Simulation 09 (Hard mode) *glitch?* (Resolved)

Options
thedarkphoenix
thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
edited March 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Is there any reason this simulation is giving double AP to enemies (if not more per match?) I can't find anything that indicates that it should. The only reason I really noticed is because lvl 99 Modern Thor hit me for call of the storm back to back on the 2 and 3rd turn, and then again on the 4th for K.O's. icon_evil.gif

IceIX Edit: Just changing the post name so people don't think there's something bad happening when there isn't. icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• That one is actually pretty harsh. The enemy is getting the AP for the matches that LT is doing, and getting the constant uptick of AP from the goons.
  • Goons feed ap to them. Beware the patch one, spidey one and thor one.
    They are nasty.
  • Can't check right now but does his green cost 14 still?

That would mean 4 green per turn from goons + several green matches
  • thedarkphoenix
    Options
    Telepath wrote:
    That one is actually pretty harsh. The enemy is getting the AP for the matches that LT is doing, and getting the constant uptick of AP from the goons.

So where is this noted at? I looked all over and see nothing about buff like that. Well at least not in match, the goons look like normal goons. icon_neutral.gif
  • thedarkphoenix
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    Can't check right now but does his green cost 14 still?

That would mean 4 green per turn from goons + several green matches

Yep still 14, which is the only reason I was like wth? How is this even happening lol. I used my last 3 heals and figured I'd knock that mission out....Joke was on me. icon_lol.gif
  • Telepath wrote:
    That one is actually pretty harsh. The enemy is getting the AP for the matches that LT is doing, and getting the constant uptick of AP from the goons.

So where is this noted at? I looked all over and see nothing about buff like that. Well at least not in match, the goons look like normal goons. icon_neutral.gif

No buff, goons always generate ap in this way.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    If everyone keeps dying there we can expect the community scaling kick in for the negative side and bring levels down for that mission. I'll probably leave it sitting for 24h so others use their health packs on deleveling then ride on nice rubberband multiplier right to top.... icon_e_smile.gif Good for plan A?
  • Goons generate their own AP because it costs most of them AP to use their skills. The trade-off is that they do not get to make matches. It only becomes an issue in these events.
  • Yeah, I always forget Goons generate AP. I only lost this mission once so far. Been using 141 Patch 60 Doom and 67 Spidey. Basically just tank enough blue to keep Thor stunned and focus on green and black. Once you have Summon Demons out with strike tiles, it's over pretty quickly.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    If everyone keeps dying there we can expect the community scaling kisk in for the negative side and bring levels down for that mission. I'll probably leavr it sitting for 24h so others use their healh packs on deleveling then ride on noce rubberband multiplier right to top.... icon_e_smile.gif Good for plan A?

If nobody even tries, no change.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Moral wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:
    If everyone keeps dying there we can expect the community scaling kisk in for the negative side and bring levels down for that mission. I'll probably leavr it sitting for 24h so others use their healh packs on deleveling then ride on noce rubberband multiplier right to top.... icon_e_smile.gif Good for plan A?

Alright fine, I'll take one for the collective team and go in with some 1 stars. Hopefully Thor will beat me enough that they'll have to call the police and lock him up. You can start the Bacon Pants memorial fund if you please.

I bequeath my roster to B4c0n M4g1c...that seed team needs some love.
  • Alright fine, I'll take one for the collective team and go in with some 1 stars. Hopefully Thor will beat me enough that they'll have to call the police and lock him up. You can start the Bacon Pants memorial fund if you please.

IceIX said something like health loss is the thing that counts so you'll need to lose 300hp guys 10 times for similar effect of losing a single 3000 one.

Also they "disabled" the retreat-based tanking that was effective once, and that is mostly confirmed -- so some patterns are watched, your throwing the game intentionally might get discovered and discarded.
  • If you are struggling with the Thor + goons node just use C.Storm. Make sure she's in the back when Call the Storm hits and her Raging Tempest will down the enemy team. Super fun to watch. Admittedly it was a close call as my entire team was down to 200 health each.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Also they "disabled" the retreat-based tanking that was effective once, and that is mostly confirmed --

... is that like being mostly dead ? (vague attempt at humorous Princess Bride reference)

...I try...
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moral wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:

Are you sure about that.

My belief is that it starts dropping at a community level when other nodes are being cleared much more frequently. It's not a difficult calculation for them to do.
  • Vinny J wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:
    Also they "disabled" the retreat-based tanking that was effective once, and that is mostly confirmed --

... is that like being mostly dead ? (vague attempt at humorous Princess Bride reference)

...I try...

Originally deleveling worked fine, 6-7 rounds dropped 10 levels, repeatable. (may be with more ongoing, but effect was easy to notice.)
    Then it was taken away, it just didn't work.

Yet a few people reported it is still possible just takes more losses for less level gain. I didn't really follow the line but it implies the effect might be only reduced severely rather than nulled or a particular execution looked after and alterations could pass by.
  • I'm not sure how others have fared, but I think tanking is still effective. I haven't been using the retreat tactic in a while, instead opting to play it out. I haven't seen tanking actually lower levels since the last simulator, but I think it helps slow down the scaling. I haven't had walls of 230s since that last Sim event and with tanking I was able to get sub 200s. This time around the highest I've seen are 170s. I've place well in all the events so I'm sure I should have a high PvE rating. I don't grind nodes down to 1pt either so that probably helps, too.
  • Yes Fat @ss Thor is getting on my nerves and so is Spidey!
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Moral wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:

Are you sure about that.

My belief is that it starts dropping at a community level when other nodes are being cleared much more frequently. It's not a difficult calculation for them to do.

My suspicion is that frequency plays a factor. The Essential nodes being low leveled make me think that. (And it would make a ton of sense.)
  • I got through the Patch mission using boosts using Psylocke/Ares/OBW. (at 110ish)

Patch casting Beserker Rage once is pretty much inevitable.

The Brawler generates green for Patch, not the Control, and has relatively low health.

Out of the gate, focus on the Brawler, with Psylocke red/black + Ares yellow (do not feed Patch with Onslaught!). Buy an extra turn or two with Aggressive Recon, should purples be available on the board (they were not on the round I played). Gather green and try to down it quickly, if possible.

Watch the enemy's green AP. Time the inevitable Berserker Rage with Ares in front to absorb the damage. Pray that Patch does not generate a cascade on his turn. If Ares is still standing, gathered green AP + Psylocke strike tiles + 6 green Patch strike tiles + Psylocke black attack tile should be relatively enough to one-shot (or come close) him with Onslaught. Clean up the remaining goons who cannot move the board to take advantage of the strike tiles Patch left for them with little effort.