PLEASE keep skip tax at 5 ISO permanently

Sledge
Sledge Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
This may be an anniversary special, but with the new MMR changes, many of us are burning through more ISO than before trying to find targets in PVP.

Please keep the skip tax at 5 ISO permanently!

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please just remove the skip tax entirely. The players shouldn't lose iso because the game's MMR system frequently locks players into looping cycles of the same 5 opponents over and over again.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about just a moratorium? Like, 5-Iso/No Skip Tax until MMR is sorted out. Then we could go back to skip tax. How about it, Demiurge? Throw us a bone here...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    How about just a moratorium? Like, 5-Iso/No Skip Tax until MMR is sorted out.
    Sounds like the same idea...
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    or maybe throw us a really big bone and make it give us 1 ISO every time we skip. icon_e_biggrin.gif

We know folks will grind 1 point nodes to get better placement. Will folks just sit and click the skip button to gain 1 ISO at a time?
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I imagine skip tax was introduced as a way to stop people from just skipping until they got a cupcake. Now cupcakes are obsolete they should remove the tax. It serves no function.
  • simonsez
    I imagine skip tax was introduced as a way to stop people from just skipping until they got a cupcake. Now cupcakes are obsolete they should remove the tax. It serves no function.
    I think the skip tax way predated ccs. But correct, it serves no functions. We're paying for bad matchmaking.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before the skip tax, there was no reason to ever stop skipping. I imagine the skip tax takes some load off the servers.
    *shrug* your mileage may vary as Always though...
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    Before the skip tax, there was no reason to ever stop skipping. I imagine the skip tax takes some load off the servers.

Yeah, the most likely reason for the skip tax is to make it so that everyone isn't pinging their servers all the time looking for new MMR matches. Same reason, IIRC, we can't scroll on the leaderboards.
  • simonsez
    Quebbster wrote:
    Before the skip tax, there was no reason to ever stop skipping.
    To fight a battle?

The skip tax is an annoyance, not a deterrent...
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Keep the skip tax, but...instead of winning +30 for the first match, win +100. Then it goes down by 10.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    rkd80 wrote:
    Keep the skip tax, but...instead of winning +30 for the first match, win +100. Then it goes down by 10.
    I've been cycling through exactly THREE targets for 10 minutes in PVP tonight.
    It should start at 250.
  • Quebbster
    simonsez wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Before the skip tax, there was no reason to ever stop skipping.
    To fight a battle?

The skip tax is an annoyance, not a deterrent...
    There was no reason to settle for decent matchups when you could keep skipping and finding great ones instead...
  • Sledge
    Sledge Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Quebbster wrote:

Yeah, the most likely reason for the skip tax is to make it so that everyone isn't pinging their servers all the time looking for new MMR matches. Same reason, IIRC, we can't scroll on the leaderboards.

Precisely why I did not call for it to be completely removed. IMO, 5 ISO seems to be a fair compromise. I imagine they would be able to analyze the logs on the servers to see if there is even a noticeable strain on the servers since temporarily lowering the skip tax.

I also get that we are all generally richer in ISO due to CL, with the rate of new characters, it's never enough.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    How about skip tax only on "new" targets. Most complaint seem to be centred around losing 100s of iso just on the same 3 people in our queue.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    spectator wrote:
    How about skip tax only on "new" targets. Most complaint seem to be centred around losing 100s of iso just on the same 3 people in our queue.

That would be a fair compromise, if the game gives me somebody that has already come up then it doesn't charge you for bringing it up again.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Change VIP so that you get free skips in addition to all the other benefits.

See how many sign up icon_e_wink.gif

KGB
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB wrote:
    Change VIP so that you get free skips in addition to all the other benefits.

See how many sign up icon_e_wink.gif

KGB

I think that might get me to sign up.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Please give me 5 ISO every time I skip.
  • Quebbster
    jobob wrote:
    Please give me 5 ISO every time I skip.
    And a pony.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Well, the anniversary is over, and I'm still seeing skip tax at 5 iso. Could it be? icon_eek.gif

Or is this just a holdover from Nefarious Foes starting during the anniversary? Fingers crossed...