Amadeus' Inferno Event Bug (10/3/16)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
Hi Everyone -

We are aware of the issue that effected the Amadeus' Inferno event over the weekend and we are working on a fix for this event in today's patch. The final mission reward will be The Hulk (Totally Awesome) See the Math of It (Blue) Comic Cover. Currently the reward is random, which is what's causing this bug in the event.

The rewards will be updated in game so there is no need to reach out to support for compensation unless you are still having trouble receiving your rewards for this event after today.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks.

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    What should those of us that have already earned the cover and had it rostered do? Will we receive a replacement cover and then sell the one that was automatically rostered?
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    I have the same question,

Also in other forums it says that if you buy another slot for a new character the game allocates that spot to the duplicate cho

Are you going to compensate them if the character they want to bring in expires because of this
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I opened a support ticket and CS answered quickly. I'm glad I don't have many issues with this game and, when I do, the problem is addressed in a timely manner.

Hurrah!
  • Well, i finished and got a green cover. The new Hulk was also placed directly in my roster, while there was no room for it.
    Now i got a 97/96 roster, lol
    The problem, i had already a 4*Hulk with just 2 levels, so i want the new one leveled with the old one, not besides it.
    Also gonna mail a bug-ticket to the helpdesk, hope they van fix it.
  • grewhorio
    grewhorio Posts: 92 Match Maker
    korenwolf wrote:
    Well, i finished and got a green cover. The new Hulk was also placed directly in my roster, while there was no room for it.
    Now i got a 97/96 roster, lol
    The problem, i had already a 4*Hulk with just 2 levels, so i want the new one leveled with the old one, not besides it.
    Also gonna mail a bug-ticket to the helpdesk, hope they van fix it.

I could have used the blue cover and got a green rostered in same as you.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    This was poor advice, it would have been helpful if you said what time it would be OK to play the final node. I took this message as a green light, and the bug is still present. Should I submit a ticket?
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Might have been good advice - if you didn't have an empty roster slot, you might end up with with one once the patch goes in and you sell your second Cho.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    I received this response from CS - "If you had completed the event and received a second The Hulk (Totally Awesome) Character recruited into your roster, you will receive a The Hulk (Totally Awesome) See the Math of It (Blue) Comic Cover for the issue experienced. Please feel free to sell the duplicate The Hulk (Totally Awesome) Character if you wish to remove it from your Roster" I still have not received a Blue cover yet though
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had no "trouble" receiving the reward. The trouble is that it popped the single reward cover into an imaginary roster spot instead of allowing me to train my existing cho.

So do I still need to contact cs for this issue or will it be addressed with the "bug fix"?
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    tiomono wrote:
    I had no "trouble" receiving the reward. The trouble is that it popped the single reward cover into an imaginary roster spot instead of allowing me to train my existing cho.

So do I still need to contact cs for this issue or will it be addressed with the "bug fix"?

That's the bug they're talking about.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I haven't recieved the blue cover yet and the day is now over. I even tried replaying the event, and nada. Is someone asleep at the wheel over there? Why isn't there more/better information on this?
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Sorry, where do I submit a ticket?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    tph_james wrote:
    Sorry, where do I submit a ticket?

https://d3go.com/support/
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone wrote:
    The rewards will be updated in game so there is no need to reach out to support for compensation unless you are still having trouble receiving your rewards for this event after today.
    Was it your intention to push rewards to people who'd already finished and gotten the cover auto-rostered, or was the plan just to fix the node so anyone playing after the "fix" would be awarded the cover normally? As far as I know, no one in the former group received a cover after the fix.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone wrote:
    Hi Everyone -

We are aware of the issue that effected the Amadeus' Inferno event over the weekend and we are working on a fix for this event in today's patch. The final mission reward will be The Hulk (Totally Awesome) See the Math of It (Blue) Comic Cover. Currently the reward is random, which is what's causing this bug in the event.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks.

Does this mean you are going to fix the node and send out a replacement for those who have been affected by it or just fix the node and we have to submit a ticket for the latter?
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I haven't seen a clear answer yet. Do I need to submit a ticket to get the blue cover or should it automatically be sent to me in the near future?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I opened a new ticket, and referenced LakeStone's post. It says we don't need to contact unless we are "still having trouble receiving your rewards for this event after today."

Well, it is a new "today" and since the fixed node is still marked as completed from me getting the buggy reward, I'm still having trouble.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Blue cover just showed up now; I did not start a ticket.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    I just received a blue Cho cover as fix, but the bugged cover is still in my roster, and moreover roster info states 107/106.

Shall we just delete the odd Cho? Is it safe to purchase additional roster slots?
  • Just sell the duplicate and add the replacement reward to your existing. You do not get to keep the slot the duplicate created.