Options
2»

Comments

• amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    PS: Adding 50 levels would be much easier to any level of play than adding powers. Even for 4 or 3 rosters, adding some extra levels to those would be big. Even for not champed chars adding levels would make them stronger.

But for everyone other than 5*s, covers matter much more than levels. Adding 50 levels to a 3/3/3 4* @150 is much less useful than adding some cover levels (at least insofar as ability strength. the extra health from levels would be nice).

But I agree that the exponential curve on champ levels, especially for 5*s, means that adding 50 champ levels would be too powerful. Also, would it make 550s into 600s? if so, I think the game would need to create a scaling curve for 550-->600 since I don't think the current game could support player levels above 550.

It can. I remember the first time they did Nefarious Foes with Goblin boosted, KDN's was boosted to something like 613.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

Or you could give yellow two effects. It could add covers to non-champed characters, or it could add champ levels to champs. That would make it a useful tool for transitioners, but would also preserve it's value for established rosters. Hell, given the strength of 5* champ levels, that would make it a near essential feature of 5* play, right?

Yeah I think they decided not to do it like that because it would probably be too strong as an ability. I guess they could add just 10 or 20 levels, to not make it OP, but if they would add 50 as I said in my other post, everybody would use him. This ability would probably be THE ABILITY.

This is why I doubt they will ever change this power. BBolt is already very good, so they are not going to make him even better, so yellow will stay like this forever and ever.

PS: Adding 50 levels would be much easier to any level of play than adding powers. Even for 4 or 3 rosters, adding some extra levels to those would be big. Even for not champed chars adding levels would make them stronger.

At the moment, BBolt is my best 5* - my BBolt is 4/5/2, my OML is 4/2/2, my Phx is 5/1/3 (ugh,) and my Surfer is 2/4/5 but, y'know, Surfer. None of the rest are above 7 covers. I've leveled BBolt to 350 (so far,) with the intention of having him meet OML at 375 (his soft cap.) Right now I have three 4*s who need Champing, so it's probably going to wait a bit.

I actually make extensive use of Bolt's yellow when I have him matched with OML. Boosting OML to 5/3/3 is very useful, particularly when I'm about to activate OML's Black. It also strikes me as really useful when coupled with a new character when they are required, though this occurred to me too late to actually use it with Medusa. Next time.

I know that's a pretty specific set of circumstances, but I figured I'd put that out there.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    At the moment, BBolt is my best 5* - my BBolt is 4/5/2, my OML is 4/2/2, my Phx is 5/1/3 (ugh,) and my Surfer is 2/4/5 but, y'know, Surfer. None of the rest are above 7 covers. I've leveled BBolt to 350 (so far,) with the intention of having him meet OML at 375 (his soft cap.) Right now I have three 4*s who need Champing, so it's probably going to wait a bit.

I actually make extensive use of Bolt's yellow when I have him matched with OML. Boosting OML to 5/3/3 is very useful, particularly when I'm about to activate OML's Black. It also strikes me as really useful when coupled with a new character when they are required, though this occurred to me too late to actually use it with Medusa. Next time.

I know that's a pretty specific set of circumstances, but I figured I'd put that out there.

I'm in a very similar situation; my Bolt is 5/4/2, and will be at level cap 420 in a couple days. His yellow does have a very specific set of uses, like Grim says, but given that the new release schedule will likely never relent, those uses aren't going anywhere any time soon. Besides, BB is such a damage machine, I'm good with him really just having two powers.