Boss rush scaling.

2»

Comments

• Ailbe
    Ailbe Posts: 7
    Another D3 boss event screw up. It almost seems like they have no QA on these events. Round three is, as far as I can tell, impossible with a three star roster. They should basically just come out and say "If you don't have a 5* roster by now stop playing"

Even IF you can get past the first boss, by the time you down him, they have so much AP the second boss is going to hit you with 5 to 7 abilities right off the bat.

Ridiculous. This is a three day long event and I have no intention of wasting my roster against this event.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    morph3us wrote:
    As has been mentioned over and over again, if we're supposed to wipe, don't make us use all our health packs in the process.

Exactly. Heal the characters in between fights and I'll happily keep pissing into the wind.
  • ilikecake
    ilikecake Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Yeah, the scaling on this event is completely screwed up. I'm on round 4 and the match damage from the bosses is what's killing me. I don't know if I'll even be able to get to the next round at this rate. And for what, a 3* Storm cover?

Realllllly hope they fix this, because it's not fun at all. I was so excited about the Peggy covers, too icon_e_sad.gif
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Hit round 4 and this is what it feels like already:

SumoWrestlerYoungBoy.jpg
  • Arathion
    Arathion Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I have a few champ 4*, but once I hit round 4....holy hell. They are 385. I can barely get by Green goblin before going against IM. They are all hitting like trucks. I made it to Wolverine, who uses abilities that hit for 8k. I mean, how in the world am I supposed to beat this? This is just round 4!
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    My whole alliance is struggling - got a number of newbies but even the few experienced "stronger" members - including me haven't knocked out the round three opponents once...

It is really disheartening and a shame we love coming together for the boss events... this is just madness
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I hate this event with a fiery passion. Round 4 and I can't past OML with anything. By the time I get to him, I am usually down a man (or two) and he just explodes with powers from AP saved from previous bosses, nothing I can do.

D3 - It isn't "fun" when you don't stand a single chance.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    I have no character over lvl 170 (unbuffed) - including champed 3 stars and some four stars.(I have no 5 stars.) My buffed chars for this event are at lvl 250-ish. In round three I am facing 3 bosses of lvl 352, each. IN ROUND THREE!!!!

This event is a total joke - we don't even have the benefit of our stronger alliance-mates helping to whittle away.

EXTREMELY poor game design, except for the top 1% who have maxed 5 stars on their roster.

If the game designers are trying to minimiz gameplay, then congrats! You've succeeded!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    One time I watched this guy bang his head against a brick wall for 20 minutes. Even that wasn't as stupid as trying to play against the scaling of this boss event.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I loved that after I beat the Round 4 bosses for the second time I won... Green/Black AP boosts.. gee thanks, might as well been critical boosts
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Round 4 (and round 5 i think)
    I used Hulk (5/3/5) Mohawk storm (5/5/3) and Kamala (5/5/3)

Only use 3 powers
    - Storm's green and yellow
    - Kamala's purple

- Keep your green AP at 10 and above at all times if possible
    - Flood the board with green (while keeping purple untouched) using Kamala or make green matches
    - DO NOT overwrite purple with green using Kamala
    - use Storm's green to grab green and purple
    - use storm's yellow to clear TU tiles before you use her green (if possible). This helps to minimise the chances of you collecting TU tiles when you use her green.
    - use Hulk to tank if needed to generate green
    - grab whatever match 5s you can get

It's a slow and steady battle (think 10min or more) so dont rush through it or you'll make mistakes.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Kaazz wrote:
    EXTREMELY poor game design, except for the top 1% who have maxed 5 stars on their roster.

Even the maxed 5* rosters in the forum are saying they're getting tinykittied by this. This is fun for no one.
  • ghostride23
    ghostride23 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Team Im using for nearly all survival nodes like Oldboy is 3 star Mohawk 5/5/3, She-Hulk 5/3/5, and KK 5/5/3 and made full clears into round 5 with not much problem. They all have high cascade possibility and use KK purple smart enough to feed Mohawk Green. The other side won't get another turn once you get it going. I didnt think of using hulk but i might try that. Not fool proof as match damage from and cascades could easily take one out in round 1 but KK kept health up. It also makes matches very long with all the insane health from boss levels 351 and up.
  • Okay, I am also on round 4. The rest of my alliance is helpless and even with some heavy hitters (two doing over 14k damage) yhe best I can do is put a dent in the armor of the first boss.

Even round 7 of Galactus was easier than this round 4.

This isn'tboss rush, this us ultramegaOPbossrush from Mephisto's hell.
  • Starting round 5 now. Round 4 was an exercise in misery. I have 3 championed 5* and it was still a chore. I got past Goblin and Iron Man without too much trouble but Logan is just too much.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Starting round 5 now. Round 4 was an exercise in misery. I have 3 championed 5* and it was still a chore. I got past Goblin and Iron Man without too much trouble but Logan is just too much.

Can I just ask you a question? (Or you know one after that one to be precise.)

Looking at your roster, you've got a champed Kingpin and a champed Chulk as well, who are boosted. Would you even think of Touching them for this fight? Or even look at Wasp and Xforce because of their health-pool?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please keep boss Rush discussion to the Boss Rush thread at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53171
This discussion has been closed.