Tomorrow rebalance the following characters!

BariusRad
BariusRad Posts: 47
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
As promised the developers, in the end of each season will rebalance existing characters. Therefore, most likely tomorrow we will see the following two characters. I think this is Mister Fantastic and Invisible Woman. And just this will show us what are the developers, they promised, so should keep his word, like real men. We wait.

Comments

• Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I hope they change 3 star.pngicon_spiderman.png

I sometimes use him in the DDQ wave fight but his yellow is so pointless.
  • There might not be rebalances every season. From the rebalance thread:
    At the end of each Versus season, if we have characters to change, we’ll message those changes out.
    Emphasis mine
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    BariusRad wrote:
    As promised the developers, in the end of each season will rebalance existing characters. Therefore, most likely tomorrow we will see the following two characters. I think this is Mister Fantastic and Invisible Woman. And just this will show us what are the developers, they promised, so should keep his word, like real men. We wait.

Careful what you wish for. Rebalancing goes the other way too. So if tomorrow they nerf OML and Iceman, technically they would have made good on their word. "Like real men." What does that even mean? What does the developers' gender have to do with keeping ones word? Why this even in there?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be willing to bet Dino gets a look this week, Anniversary and all.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    They've said that they've been listening to us here, and won't be nerfing characters anytime soon, choosing instead to focus on buffing characters.

Personally, I'm hoping for Star Lord and Psylocke.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    They've said that they've been listening to us here, and won't be nerfing characters anytime soon, choosing instead to focus on buffing characters.

Well starlord will be rewarded from PVE so he might get a buff
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be willing to bet Dino gets a look this week, Anniversary and all.

It would be nice if they added him back into the token pool after a rebalance.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime wrote:

Well starlord will be rewarded from PVE so he might get a buff

I'll have 3 pending, so I hope so.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    My guess is StarTurd and Dino
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor

It's not impossible. In a recent interview, one of the developers said that they are looking at underperforming characters at various levels, not just four- and five-stars.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    3*s don't make them any money, so........
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

It's not impossible. In a recent interview, one of the developers said that they are looking at underperforming characters at various levels, not just four- and five-stars.

Oh, so are they going to rebuff the entire 3* roster to how it was before after the Champion update?

No? Oh...worth a shot I guess...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    3*s don't make them any money, so........

I understand what you're saying but I do not believe it's entirely true. For instance when I came back from Retirement I bought the 40pk Civil War vault to clear out the IM40 covers so I can champ him. I was happy to see him buffed when I came back and made him priority.

Therefore if they do a decent enough buff for Spidey, Punisher, Psylocke, Colosuss, Etc.. players will want to roster them and champ them. 3*s might not produce as much revenue as they use to but they likely earn a small chunk of change from them.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I know they just released him, but 5* Hulk is a hot mess. His only active power in his base kit is basically Alien Instincts that you have to pay AP for. Gamma Ray Experiment is surely in the running for Worst Power of All, now that Cho's black has been reworked. In Hulk form, his one active power does **** damage, and in both forms, he does **** match damage. His *only* utility comes from the meat shield, and neither Hulk nor Banner have enough health for that to be extremely useful, either. Then there's the AP thing when Hulk is matching.

5* Cap would be a super-close second.

Would throw in votes for IW, Mr. F, Star-Lord and Venom in 4* land, and Psylocke and Spidey in 3*.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    BariusRad wrote:

(Emphasis mine)

What about the women? Are they going to behave like real men, or real women? In either case, what is that supposed to mean?
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker

I sometimes use him in the DDQ wave fight but his yellow is so pointless.

He's one of my 3 stars that I need to champion but I'm waiting in case he gets some much-needed attention from the devs
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Character appeal should also factor in imho. I mean come on, nobody cares that Doctor Octopus and Ragnarok are below average situational garbage, but we're talking about thé Spiderman here, the classic one everybody knows and loves and wants to play with.
  • Still quite a bit!
  • It seems something Only This will be on Devil Dino?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    New Dino is not doing the happy dance.