Game is unwinnable

homeinvasion
homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi

I haven't won more than a few games in PVP for three events now. I am ostensibly a 3 star player with 4-5 champed 4 stars. as soon as the seed teams are gone (if there) I see nothing but 450 jean grey + OML worth less than 15 points. Can I have my 5 grand back please.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ...5 grand? Wow.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Please don't take this the wrong way but I have to ask. How did you drop five grand in the game and yet you only have a few maxed 4*s?

I've been feeling like I'm losing more this week but I suspect it's because I'm playing more during anniversary week and taking more chances fighting more difficult teams than usual or going in to a match with a more damaged team because... well, because double ISO. Anyway confirmation bias, blah blah, you know the spiel.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    I started at the beginning of the game when a 3 star was full gangsta.
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    check this. my brother had the same problem until he switched to lower tier charchters.

so just create a team of level 3 charters and then hit the skip iso button. when he did that, he was able to find much lower seeding teams to fight against.

hopefully this helps you
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Spending money at certain points can speed your progress for a minimum of expense. I have spent a bit of money on accelerating my roster but not even a tenth of that and I'm slightly ahead of you.

Need to spend and play smarter. If you give more info I can help, since we are around the same point in the game you should be breezing through pvp at this point.. something is wrong with your MMR.
  • Quebbster
    I started at the beginning too and I have only made a few small in-game purchases (2 or 3, I Think), but I have still managed to move to fivestar land now...
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    I understand your situation (i mean facing big teams, not the use of "five grand"!), but you still have a lot of room to move within baby 4* land:
    Im40+Thoress
    IFist+IMHB (even IFist+Luke Cage)
    LCap+Hood
    Winfinity variants
    Look for stuns and AP advantage/denial. Not saying its easy, but you should be able to advance properly.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:
    ...5 grand? Wow.

Notice he did not specify a currency. Rupiah? Dong? Dinar? Or the classic, Zimbabwean dollars?
    True. Although I don't want to know how he sunk 5 grand dongs into the game...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    We here at D3 are sorry you're experience has been sub par. We will do more than refund your 5 grand, we'll give you back 100 grand.
    100-Grand-Wrapper-Small.jpg

You're welcome.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Hi

I haven't won more than a few games in PVP for three events now. I am ostensibly a 3 star player with 4-5 champed 4 stars. as soon as the seed teams are gone (if there) I see nothing but 450 jean grey + OML worth less than 15 points. Can I have my 5 grand back please.
    We'd love to help, but you have to tell the truth. First of all, if you have 4-5 champed 4*s you aren't a 3* player. Secondly, MMR is bad, but not THAT bad.....unless you have some leveled 5*s you aren't telling us about. You can't both only win a few games AND only be able to queue 15 pt targets. It's literally impossible. Even the seed teams with a score of 0 are worth more than 15 pts, so be honest - what teams are you beating, and what score are you climbing to before you hit a 5* wall?

Lastly I seriously doubt that you have spent that much money, unless you blew it all on health packs - and I seriously doubt there is more than 1 person in the world that does that.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Which begs the follow-up, if you've been playing that long, why hasn't your roster progressed nearly as far as other people who've been playing that long?
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    Which begs the follow-up, if you've been playing that long, why hasn't your roster progressed nearly as far as other people who've been playing that long?

Haha, I'm only on day 125 and I'm at the point where I've got some 4* covers I need to sell (still champing 3*s and lacking ISO), and I have not spent anywhere in neighborhood of 5 grand. I'm barely behind the OP. Something is not adding up here. icon_razz.gif
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    aesthetocyst wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    ...5 grand? Wow.
    Notice he did not specify a currency. Rupiah? Dong? Dinar? Or the classic, Zimbabwean dollars?

I figure you are playing devil's advicate, but in this case irs a no go icon_e_smile.gif
    Not being english native i checked Collims, and it states:
    noun
    10. short for grand piano
    Word forms: plural grand
    slang a thousand pounds or dollars

For further clarification i checked other sources and all say "grand" goes widely for "a thousand american dollars", followed far by "1000 british pounds"
    I leave an oper door to the possibility of OP cashing his 5 big pianos to buy health packs...
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I will say though that it is pretty silly that once I hit around 600, I see almost nothing but champed 4*s and Logan/Phoenix. And of course I get the issue of winning one fight yet taking triple damage while I'm in the game. That's super fun. icon_rolleyes.gif The more recent SHIELD Sims are designed a lot better and I can actually hit progression there. I'm really hoping the rest of Versus moves to that model.
  • If by 5 grand, you mean 50 Starks, then you are doing something horribly wrong. That's 1 million HP. If you have been playing as long as you claim, then that would equate to being able to max cover every 4* released prior to them changing the cover cost to cp.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Don't give up now! You're only like 5 grand away from being unbeatable!
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Don't give up now! You're only like 5 grand away from being unbeatable!
    yup and another 20grand to becoming number 1!
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    False.

I have it on good authority that babinro actually beat MPQ. Yes, it is true. The whole game, all of it.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    rkd80 wrote:
    False.

I have it on good authority that babinro actually beat MPQ. Yes, it is true. The whole game, all of it.
    Can confirm. He sent me a screenshot of the credits rolling.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    rkd80 wrote:
    False.

Can confirm. He sent me a screenshot of the credits rolling.
    Does Samuel L. Jackson appear at the end?