, there's no set "policy" to refer to, and it's not a system where they compete directly with one another... but I can totally see how someone would make exceptions for their best customers.

I fully agree and get that outlook, but as a user pointed out they're doing it for others at random while denying other users. Seems luck is dependent on which CS person you get. That I have a problem with.
  • JamieMadrox
    jobob wrote:
    As someone that's in sales, I agree with most of that. My big customers get their emails replied to first and I'll go the extra mile for them because I know it's going to benefit me and my company in the end. But when it comes to POLICY; I can't bend because ti could me me losing my job. If something is a policy, it should be clearly stated and the same for everyone.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    As someone that's in sales, I agree with most of that. My big customers get their emails replied to first and I'll go the extra mile for them because I know it's going to benefit me and my company in the end. But when it comes to POLICY; I can't bend because ti could me me losing my job. If something is a policy, it should be clearly stated and the same for everyone.
    True, but how often is "policy" set in stone and not just a guideline? If you're in sales, you've probably heard the saying that "everything's negotiable" at least a half a billion times. Outside of something that involves a safety or legal liability... there's someone in the company with the power to say YES to a request. I agree, I could lose my job over some of the things customers ask for... but I can keep kicking it up the ladder to someone with the authority to grant that request.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    The duplicate cover thing needs fixing and it's my opinion it should be the next thing done. I don't feel it's cs job to fix the deficiencies of the devs and asking it of them puts many people in a bad spot.

I think we need to attack the root of the problem not the occasional patchwork effort by another party to address it.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    jobob wrote:
    True, but how often is "policy" set in stone and not just a guideline? If you're in sales, you've probably heard the saying that "everything's negotiable" at least a half a billion times. Outside of something that involves a safety or legal liability... there's someone in the company with the power to say YES to a request. I agree, I could lose my job over some of the things customers ask for... but I can keep kicking it up the ladder to someone with the authority to grant that request.

The problem is that when you get a response from CS, they automatically tell you that it is against POLICY, not guidelines. If you are going to use that as an excuse, you are opening yourself to lawsuits.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meander wrote:
    I fully agree and get that outlook, but as a user pointed out they're doing it for others at random while denying other users. Seems luck is dependent on which CS person you get. That I have a problem with.
    Exactly. I'm sure thanos isn't the only one who got them to swap their green phoenix. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who got told "tough ****" when making the same request. We shouldn't have to play customer service roulette.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    grunth13 wrote:
    The posts were in line, where majority of the whales communicate (OOGC--God forbid). I had to sell off 6 phoenixes and 3 surfers before i was able to max them. I asked for a replacement back then and was told no, eventhough there were others that got the special treatment of swapping characters. I understand that your highest paying customers are more important, so you give them 1 for 1 swap, but give the rest something like 2 or 3 to 1 swap. If CS continues to alienate everyone but the super whales, the rest will stop spending completely.
    I just want to dispel this myth that paying players get better treatment. Their CS is really just completely random. I've seen guys who have spent next to nothing get the royal treatment, and guys that have spent 10x more than me get treated like garbage. Doesn't seem to matter who you are, what you ask for, or how you ask it - the results appear very random from what I have seen.
  • JamieMadrox
    grunth13 wrote:
    I just want to dispel this myth that paying players get better treatment. Their CS is really just completely random. I've seen guys who have spent next to nothing get the royal treatment, and guys that have spent 10x more than me get treated like garbage. Doesn't seem to matter who you are, what you ask for, or how you ask it - the results appear very random from what I have seen.
    A lot of it has to do with how you treat/talk to CS as well. There are a number of high level players that are absolutely disgusting human beings and trat CS like garbage. They're not likely to get any help, or a response for that matter, while someone that's really nice and appreciative is likely to get treated better. Makes sense. I'm not going to give a rude person preferential treatment over a nice person no matter how much they spend with me. Chances are they're still going to spend.

I know whales that will never get a response from CS due to their past interactions that still spend more in a week than I make in a month.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    First of all, are we talking about an oficial, posted policy, or an impression taken from our own/mates experiences?

Granting it is an oficial policy, and regarding cover swaps exclusively for latest tokens, I see no big aggravation on it; would be like an insurance, you pay more to get extra safety, the origin of the funds you use to pay for it is not relevant imo.