Magnum Opus

Aweberman
Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MPQ Alliances
Hello, all. I'm not exactly sure what other alliances do with their chat -- and I'm not exactly sure what all will end up being discussed here -- but I'm sure we'll figure it out as we go.

Here is our current roster (commanders in italics):

ADChaos
Anbond 0404
Aweberman
baf522
Calnexin
Chino.
demolition1
Dunbar Johnson
Gee23
InfectiousYawn
Pokemaniac1000
Ragnar1977
RODEO
Scenarionext
sgfowler
themakingofme
TriggerTime
vladimirjovic
yzarctonmi

I also don't know what other alliances do with their commanders, but what I'm doing is only making commanders out of people that I know personally, in real life. The rationale behind this is not that I don't trust our other active members, but that I want to be able to speak with a commander and urge him/her to leave the alliance, in the event that this becomes necessary.

Please rest assured, though, that we value our very active members: ADChaos, baf522, gragraci, SoGambino, Spyka10, and TriggerTime! I've also personally enjoyed the alliance chat that TriggerTime and ADChaos bring to the table.

Edit: Well, half the names in that above sentence have been kicked (as of 10 January 2017).

As I mentioned in the alliance chat, I've been tracking everybody's performance for the last week or so; I wish I'd thought of it sooner. Anyway, here's the link to the Google Sheet with what I've compiled so far:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Comments

• I'm looking forward to us utilizing this!
  • TriggerTime
    TriggerTime Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Thanks for setting this up Aweberman, I look forward to contributing.

I suppose the obvious question is: do you already have a plan in mind for that stats you're tracking? Are we heading towards the stage where you might expect minimum scores from alliance members..?

BTW it's cool some of you guys know each other. That should bode well for the future of the alliance.

Thanks also for the special mention! icon_e_biggrin.gif

This awards you the TriggerTime blueflag.png power: Lame Jokes which stuns the enemy team for one turn.
  • Aweberman
    I suppose the obvious question is: do you already have a plan in mind for that stats you're tracking? Are we heading towards the stage where you might expect minimum scores from alliance members..?
    I suppose that's a possibility. I hesitate to set any minimum, though, since I know there will be times that I won't be able to match it myself. (You may already have noticed that the Heroic PVP events are too time-consuming for me to make it worth my effort.) And I'm really not looking to make a game be some pressure-filled situation.

The genesis of this idea is the fact that I don't have any real sense of how much people are playing. So I'm wanting to build some history, and then see where I want to take things from there. What I'm imagining currently, though, is when I see straight zeroes for a player for both PVP and PVE events. If a player like that then is also regularly missing days of any play (something else I need to track), I will feel much less hesitation about kicking that player.

If we get to a place where everybody is putting at least some kind of effort into events, then we can start worrying about whether we want to set a threshold. Note, too, that when I say this, I'm not expecting everybody to play in BOTH PVP and PVE. One or the other is fine with me.
  • TriggerTime
    Here are the results for the last PVE event

ADChaos

Aweberman

baf522

BLVCKSTVR

Gee23

gragraci

InfectiousYawn

Nicles2010

Ragagaboom500

Readymade524

SoGambino

Spyka10

TriggerTime

try sundey

yzarctonmi
  • Aweberman
    Thank you, kind sir!
  • TriggerTime
    You're welcome. I figured that data might be whitecrit.png
  • Aweberman
    Here's a link to the recruitment post that I just made:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17371&p=582698#p582698
  • Aweberman
    Tough competition on this PVP event. We finished 619 with 5229 points. That's more points than we had in 3 of the last 4 events in Season 32, yet we finished 575, 424, and 342 in those events.

