Is devil dino useless?

stark0719
stark0719 Posts: 50 Match Maker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Personally I don't have him, but I would like some professional advice so if have him champed or anything that helps.
IS HE WORTH IT?

Thank you icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Eh, he's a joke character who's no longer funny. You can find out more on why that is by checking out his character thread from the Character Discussion board:
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1152

The most recent comments discuss the rework changes.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Define worth it? Are you likely to use her outside events where she's required? No. Is it fun to say that you have a level 279 (and counting) Devil Dino that you can only get once a year? Yes.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    He was actually better before his buff(cough...nerf, cough...nerf!). If he isn't added to the normal rotation he's just not worth the ISO to make him even slightly competitive, imo.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't wait to have mine fully championed!!! It will be super fun to use DD in PVE and have him rip apart all his enemies!!!!!!!!

Plus having DD is a trophy that you can show that you are a true mpq fan!!!!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Define worth it? Are you likely to use her outside events where she's required? No. Is it fun to say that you have a level 279 (and counting) Devil Dino that you can only get once a year? Yes.

Wait....whut?
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Fury says 'Actually.. it was his idea.'.

Wouldn't surprise me though. The dinosaurs in the original Jurassic Park were all female.
    Not including the ones who had a spontaneous change of sex.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    stark0719 wrote:
    IS HE WORTH IT?

Of course not.

But of course I'm still champing him (her?) and so are a lot of other people.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Yes, he still has one use. Once every year at least he will earn you a Legendary Token from his 4* DDQ. That is worth a roster spot and a little ISO. I also like him for the novelty/Jack Kirby connection.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Prior to her nerf, I used DD's dance to trigger Carnage black. It'll be a tad more difficult to do now. I might replace her w/ Laken instead (get blue coverage, true healing)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the sim I am running devil Dino with nova and OML. He is holding his own really well and doing some really good damage. I am definatly happy I championed him. In his PVP a championed Dino is going to be a pain to kill
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    She also had alternative cover for "Women of Power".
    https://www.d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40842
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    I think the uses of DD is much easier in PvE, because in PvP it seems only the boosted characters will predominately be used (which DD will never qualify for).

But in PvE, you can always use DD with your favorite combo against the targets as you choose.

So I think it'll depend on your play-style.

Personally I champed mine already.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    wymtime wrote:
    In the sim I am running devil Dino with nova and OML. He is holding his own really well and doing some really good damage. I am definatly happy I championed him. In his PVP a championed Dino is going to be a pain to kill

I was about to say the same thing. I was surprised how useful icon_devildino.png was for me in The Simulator as most of my go to characters were locked out so I assembled a rag tag team. Worked out pretty effective.
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Dino ... arth-78411)

The marvel database lists devil Dino gender as male and calls him a he. I think the confusion came from Dino being included in the alt covers for women of power but I think that had more to do with his side kick moon boy being replaced by moon GIRL at the time.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    spiderpool wrote:
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Dinosaur_(Earth-78411)

The marvel database lists devil Dino gender as male and calls him a he. I think the confusion came from Dino being included in the alt covers for women of power but I think that had more to do with his side kick moon boy being replaced by moon GIRL at the time.
    Read the section "Moon Boy's abduction" in the link you posted and you'll see what the gender disagreement is about.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I champed him because it's the Anniversary and I'm feeling generous, and I'm expecting to get a few covers from the vault (1 so far). However as already pointed out, he used to be a niche character with 1 good use. Now he's got 0 uses. If you have other 4-stars in the pipeline to champ, better to just save your ISO.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    I had icon_devildino.png at level 200 fully covered before the anniversary.
    I was deciding whether or not to champ icon_devildino.png so I let fate decide.
    My first token from the vault was icon_devildino.png .
    Message received. I've since pulled 7 more icon_devildino.png covers and don't regret my decision to champ icon_devildino.png

*NOTE - pronouns not used for dino-gender sensitivity icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    All of you sayin Dino is a girl, read every ability description and HIS bio in game
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    For people too lazy to check the Marvel Wiki link posted earlier, I'll just post the relevant section here:
    Moon-Boy's Abduction

The Heroes for Hire mercenaries went on a mission for S.H.I.E.L.D. to retrieve Moon-Boy from the Savage Land and encountered Devil Dinosaur in the process. Devil was found fiercely guarding a nest containing a clutch of eggs that apparently he himself had laid and the dinosaur abandoned Moon-Boy to ensure their safety. The discrepancy between this development and his previously presumed male sex was noted by the mercenaries, who could only speculate as to the cause of the change.
    That's a rather strong indication that Devil is, indeed, female. I am not aware of any strong indications about Devil being male, other than loads of people just assuming that was the case.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Yeah totally useless (but rare). Used to be ok with her 3AP dance but now meh