PLEASE keep skip tax at 5 ISO permanently

2»

Comments

• MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    That or the ability to lock out an opponent/opponent combination for an ISO fee. That is what everyone REALLY wants. No one wants to cycle through for a fee for for free they want to see something different. Maybe there are a limited number of locks per event or time limit but something that breaks the cycling.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster wrote:
    Before the skip tax, there was no reason to ever stop skipping. I imagine the skip tax takes some load off the servers.
    *shrug* your mileage may vary as Always though...

It queues a "spent 5 iso" update to the DB, rather than just rotating you through a cached list.

So skip tax actually increases message traffic to the servers, and one of the low-latency-required game state servers, too (anything involving spendable resources needs to be in the top-priority update lane...)
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    I'd love the skip tax to stay at 5 ISO. But I'd also love a change where any match worth less than 40 points (or some other decent amount) was free to skip. I don't feel nearly as bad paying a skip tax against an opponent that I didn't want to try and take as opposed to paying it because the enemy was only worth 18 points.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    madok wrote:
    or maybe throw us a really big bone and make it give us 1 ISO every time we skip. icon_e_biggrin.gif

We know folks will grind 1 point nodes to get better placement. Will folks just sit and click the skip button to gain 1 ISO at a time?
    They should do this as a joke on the howard the duck pvp in off season!

This will get the offseason player numbers up as well!
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    If the projected points are less than 38, no skip tax, 10 otherwise.
  • Pinko_McFly
    I have not gotten down to skipping but the 60 iso is gone after today's push.
    Knowing the stinginess that goes on with this game, I bet the skip is back to 10.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I have not gotten down to skipping but the 60 iso is gone after today's push.
    Knowing the stinginess that goes on with this game, I bet the skip is back to 10.
    Oh no, not my 60iso bonus...
    Good thing I did some fights this morning to maximize it. Stupid me thinking that the 60iso bonus would be available all day.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Skip tax confirmed back to 10…