Need new MODE! (developers for review)

BariusRad
BariusRad Posts: 47
The game urgently need a new regime. We have a prologue, story and versus. But it turns out that we constantly have to wait to play anywhere else.
See for yourself:

1. Prologue - the majority of players have already passed it and therefore there is nothing to do.
2. Story - every PvE after passed nodes have to wait almost a whole day, with regard to the deadpool's daily quest - it is also a once a day is passed for 15 minutes.
3. Versus - You can make a few approaches and then wait and wait again. The same can be said about the simulator.

Most hours of the game is simply nothing to do, and it falls off. Please do have a new mode where time has no effect. To be able to play each hour. Let it be the "League" as the fourth mode.

In the League, you can specify how many battles are played, how many victories and many defeats. Believe me it is a great idea.

Prologue / History / Versus / League

ux99jt3lys_tn.jpg

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easier idea: 24/7 lightning rounds.
  • They can also be considered if L.Rounds are on a constant basis, everyday.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Simulator is pretty much it. You can play all the time, fight whoever you want (for small points or big points), get the progression reward, get destroyed by others (irrelevant) and climb again. That way you can farm loads of iso and 2* covers. Just ignore the fact that you are loosing points and enjoy the game when you have time. It's only not available in the offseason to give you a break.

For me - I barely have time to commit to 4 clears on PvE and keep playing PvP on a competitive enough level so no need for another mode. Even the days with the lightning rounds - I skip most of them as the game is already too much time consuming (as much as I love the iso they generate). I think Devs should actually focus on less grindy experience rather then increasing the daily grind. In this game if you don't participate in an event you are falling behind so any new mode becomes a must do.
  • You - not the majority of us who want to play on a regular basis.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    BariusRad wrote:
    You - not the majority of us who want to play on a regular basis.

If you don't care about other players opinion maybe you should have posted it on your bathroom mirror using post-its? Why use forum? Just to get affirmation of your magnificent idea? When did you become majority?

I do play regularly - more hours a day that a mobile game should require of me and for much longer than I have ever played a single mobile game. If my opinion is not valuable to you maybe keep your questions and ideas to a closed group of people you value.

By the way - somehow I don't see a counter-argument to the idea I have suggest to satisfy your gaming hunger.
  • Jdob84
    Jdob84 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    I think a survival mode would be a good choice for a new mode. Basically endless waves until your characters finally die. Points/covers awarded to those who can complete certain checkpoints (wave 5,10,15..etc). Then have extra awards on whoever can complete the most waves in a season..etc.

You can also have mystery boosts or nerfs every round (such as 10% red damage this round, or abilities do 15% less damage).

Otherwise, I would like them to add more prologue missions, or give an opportunity to reset them.

Just my .02 cents
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I have never, ever logged into this game and said, "gee I can't actually play because everything is locked out".

I won't deny that it's theoretically possible but somehow I doubt it comes up for any but the very most obsessed.

On the other hand there are plenty of game modes that just aren't fun and I'd be very happy to see an alternative game mode that changed up the game in a fresh way. But just having a mode that gives people who want to grind more of the same a way to play forever? Boooring.

@jdob: a survival node is just not workable in a game where winfinites exist.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kinda surprised by the OP. I feel there is too much you HAVE to do to stay competitive vs there being nothing to do most of the time. The change they made to Story events is good, but it forces people who want a chance at progression to play the game for like 4 hours straight in a sitting. If you don't care about being top progression then those 4 hours spread out over the day seem normal, if not more than what most people want to play a cell phone game for (remember these are games for while you're pooping or waiting in line). I can't find time to even play PvP as it is. My point is if they are to add new modes make them something pretty optional. The 24/7 lighting rounds sounds like a good idea to me.
  • Jdob84
    Jdob84 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    @jdob: a survival node is just not workable in a game where winfinites exist.

A good point, but this could be countered with random nerfs every few rounds (such as yellow/pink power inactive this round) or Enemy strike tiles do 100% more damage and keep stacking on top of each other in later rounds.

I'm sure there could be a good way to take winfinite out of the equation at a certain point.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    omg @ "post it on your bathroom mirror."
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Some people here is super self-serving when it comes to opinions, or suggestions that'd be a net benefit to all players.

"well I've never personally had BLAH so it sounds useless"

LOL.

anyway, heroics alone lock out all the players base without specific maxed 3's.

PVP is a sissyphean task until champed 4's atm.
    PVE requires a roster that has options and essentials, eventually leveled essentials to get the best rewards (and thanks to clearance levels I'd imagine it's even more miserable for a player to need 4 star essentials for 2 and 3 star rewards if they haven't properly adjusted score totals on lower clearances)

Constantly cycling between the antman/ cho styled events is enough to begin with, (like a week per, changing up the featured character to cycle through the 39 4 stars for example)

But people seem to cherish the obviously perfect pvp and the slowly improving pve.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    Simulator is pretty much it. You can play all the time, fight whoever you want (for small points or big points), get the progression reward, get destroyed by others (irrelevant) and climb again. That way you can farm loads of iso and 2* covers. Just ignore the fact that you are loosing points and enjoy the game when you have time. It's only not available in the offseason to give you a break.

