Duplicate 4* covers ruin my day... Often.

TheBaku
TheBaku Posts: 55 Match Maker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have only a handful of 4* colours at level 5... And yet, at least 1/2 of the 4* cards I'm lucky enough to pull are duplicates... 1000 ISO. Excellent.

Extremely frustrating.

*end rant*

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Make sure you keep them for two weeks. Chances are you get a next one in the same color in that time frame (be it a reward or token pull). If yes - roster them, level a bit (lvl 83 i think) and sell for 4k ISO with over a 1k ISO profit compared to just selling both. Not much but always a bit extra in the annoying process of getting another cover of the one you have maxed.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I quit opening heroics until I have enough ISO to champ the next 4*, and no 4* rewards in my queue.....so basically forever. My immediate ISO needs are low, so I'd rather have the champ levels later than the ISO now.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I have 2 Bucky covers (blue and red, and I've already watched 2 or 3 other ones expire...), one Moon Knight (green) and like 4 Moonstones (all black) sitting in my Q...have the ISO to champ all of them, instantly. Bucky is 2/5/5. Moon Knight is 5/2/5. Moonstone is 2/4/5. Frustrating isn't a strong enough word...I'm going to have to sit there and watch them all expire because I wasn't lucky enough to pull the "Right" covers. Moonstone I don't really care about, that's just fuel for the 2* farm...but I'm getting really annoyed that I can't bring Bucky and Spector up because RNG wants to be a kitty...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    I have 2 Bucky covers (blue and red, and I've already watched 2 or 3 other ones expire...), one Moon Knight (green) and like 4 Moonstones (all black) sitting in my Q...have the ISO to champ all of them, instantly. Bucky is 2/5/5. Moon Knight is 5/2/5. Moonstone is 2/4/5. Frustrating isn't a strong enough word...I'm going to have to sit there and watch them all expire because I wasn't lucky enough to pull the "Right" covers. Moonstone I don't really care about, that's just fuel for the 2* farm...but I'm getting really annoyed that I can't bring Bucky and Spector up because RNG wants to be a kitty...
    Yup, my Iceman is 5/5/2... with 3 greens in queue... 2 of which are now expired (put into a separate slot in the last couple hours to build a 2nd one). Need to give out colorless covers.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would really like to win my 13th Devil Dino cover. I just need one Pink.... I have pulled four Reds. I hope that I will pull a pink before the anniverary vault closes............. icon_redface.gif
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I treat CP that way. While I'm in need of covers, I redeem them as soon as I hit 20. But during the anniversary I managed to cover max 4 different characters, one of which is a 5 star... So... Not redeeming any more until I get down to one left to champion.

As to the above poster regarding applying multiple covers, leveling, then selling... +1 all day long! At any given point I have around 30 covers in inventory waiting for that second or hopefully third same color cover to show up, then level, and sell. Helps that you get xp from that method as well.

If at the end of two weeks you only have two covers, then do both and don't worry about that third one. Rarely do I sell single covers anymore (2* non-champ farms excluded).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't worry, one day you'll get duplicate 5* covers, and this will feel like a beach vacation.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on my 15th 4* Thor yellow cover.. she has been 2/5/2 since her release.. keep in mind that 1/1/1 was from daily rewards.. she should be fully covered by now icon_mad.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on my 15th 4* Thor yellow cover.. she has been 2/5/2 since her release.. keep in mind that 1/1/1 was from daily rewards.. she should be fully covered by now icon_mad.gif

I had that problem with XFoce Wolverine. He was sat at 1/3/5 for over a year, every time I got a cover for him it was yellow. Hell even now if I get a cover for him after champing him it's usually yellow.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I am seriously contemplating using my cp to buy the last cover. If I use the 120 cp for classic tokens, i am likely to get another cover of 4* falcap that i can't use again.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I'm now up to 27 out of 120 color/cover combos that I can't use, which comes out to 22%, but I've had to throw out 10 of the last 20 LTs I've pulled. I've sold 3 XFWs this week alone. Incredibly frustrating.

