Meanwhile in S.H.I.E.L.D Headquarters

Options

Comments

• jojeda654 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    It took me till now to notice the Hidden tag in Unwise's sig. Does that mean it's pronounced "Dijango Unboofè?" I've been wrong all this time...

Might as well replace the "D" with a "T" - DjangoUnbuffet

No cheeseburgers in paradise!
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    It took me till now to notice the Hidden tag in Unwise's sig. Does that mean it's pronounced "Dijango Unboofè?" I've been wrong all this time...

Might as well replace the "D" with a "T" - DjangoUnbuffet

Objection, we have copyright on the Letter D.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Clint wrote:
    Go talk to the 5 _ea_ly Venoms first. They might have something to say about that. icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    Go talk to the 5 _ea_ly Venoms first. They might have something to say about that. icon_e_smile.gif

MEMORANDUM

To: klingsor@5dv.com; all@5dv.com; all@5dp.com
    Re: Use of Letter D in external-facing comms

In an effort to distract us from our current leadership in the Simulator, we have just received a cease-and-desist letter from S.H.I.E.L.D's legal counsel regarding the use of the letter D, which they state they have all copyright claims to. To prevent operations budget from being impacted by thousands of HP in court fees, legal recommends the following substitutions:

5 Paisley Venoms
    5 Friendly Venoms
    $5 Footlongs

NOTE: We'll be sending follow-up communication regarding Subway's upcoming legal action against us.

Regards,
    Norman Osborne
  • IceIX wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    5 Early Venoms?
  • Emeryt wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    5 Early Venoms?

5 yearly venoms
  • I feel my guild will get banned if we change our tag to "Just _uck It"
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Clint wrote:

We have no plans to take the Letter D from 5 Deadly Venoms, we will settle for taking 1st from them. No further action needed.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    All your D's are belonging to us.

Edit: I have only now realized the implications of this statement...
  • this thread rules.
  • Shamusyeah wrote:

Oh, were you looking for D's?
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    Shamusyeah wrote:

Oh, were you looking for D's?
    He won't hear them. They're silent.
  • Shamusyeah wrote:

Arrested at 11:50pm PST on the night of the 25th, a one Shamusyeah Doe. Personal belongings on person on the night of the arrest include: One high voltage D, one extending D, one uppercase and one lowercase D, one vibrating D, one perforating D, one -ouble sided D, the D from the last article of personage, one arresting officer's D, one broken D, one typed letter insisting ownership of all Ds, one phonebook consting only of the D section, one dictionary with the D on the front cover cut out, the D from the front page of the dictionary, two glowsticks with magic marker on one side, one list of women with the name D.

Suspect was arrested by officer T.D McGraw when the suspect pulled out a D and swung it at the arresting officer. Allegedly in the proceeding scuffle officer McGraw's monogrammed nightstick broke in half. Suspect grabbed one if the broken halves and, laughing, proceeded to stick it into his coat pocket. Officer McGraw used pepper spray on the suspect and cuffed him and brought him to the precinct for questioning.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmmm, the reviews for CA:TWS hinted that S.H.I.E.L.D won't be around in the MCU anymore
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Clint wrote:

That's ok, I reckon I can take the 5 Measly Venoms. Or the five Nearly Venoms maybe.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I'm afraid we're too concentrated on our own business to mind S.H.I.E.L.D's icon_e_biggrin.gif Thanks for the name dropping though, don't think we object icon_lol.gif
  • Clint wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Clint wrote:

We have no plans to take the Letter D from 5 Deadly Venoms, we will settle for taking 1st from them. No further action needed.

Not Today my Friend. Not Today...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq-uMIZGETs
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You are not allowed to give negative reputation point.
    Your reputation has to be higher than 25.
    Forum role-play is weak is all I'm sayin'.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    You are not allowed to give negative reputation point.
    Your reputation has to be higher than 25.
    Shhhh....!
  • DayvBang wrote:

I stride gallantly into the tavern, tucking my sword under my sash. After finding a seat at an empty table, I wink to the buxom barmaid. When she sashays coquettishly over to me, I offer her an entire gold piece, saying "All I'll be wanting is a frothy brew and whatever meat the innkeep has prepared and mayhaps, later, a bit of your company, lass." I toss her the coin with a flourish.

What do I see in the tavern?