Amadeus' Inferno scaling... oh, man!

Astralgazer
Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I do have 2 1-cover 5* in my roster, but after that, the next highest is Patch at 179. Whichever way you look at it, no way I could ever take on a 3-wave of level 329 characters! And that's the 3rd node of Amadeus' Inferno for me. Oh, man. Is this an event that is gated only for those with championed 4*?

The difficulty jumped from lv 152 in the 2nd node. Jumped nearly two hundred level. Is this for real?

Comments

• halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Do you have most 3*s well covered? It shouldn't be too hard with the right synergies and strategies. Stuns, special tiles, ap deny, etc. Looking forward to the challenge myself.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    That fight is VS single Hulks,
    Hulk, She Hulk, Red Hulk, scaling is appropriate for solo enemies
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Yeah but the cover is bugged so scaling is the least of this events problem!
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    i used im40 and steve rogers. after the 4th turn the computer never got another turn. stun is op against single targets.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    My levels were 451 for each Hulk. Rhulk was especially painful. Bring lots of stuns.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Hadronic wrote:
    i used im40 and steve rogers. after the 4th turn the computer never got another turn. stun is op against single targets.

I used those two along with Scarlet Witch, who could generate purple for herself and use that delicious 5-turn stun of hers in between Cap's shield tossing.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited October 2016
    3 single-covered 5*'s, no champed 3* or 4*, a handful of champed 2's; highest level below the 5*'s is 127 (GSBW) and the Hulk wave is level 307. She-Hulk's AoE took out my stunner (2* Storm, 125) and the rest. What the frack, this is just mean.

Edit: Barely made it finally with 2* Storm, Mags, and Thor. Storm almost didn't make it after one AoE from She-Hulk, but after that I was able to string together enough abilities to keep her and RHulk perma-stunned.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    elusive wrote:
    Hadronic wrote:

I used those two along with Scarlet Witch, who could generate purple for herself and use that delicious 5-turn stun of hers in between Cap's shield tossing.

IM40 + 4*Thor + RHulk.

After 1 recharge and a few Blue/Red matches Incredible Hulk was down and the other two never got a move. One of the easier wave nodes with stunners.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just bring SW, IM40 and Rogers.. stun for days

I used my personal favorite of Team Twilight: Blade, Beast, SW through the entire event
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Used im40/Cho/thoress; using her blue for stun is key; stun lock while you build AP; use same strategy as early DDQ enchilada node - always close wave round with kill shot or 5 match and then immediately stun next hulk opponent and start over again. Otherwise you get slammed with she hulks red or her green drains all your saved AP for one of your loaded powers leaving you struggling when you get Rulk in front of you
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I have 0 5*s, and no championed 4*s, and had to go up against lv329 Hulks

IM40 + Spider-Man + Iron Fist

Didn't even break a sweat.
  • wolverineclaws
    wolverineclaws Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Yeah but the cover is bugged so scaling is the least of this events problem!
    Man I thought I was going crazy also! Then I noticed the Cho cover went to my roster by iself and created a new roster spot even though I already had Cho in my roster
  • I have same problem, now have 67/66 roster spot lol
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    My biggest characters are my Grey Widow and Blade around lv 190. My hulks were level 333. Won without allowing them to throw any power with IM40, Kamala Khan and Spider-Man (3*).
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    IM40, Spider-Man, and *whoever* you want. After the first couple rounds, they'll never even get in a match.

This node is almost exactly the same scaling as the Hulk solo node on the Hulk event, and just as easy.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Hadronic wrote:

I have six 5* champions, and I did the same thing (bringing OML to tank for the little guys). Versus level 500, it took a little bit, but was still easy.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    OML/Iceman/IM40 for me.

The Hulks were level 488 for me. 3* Hulk had 93k health and it got worse from there. But Bobby kept them all stunned.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadronic wrote:

I have six 5* champions, and I did the same thing (bringing OML to tank for the little guys). Versus level 500, it took a little bit, but was still easy.

:cough:
    Humble brag
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Used Charlie's Angels for it, was rough when I was down to Xavier vs Thor and flaptain but I made it througb
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    To the people that are newer players :

You ready SHOULD NOT have 5*s. They drastically skew your enemy levels / game difficulty.