Game is unwinnable

2»

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi

I haven't won more than a few games in PVP for three events now. I am ostensibly a 3 star player with 4-5 champed 4 stars. as soon as the seed teams are gone (if there) I see nothing but 450 jean grey + OML worth less than 15 points. Can I have my 5 grand back please.
    We'd love to help, but you have to tell the truth. First of all, if you have 4-5 champed 4*s you aren't a 3* player. Secondly, MMR is bad, but not THAT bad.....

It feels pretty bad.

I'm in a very similar situation - 4-5 champed 4*. I do have an 8-cover OML, but no more than 3 covers on any other 5*. In the BFF event I couldn't get anywhere. Every match, even after 10 skips, consisted of a champed 4* + 6-9 cover 5*@ lv 350+. None of my 4* champs were boosted, so it was an uphill climb. I made it to 450, then got smacked down to 270. Even after getting swatted, I saw similar teams after 6+ skips.

Your score is supposed to have some relevance on what competition you see, right? If I get chopped down I should face easier competition. That's not happening for me. At least not in that event. I haven't climbed very far in Dino yet.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    I started at the beginning of the game when a 3 star was full gangsta.
    Which begs the follow-up, if you've been playing that long, why hasn't your roster progressed nearly as far as other people who've been playing that long?

I've been playing since launch and have only made it into late 3* myself.
    I'm playing on Steam and playing the PC port means you're automatically screwed out of placing well due to time-sensitivity issues and only being able to play a short burst during early morning and one longer run during late evening. You're relegated to the slow path of progression rewards in PvE and more recently; feeding off of DDQ.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Hi

I haven't won more than a few games in PVP for three events now. I am ostensibly a 3 star player with 4-5 champed 4 stars. as soon as the seed teams are gone (if there) I see nothing but 450 jean grey + OML worth less than 15 points. Can I have my 5 grand back please.
    First... I don't see how that's happening across the FULL PVP event. Day 1, I get... but toward the end you should be seeing a lot more valuable targets. You aren't playing in S2 by any chance, are you?

Try starting out with a 3* only team, and see if you can get any easier opponents. I know it isn't supposed to affect your target selection, but I feel like it does sometimes.

However, even if it doesn't, you can sometimes attract hits from similar teams, that you can then hit on a retaliation node. During the BFF event, I collected 12 hits overnight, and was able to jump nearly 500 points just clearing out retals on 2*, 3* and 4* teams.

But finally... which 4* do you have champed? You should be able to beat a 450 Jean/OML with some of the better 4*. You may need some quality TU and boosts, but it's very doable. Take a couple boosts and a MBW stun TU into the fight... have one of your champed 4* and an appropriate champed 3* battery (IF for Nova, IM40 for GT, etc...) and go beat up on those 450 teams!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    _RiO_ wrote:
    I'm playing on Steam and playing the PC port means you're automatically screwed out of placing well due to time-sensitivity issues and only being able to play a short burst during early morning and one longer run during late evening. You're relegated to the slow path of progression rewards in PvE and more recently; feeding off of DDQ.

Eh, I'm on Steam also and knocking on the door of 5* play. My burst was usually during lunch instead of early morning, but same thing effectively. Two blocks of play available. The biggest problem Steam players have is that they were/are mountains of Iso behind b/c of facebook gifts and the lightning rounds during the day. Covers has never been an issue, in my experience.

PvE only really became a pain with 8 hour refreshes. At 2:24 refreshes w/ no time slice, plenty of people were suboptimal b/c of work, school, whatever. With some bracket luck, it wasn't overtly difficult to place. These 24 hour changes have made it a bit easier on Steam players again, especially those CST people who can clear before and after 10pm.

Plus, PvP is the fastest way through anyway, and timing has never been an issue on Steam, as long you're willing to invest a little in the game early.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Yeah the old system, you can play suboptimally and place well. Heck I could play less than 6 clears a sub and place top 50. However 8 hour refreshes were horrible on my life. So stressful to see the 8 hour countdown timer. I was waking up at weird times, trying to fit it in at lunch. Also the scaling near the end of the sub was crazy. It would be 20-30 levels per goon/character. I think the 8 hour schedule felt a lot longer.

Compared to now. 6 clear would get you to top 50. You can get top 20 if you do 4 clears within the first two hours and then do 2 more clear the last 1 hours. Much more manageable for me this way. If I don't look to rank, the 4-6 clears is so stress free. It really does feel like casual play as long as you don't focus on the placement rewards you lose.