It's gotten so bad I've adopted a policy of keeping 120 CP in reserve at all times, in case I get a dupe cover for characters I have 11-12 covers for (which for me includes Iceman, Quake, Thing, and Spider-Gwen), so I can buy their 13th cover if needed. I mean, I'd rather get one really productive cover for 120 CP than 3 random usable covers and 3 dupes I can't use.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Your hoarding logic is very tempting. However I don't think i will hoard. I'd rather sell the extra covers because if I hoard, it means I have more invested in the game and it will be harder for me to kick the habit if the game gets bad enough that it's not fun to play anymore. Some events were good, but some were bad. I hate that this game gives and then takes back. I have a feeling that the 10cp at 575pts in pvp will be gone and it was like the ddq thing with the 1cp rewards that was very short lived.

Because of this, I will open every token so I have nothing to look forward to except to play the game for fun. If it ain't fun no more, just put it down.
  • Xalthim
    Xalthim Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    I have the solution for this problem if devs would do it:

Allow players to exchange covers for a different color of same character when they draw their 6th of the same - for a fee (ISO and/or HP). D3 wins by selling more ISO/HP and players win. What would be the fair exchange fee?
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Tell me about it. A few weeks ago I drew 2 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.png which I already maxxed out the covers on, & I'm one cover away from getting 13/13 covers.

2 days ago I pulled icon_iceman.pngpurpleflag.png which is the only colour I already had 5 covers for. Figured there's no way I'll able to get 6 other covers, max level him & champion him in less than a fortnight.

Seemingly have horrible ironic luck.
  • Matt Murdock
    Matt Murdock Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Xalthim wrote:
    I have the solution for this problem if devs would do it:

Allow players to exchange covers for a different color of same character when they draw their 6th of the same - for a fee (ISO and/or HP). D3 wins by selling more ISO/HP and players win. What would be the fair exchange fee?
    Somehow I'm not sure they would go for that. I am quite certain that that has been suggested to them hundreds of times. I bet they think ISO and HP are not scarce enough resources to allow you to better cover 4s and 5s with them.

Therefore, the fairest thing to do would be to allow you to spend CP re-rolling the cover. Since you already have the option of spending 120CP to add a missing cover, it makes sense. Only I think the price should be reduced from just buying the cover outright. Perhaps 60CP (half price) to reroll the color (but maybe have it guaranteed to not be a color you already have maxed). Basically giving you a 50% discount on buying a random different color for already having drawn a duplicate.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    XFW was the my first 4* to hit 5 covers in a colour, green.

Since then I've drawn another 5. He's been at 5/2/3 for so long I've given up ever completing him.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Extreme amount (right now 8 of them waiting to be used/sold and this is rising) of 4* duplicates made me to put them in empty slots. Its a great way how to use duplicates and once, when 4* will be maxed out and sold (in 2020 or so icon_e_biggrin.gif ), they may be useful.
    Sounds stupid, but i dont miss that 1000ISO and i dont really have the better use for HPs.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    XFW was the my first 4* to hit 5 covers in a colour, green.

Since then I've drawn another 5. He's been at 5/2/3 for so long I've given up ever completing him.

Just drew another one.

I have no words.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    JVReal wrote:
    Yup, my Iceman is 5/5/2... with 3 greens in queue... 2 of which are now expired (put into a separate slot in the last couple hours to build a 2nd one). Need to give out colorless covers.

Same boat here. Added to this, they pulled him from the regular PVP rotation before SCLs, which would have gotten us the purple, then they re-added him after SCLs, making the purple a t5 reward on an off-season event. Grrr....

Now it looks like he's the t10 reward this PVP, and I don't have time to play for t10 properly. Maybe the purple will be progression next PvP...
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I'm hoarding now for the first time ever. I've been cursing the RNG for a few months now as I keep pulling red covers for my 3/5/3 Nova and Blue covers for my 4/5/3 Iceman. Now I'm finally in a situation where I get the right covers but there just isn't enough ISO. In the same week I got the 13th and 14th covers for Cho and Quake and now I have 1 Antman and 2 Nick Fury covers in queue but only enough time to champ one of them. If I could champ one of them for $5 I might do it but I think one champ's worth of ISO costs upwards of $400 so that's not even something to consider (is one champion really worth as much as a high end smartphone?).

I've decided to work through the existing queue and then only open legendaries when I don't have a 4* cover for a character I can champion already in my cover queue. It's annoying to have to do that because I'm still looking for that first yellow OML cover and just sitting on the CP while I wait 2 weeks to save up $300,000+ is a little frustrating. That said I'll open classic legends until I get one I need to champion or run out of command points and then I'll go to the latest legends token. It'll be wierd if lack of ISO puts me in a situation where I always have legendary tokens waiting to be opened.