Where is the 5* transition plan? 4* outnumbering 3*

2»

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    I doubt they'll stop at 40 4*. Look at the tiers.
    1* - 8
    2* - 13
    3* - 40

That's a trend. It looks less like a doubling and more exponential. The early days of the game where 3* ruled the roost are gone. 4* is the current meta, and I wouldn't be surprised if they take them to 100.

If that's the case, though, I think they jumped the gun on 5*. They are ultra-rare. but so overpowered compared to the lower tiers that a big spender or very lucky individual could skip the 4* tier entirely. I'm an example of that - supreme luck pulling 8 OML covers, but only have 5 4* champed. I can't claim to be a 5* player, but I sure do use that character in almost every match.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    I doubt they'll stop at 40 4*. Look at the tiers.
    1* - 8
    2* - 13
    3* - 40

That's a trend. They practically double at each tier.
    Damn... I'm really gonna hate it when there are 160 5*s in classic tokens...
  • It's really hard to predict what they are going to do with this game, because absolutely nothing that they have done in 3 years has made any tinykitty sense. This game continues to be stingy to an extreme that punishes its player base with iso, while also being a cash grab via roster slots.

To this day, I continue to wish that this wasn't a F2P game, and instead a real game, like its predecessor Puzzle Quest on Steam. I think that is the single reason why we are constantly left bewildered and frustrated and confused by their actions.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    broll wrote:
    Magic wrote:
    If they need certain number of players there they will never get them as people will start quitting the game. Ask vets here if they think Sl7 is where they belong. Most will tell you (looking from awards progression between Sl6 and Sl7) that Sl8 is a minimum where they see each other. And I would agree with that. When you have 10 4* champed and slowly move to 5* this one 4* cover every couple of weeks (kudos for switching SL off for 2 events every other week) is not really helpful - you need more iso and more covers than SL7 is providing. Hence the SL8 is a minimum for veteran players who want to progress further with reasonable speed. At the same time the SL7 can be used by 3-4 transitioners as a great source of progress.

Agreed. As someone in the 3-4 transition bracket I feel SCL 7 is exactly where I should be and even if there was an 8, I would stay at 7. That being said I want 8 to come out so you vet can get out of my pool, it's too crowded!
    Same here. If vets got outta our way we could get the prog that is essential to us AND maybe make placement relevant. There are far too many people cramped into SCL7.

But then again since its at best forthnightly that any SCL is available I see why they aren't bothered making 8, 9, 10
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    With how many people they have shield rank 65 CL 8 should already be out. With CL 7 being Shield rank 35 there is no reason CL 8 at rank 55 should not be out. CL 9 should be 70 and CL 10 should be 90. I would guess there will people who will achieve Shield rank 100 before CL 8 comes out. Think about that for an end game reaching the max shield rank before they have fully rolled out the last 3 clearence levels??
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I'm on day 110. My shield rank is 41. I have 7 3 stars champed, and all of them rostered I love earning the progression 4 star cover when we have SCLs, but if those with much more advanced rosters can move into SCL 8 and 9, that would clear up the bottleneck on placement rewards.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    I think most people expect *something* to happen once we hit 42. It just makes too much sense to line everything up with champion rewards at that point, even more now that they've actually made changes to champ rewards to make some new 4*s available.

I also feel like d3 is finally catching on a little that players in their endgame are waaaaaaay too strung out. They can't release SCL 8-10 because any given endgame player has a miniscule number of people immediately around them with comparable rosters.

I think what is happening is the devs are thinking, "well, we can't completely set up champ rewards until we have 40 4*s that are actually eligible as champ rewards, and we also don't want to put out enough 4*s that we can't put them in as champ rewards somewhere. So we're going to wait until we release 4* #42 and then just move on to the next tier permenently."

It would be fairly easy for them to just start making making only 5*s. 5*s don't have the champ reward problem. The only thing is that if they do go up a tier, then people will start complaining about Iso again, as the quest for players to complete their 4* roster starts to become meaningful progression.

No more 4* just 5*? Oh please God no. Imagine having a 5* released every 2 weeks...you'd never cover one.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is becoming such a huge issue and 1 progress 4 star cover was relevant maybe 20 4 stars ago but isn't enough.

I can't believe this issue hasn't even been discussed to some extent,but then again I entirely can, and don't see them doing something until it's dire or too late.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    This is becoming such a huge issue and 1 progress 4 star cover was relevant maybe 20 4 stars ago but isn't enough.

I can't believe this issue hasn't even been discussed to some extent,but then again I entirely can, and don't see them doing something until it's dire or too late.
    The issue is still the ISO cost to level 4* not the cover drop rate. I sell more 4* covers then I care to say. I currently have 11 4* with 13 covers and to earn enough ISO to champion them will take 6-7 months. Clearence levels and shield rank was suppose to help but it is still just a drop in the bucket. Double ISO needs to become permenant is it would allow players to actually level their 4-5* characters.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

The issue is still the ISO cost to level 4* not the cover drop rate. I sell more 4* covers then I care to say. I currently have 11 4* with 13 covers and to earn enough ISO to champion them will take 6-7 months. Clearence levels and shield rank was suppose to help but it is still just a drop in the bucket. Double ISO needs to become permenant is it would allow players to actually level their 4-5* characters.

Not so much double iso8, as a reduction in 4* level rates.

Didn't they do a big 3* rebalancing?
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I don't want a transition plan to five star. I would much rather them expand the other star pools and cap pve difficulty.

The fun part of this game is coming up with interesting teams and playing with unique mechanics not hitting my head against a boss rush.

Since I got my two OML covers I use him way too often because of his high match damage and self healing. This is because it makes pve easier as leveling my existing teams makes pve harder.

I play an RPG to become more powerful not just to fight stronger enemies.

One of the main reason bosses are so much fun is that the difficultly slowly ramps up and it's the same for everyone. Having a stronger roster means I help my alliance more instead of simply fighting harder nodes.

Simply put scaling sucks. I understand why it's there because of the competitive nature of pve currently but wouldn't it be more fun if difficulty was tied to shield levels. Everyone in your clearance level fought the same difficulty of enemy regardless of roster. You five star players go sit in difficulty level ten and earn 5 star characters that are needed to win in that difficulty bracket. Then us three and four star players can sit in levels 7/8/9

Anyway it's late so my thoughts are slightly jumbled.