MPQ Community Video - Anniversary Time!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi, everyone and happy MPQ Third Anniversary!

Today, we've got a Community Video featuring a trio of Marvel Puzzle Quest developers. The team wanted to provide some additional details about the almost-here Anniversary events, Devil Dinosaur's revamp, and the brand new MPQ hero, Gwenpool!

You can VIEW IT HERE.

We hope you enjoy the video and the upcoming festivities!

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for posting the video! I hope this Anniversary is a success like the first year. Looking forward to all of the events and rewards. Thanks everyone for your hard work!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Love the list of ideas in the background icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I would totally whale the tinykitty out of a 0-star Headpool.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2016
    But seriously, great to see a vid again after all this time, with faces old and new. (Hi!) I've been incredibly satisfied with the game's design and devs' communication these past several months, and am really looking forward to both this Anniversary and future character-rebalances.

NEXT-DAY EDIT: ...but NOT the redesigned Devil Dino. icon_neutral.gif Yikes; what were you thinking? I wasn't expecting an Cho-esque level of awesome overhaul, but the AP-to-damage ratio on that red is utterly offensive. I definitely preferred him as a jokey character with two identical moves (and a cheap 3rd) than this attempt to weakly legitimize him.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    But seriously, great to see a vid again after all this time, with faces old and new. (Hi!) I've been incredibly satisfied with the game's design and devs' communication these past several months, and am really looking forward to both this Anniversary and future character-rebalances.

Get ready for those Moonstone and Yelena nerfs!
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    I am sad to hear that this anniversary is sounding good as I will be busy for most of it icon_razz.gif

that being said, please revisit the devil dino redesign.
    the worst 4 star character didn't need a nerf, he needed a buff, and what you did to him is somehow worse than he was before because at least before his 3 ap power could have some fun with carnage or prof x now he is just completely useless :/
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Woooooow. A few days ago, we had the EARLIEST EVER official post, and now we have the LATEST EVER official post. Ha.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Glad to see the devs reaching out with a video! Even happier to hear Kabir say that hopefully we won't have to wait until next anniversary to get another!

It seems like the devs actually have a plan going forward, something that wasn't so evident previously. I look forward to seeing what MPQ has in store for us for the next year!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    lol @ "pay to lose"
  • JordanFromJersey
    JordanFromJersey Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    On the whiteboard behind them in the upper left is what I assume is a Gwenpool code: upper left, bottom middle, upper right.

So... whoever is in charge of keeping track of those, there you go! icon_e_smile.gif
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the whiteboard behind them in the upper left is what I assume is a Gwenpool code: upper left, bottom middle, upper right.

So... whoever is in charge of keeping track of those, there you go! icon_e_smile.gif

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=52825#p580001
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really glad of seeing a video again and hopefully, we'll get to see them more frequently.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Any chance of a transcript for the video impaired?
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Aw I'd like to see headpool in the game. Maybe we can get a deadpool corps character like r&g.

Edit: after watching it again it might say handpool? Original comment still stands lol.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Did I understand them correctly that Devil Dino will be BOTH Crash of the Titans during the anniversary?
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Did I understand them correctly that Devil Dino will be BOTH Crash of the Titans during the anniversary?

That's what I heard them say.
  • Punisher5784
    jffdougan wrote:

I hope they're both against a 222 SG but now it might be 333 SG since Dino is "buffed"
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:

I hope they're both against a 222 SG but now it might be 333 SG since Dino is "buffed"
    It's also the third anniversary and not the second...
  • Punisher5784
    Quebbster wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

It's also the third anniversary and not the second...

Ah I thought I added that in my post!

My only complaint so far is the lack of CL, mainly no 4* progression.. I needed another 4hor. She's been sitting at 2/10/2 (yes 10 yellow) since the first Anniversary
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad to see that they finally confirmed that they are still testing and tweaking SCL and that's why they keep going on and off.

Also I'm super excited about the bonus for top contributor during boss rush. I've been top contributor in each boss event I've been in and always thought there should be some little extra for the top, maybe even the top 3 contributors.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Use some of that whale money to buy a better microphone for Patrick.