Good work, everybody. Let's see what we can do with this Boss Rush.
  • Aweberman
    Big welcome to our new players: helmetman, FireIgnite, vladimirjovic, and Ragnar1977, all of whom helped us finish 197 in Venom Bomb -- quite an accomplishment!
  • Aweberman
    Our three newest members finished 4, 5, 6 in Class of 2016, helping boost us up to rank 335 -- our best finish since I've been tracking! Nice job!
  • Aweberman
    I have finally input my roster into MPQ Gamependium. I'm still not completely sure how useful this is or how much hassle it is to maintain it or whether it's something that I'll find the gumption to maintain. But it's current right now, and I still think it's pretty neat. One really nice feature that I've used a couple of times already is the ability to see builds from other players. (Click on a character's name, then click the link "Full details for ...") You can follow the link in my signature to see my roster, and if you're interested in adding yours, I'm sure you can figure out the navigation from there.

For the record, it took me about 15 minutes to put the whole thing in once I got going.
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Aweberman wrote:
    I have finally input my roster into MPQ Gamependium. I'm still not completely sure how useful this is or how much hassle it is to maintain it or whether it's something that I'll find the gumption to maintain. But it's current right now, and I still think it's pretty neat. One really nice feature that I've used a couple of times already is the ability to see builds from other players. (Click on a character's name, then click the link "Full details for ...") You can follow the link in my signature to see my roster, and if you're interested in adding yours, I'm sure you can figure out the navigation from there.

For the record, it took me about 15 minutes to put the whole thing in once I got going.

I had first done this same thing for my roster 2 weeks ago. I updated my list again (MUCH faster than when making the initial entries) today. Beforehand, I was manually tracking progress. icon_cry.gif I was quite surprised to see the changes in just two weeks time by comparing my roster snapshots! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ADChaos
    ADChaos Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Finally got registered and yet to have a post approved. So here goes again... Hello!
  • TriggerTime
    Welcome IY and Chaos! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Aweberman
    Welcome aboard! It would be nice to get this forum a little more active. (I can type a whole lot faster here than in the app.)

Relatedly: Has anybody else been having trouble with the in-game chat?
  • TriggerTime
    Aweberman wrote:
    Welcome aboard! It would be nice to get this forum a little more active. (I can type a whole lot faster here than in the app.)

Relatedly: Has anybody else been having trouble with the in-game chat?

Sorry for late reply (I just worked out how to subscribe to this topic)....

I can tell occasionally that the flow of chat doesn't make sense - so either some messages aren't showing up or the art of conservation is dying...
  • Aweberman
    As I mentioned in the chat, I decided to reorient my stockpiling strategy. I've really enjoyed just setting everything aside, and it's something I want to continue to do beyond November. So rather than tie the hoarding to the calendar, I'm going to tie it to the PVP seasons. And since the Time Gem season is just starting, this seems like a good time to unload my cache of covers -- about 270 of them.

The exception I made was with Legendary Tokens and Command Points. I have decided to continue hoarding those in light of this thread -- So You want to Whale Latest Legendaries -- which makes the case that you are more likely than not to be able to champ a 5* from Latest Legendary tokens if you open about 230 of them (or 200, if you enroll Customer Service). That roughly translates to 5000 Command Points, which I figure I can collect in 5-6 months, at my current rate.

Here we go, then:
    at start:
    SHIELD Rank 63 (3/2025 XP)
    279092 Iso-8
    220 Hero Points
    300 Command Points

after opening tokens:
    SHIELD Rank 63 (567/2025 XP)

after applying covers:
    SHIELD Rank 63 (1760/2025 XP)
    435542 Iso-8
    1295 Hero Points
    321 Command Points

And if you're curious as to what I got out of everything, here's that:
    86 standard tokens
    7 1*, 2* Storm, (2) 2* Human Torch (8) 2* Moonstone (11) 3* Gamora (2) 2* Hawkeye (20) 2* Ares (6) 2* Ares (11) 2* Moonstone (10) 2* Black Widow

77 elite tokens
    2* Human Torch x5
    2* Hawkeye x4
    2* Ares x4
    2* Black Widow x6
    2* Magneto x4
    2* Storm x6
    2* Thor x6
    2* Captain Marvel x8
    2* Bullseye x2
    2* Steve Rogers x6
    2* Wolverine x3
    2* Moonstone x3