For me - I barely have time to commit to 4 clears on PvE and keep playing PvP on a competitive enough level so no need for another mode. Even the days with the lightning rounds - I skip most of them as the game is already too much time consuming (as much as I love the iso they generate). I think Devs should actually focus on less grindy experience rather then increasing the daily grind. In this game if you don't participate in an event you are falling behind so any new mode becomes a must do.

Thats lovely for you. I'm glad you're busy.

but not so great for others who aren't like you.

Thanks for sharing but maybe you should be the one posting on your mirror?

Simulator is not a good suggestion. How is that relevant to a 2 star roster besides being fodder lol?

How is pvp ever anything but a roster check?

4 clears on pve isn't viable for all levels of play.
    THis game DOES exist outside of CL7.
    Not everyone can compete in PVP. Hell I've all the best 3 stars champed and I float at 300 points.

When has cho or antman been a bad suggestion?

How often do people onb this forum being told how to score higher in pve get told, "play 4 clears then don't touch it for as close to 24 hours as possible"

This game very much needs a mode that simply rewards based on the amount play, instead of solely roster vs other roster.

And not during a single run for antman or cho have people complained about there being too much to do.

If you want to see a game that has too much to do, check out future fight.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    First, it's not healthy to play this game 24-7, you need to have a life outside of the game. The top players are those who are addicted to it. I wish the time commitment to play all events was less. PvE is very time consuming, but easy and relatively stress free. PvP takes much less time, but is annoying and stressful because of the constant climbing and falling in rank and trying to find equivalent teams. I hate the lightning rounds, it is hard to climb up and the rewards are minimal. Alliance events, like the Galactus one, are fun and challenging with decent rewards. I love Deadpool's daily quest, it's easy and quick with great rewards!

As for a new mode, I suggest a mode that allows 2 players to actually play each other and make every move without the use of AI. It would be similar to the Scrabble app, where each player makes a move and then waits for the other player to make their move. Their would be a time limit on making your move, otherwise the AI will kick in and make a move for you. The turn time limit could be 1 min for quick games that you must finish in one session, or the turn time limit could be 12 or 24 hrs for longer games that you can leave and resume later. This does mean that matches could take a long time to finish, but if the rewards are substantial, then people will do it. Plus, this new mode would not require a crazy time commitment. What I like about this is that certain teams only work well with human control, not AI, such as using 3* Black Widow. You need a human to place those green tiles to get the best matches. I think this would be a great addition to the game, which can be open all the time and people can play the mode at their leisure.
  • GurlBYE wrote:
    Magic wrote:

Thats lovely for you. I'm glad you're busy.

but not so great for others who aren't like you.

Thanks for sharing but maybe you should be the one posting on your mirror?

Simulator is not a good suggestion. How is that relevant to a 2 star roster besides being fodder lol?

How is pvp ever anything but a roster check?

4 clears on pve isn't viable for all levels of play.
    THis game DOES exist outside of CL7.
    Not everyone can compete in PVP. Hell I've all the best 3 stars champed and I float at 300 points.

When has cho or antman been a bad suggestion?

How often do people onb this forum being told how to score higher in pve get told, "play 4 clears then don't touch it for as close to 24 hours as possible"

This game very much needs a mode that simply rewards based on the amount play, instead of solely roster vs other roster.

And not during a single run for antman or cho have people complained about there being too much to do.

If you want to see a game that has too much to do, check out future fight.

OMG Future Fight. You can play that game 16 hours a day and still not get all your daily tasks done. Jesus. Quitting that game changed my life.
  • I play this game for more than 20 hours a day, and would have played more if only had an extra mode. And do not forget that this is not a only mobile game, but also the computer to the incentive, too. I and my friends play on Steam. And we have enough classes in the game than they will be more better. In order not to wait constantly update event, I would like to play every hour. But the Simulator is not interested.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    BariusRad wrote:
    I play this game for more than 20 hours a day

I'm not a health expert by any means, but I'm pretty sure you're near the saturation point for play time already.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    OMG Future Fight. You can play that game 16 hours a day and still not get all your daily tasks done. Jesus. Quitting that game changed my life.

I deleted that game pretty quick when I noticed that being a VIP spender enables/improves the "auto play" function. When my reward for spending is "not having to play the game," that's a pretty big red flag.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    BariusRad wrote:

Most hours of the game is simply nothing to do

I would love to have this free time you speak of!

However, I would like to see an ongoing monthly Gauntlet-like event. One player a long time ago suggested that the devs can sell out the PVE story events that can be added to the prologue. Could be an interesting way for MPQ to acquire more revenue and then maybeeeee use those funds to create new PVE events. It would also be cool if the prologue rewards reset every month.
  • Yes, good too.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    While I may not personally like it, there is a more objective argument against 24 hour playing.

Burnout.

Players actually need to be slowed down. There are some incapable of pacing themselves, and they burn through for a while, then die off.

They want you here. They want you going, "I have to wait until tomorrow for more! Give me more! I want more!"

Then when tomorrow comes, you're fresh and ready to go.