3* Ragnarok x1
    3* Luke Cage x2
    3* Doctor Doom x1
    3* Deadpool x2
    3* Sam Wilson x1
    3* Quicksilver x1
    3* Spider-Man x2
    3* Colossus x2
    3* Gamora x1
    3* Thor x1
    3* Magneto x1
    3* The Hulk x1
    3* Daken x1
    3* Cyclops x1
    3* Squirrel Girl x2

41 heroic tokens
    2* Captain Marvel x3
    2* Bullseye x3
    2* Steve Rogers x4
    2* Hawkeye x2
    2* Daken x3
    2* Thor x3
    2* Wolverine x1
    2* Ares x4
    2* Black Widow x1
    2* Storm x1
    2* Human Torch x1

3* Iron Fist x1
    3* Loki x1
    3* She-Hulk x2
    3* Daredevil x1
    3* The Hulk x1
    3* Storm x1
    3* Sam Wilson x1
    3* Doctor Octopus x1
    3* The Punisher x1
    3* Bullseye x1
    3* Spider-Man x1
    3* Quicksilver x1
    3* Psylocke x1
    3* Rocket & Groot x1

event tokens
    21 Strange Sights
    2* Human Torch x2
    2* Captain Marvel x2
    2* Moonstone x2
    2* Bullseye x1
    2* Wolverine x3
    2* Steve Rogers x1
    2* Magneto x1
    2* Hawkeye x1
    2* Storm x2
    2* Black Widow x1

3* Thor x1
    3* Iron Man x1
    3* Colossus x2
    3* She-Hulk x1

3 Divine Champions: 2* Daken, 4* Elektra, 3* The Hulk
    3 Coversquirrel: 2* Steve Rogers, 2* Hawkeye, 2* Wolverine
    3 Balance of Power: 2* Moonstone, 2* Ares, 2* Captain Marvel
    3 Hollowpoint Kiss: 2* Storm, 2* Captain Marvel, 2* Black Widow
    2 Smash Hit: 2* Captain Marvel, 2* Bullseye
    3 Red Shift: 4* Moon Knight, 2* Human Torch, 2* Human Torch
    2 Vicious Cycle: 3* Thor, 2* Magneto
    3 Strange Days: 2* Black Widow, 3* Squirrel Girl, 2* Bullseye
    3 Meet Rocket & Groot: 2* Magneto, 2* Hawkeye, 3* Kamala Khan
    3 Oscorp: Heroic: 2* Storm, 3* Doctor Doom, 2* Wolverine
    3 Deadpool vs. MPQ: 3* Iron Fist, 2* Steve Rogers, 3* Doctor Strange
    1 Sanctum Sanctorum: 4* Gwenpool

18 Taco Vault (savory) -- untracked/opened yesterday
    16 Taco Vault (sweet)
    2* Captain Marvel x1
    2* Daken x1
    2* Steve Rogers x2
    2* Daken x1
    2* Human Torch x1
    2* Bullseye x2
    2* Ares x1
    2* Thor x1
    2* Moonstone x1
    2* Black Widow x1
    2* Hawkeye x1

3* Spider-Man x1

1500 Iso-8 x1
    1000 Iso-8 x1

11 additional heroic tokens (after leveling champions)
    2* Black Widow x1
    2* Ares x3
    2* Steve Rogers x1

3* Storm x1
    3* Human Torch x1
    3* Quicksilver x1
    3* Beast x1
    3* Cyclops x1

4* Mr. Fantastic x1
  • TriggerTime
    Thanks for sharing this.

So out of 41 heroic tokens, you didn't get a single 4 star cover?
  • Aweberman
    Thanks for sharing this.

So out of 41 heroic tokens, you didn't get a single 4 star cover?
    Right. :/

But the incidence of 3* was higher than I was expecting.

I also think I may have shot myself in the foot by opening the Taco Vault tokens that were stockpiled. The pull was suspiciously 2*-heavy.
  • I noticed trigger's thing about subscribing to this, and that intrigued me. You can click/tap the subscribe button located at the bottom of the thread! Now I will be able to see the new posts icon_e_smile.gif

Side note: welcome, page 2!